Opinions on Corrupt.org

Horus

and his imaginary friend
Mar 4, 2005
Atlantis
I apologize for my absence, which wqas caused by a lack of anything to say. =\ I was planning on waiting until I finished a long, long essay I'm working on about the impossibility of a Utopia for me to come back so I could post it here and get some opinions on it, but I guess now works just as well.

Anyway, I was just wondering about other peoples' opinions on Corrupt.org. I know some people here read the site, and I just wanted to know what everyone had to say about it.

I apologize for my absence, which wqas caused by a lack of anything to say. =\ I was planning on waiting until I finished a long, long essay I'm working on about the impossibility of a Utopia for me to come back so I could post it here and get some opinions on it, but I guess now works just as well.

Anyway, I was just wondering about other peoples' opinions on Corrupt.org. I know some people here read the site, and I just wanted to know what everyone had to say about it.

Ive only read the articles Infoterror used to post (I assume he was the author of said articles). I think they're fun well-written little pieces of cultural alienation, optimism (in the sense that said author actually believes the world can be changed along the lines of his point of view), and propaganda, and no worse than editorials I read in papers no less than the NY Times everyday.

Hence, I believe they can be enjoyed and be of some use as long as persons understand the ideology and opinions behind them. As for those opinions...well, we could spend alot of time on that. Lets call it idealistic bastardized Nietszcheaism mixed with equal parts Evola-traditionalism and homogenious nationalism/culture.

I find aspects of them quite interesting, but fail to see the evidence for how terrible present society is. (In comparison with the past) I have a deep seated optimism from 'somewhere' that knowledge and logic will come through in the end and humanity will ever so slowly 'improve' it's situation - no doubt with plenty of ups and downs along the way. In the last few hundred years we have developed substantially in terms of physical capabilities... it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to expect that it may be viewed from the future as a fairly turbulent / disjointed time for individuals, but also that it will smooth out in the end. I think extremism such as Corrupt advocates has it's place in terms of making people think, but am unable to view it as a viable 'solution' to anything.

I find aspects of them quite interesting, but fail to see the evidence for how terrible present society is. (In comparison with the past) I have a deep seated optimism from 'somewhere' that knowledge and logic will come through in the end and humanity will ever so slowly 'improve' it's situation - no doubt with plenty of ups and downs along the way. In the last few hundred years we have developed substantially in terms of physical capabilities... it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to expect that it may be viewed from the future as a fairly turbulent / disjointed time for individuals, but also that it will smooth out in the end. I think extremism such as Corrupt advocates has it's place in terms of making people think, but am unable to view it as a viable 'solution' to anything.

That view suggests that reality has completely escaped you and you cannot see the clear evidence that we are heading for the collapse of civilisation. Although civilisation collapses have happened in the past, and new civilisations have emerged, this time should be the last. This is because we will be sent back to the stoneage effectively, and with all the metals dispersed and used up - no resources are going to be available to bring things back up to the level where technology is possible. We will shortly have lost the final chance to escape this planet in the future, lost the chance of space travel. It is such a waste, and it is all caused by the large numbers of idiotic people who are obsessed with shallow materialistic lifestyles.

Surely the Romans partying the evening before the sack by Alaric felt they'd never had it so good. Nor the passengers of Titanic, before they hit the ice berg.

The fact is, our civilisation is falling. A person falling may feel exhilerated until the ground is hit.

The clock is ticking away - global warming, AIDs, Bird Flu, Sars, Mutational load, infertility, proportionately too many of the most incompetent human types, falling intelligence, colonisation and invasion (disguised as multi-culturalism) within nations.

It has been said that the level of civilisation is the product of past minds. It is all down hill now. As Francis Parker Yockey said in Imperium, we are now entering the age of annihilation wars.

The mixing up of cultures and loss of feeling of commonality in populations leads to the loss of altruism - robbing us of stability and future prosperity. Before long there will be no firemen, doctors, helpers (if Bird flu should strike as feared this could occur within weeks).

We are creating a society where no one can be trusted or relied upon, and no one is honest - lies within lies. This is the "corrupt" society - in which you must conform to the expected behaviour in order to get on and which corrupts all of us in the process. There is a feeling that it is not worth acting for posterity when the end seems to be so close anyway - but this only makes it all the more certain to come.

A people without a vision perishes. And that vision cannot sustainably include billions of people on this planet owning cars, refrigerators and having medecine and food keeping them all fat, dumb and happy. That certainly is one example of what most seem to regard as a possible "utopia",although that is a degenerate idea of heaven to some of us. Aiming for this kind of life is the major part of the problem.

People are lost, with purposeless and meaningless lives. Corrupt.org attempts to help people find direction.

All very grand, no doubt... I picked up most of that from corupt.org but I completely missed the rational evidence and the clear view of 'how things were when they were better'.

All very grand, no doubt... I picked up most of that from corupt.org but I completely missed the rational evidence and the clear view of 'how things were when they were better'.

I'm not an expert by far, but I think the reason it appears this way to yourself and so many others is primarily twofold:

1) There is no legitimate way to accurately predict the future, so it is indeed speculation based on past experience and current trends - but neither can produce definitive results. And we have very short memories when it comes to learning from our mistakes historically...thus not only do we seem doomed to repeat past errors, but they are often compounded by our newly developed tomfoolery and sometimes arrogant recklessness(ie. environmental carelessness).

2) It is easy to believe things are really not so bad, because in many ways they aren't...yet. In fact, it is probably quite true that as far as the civilized world is concerned, things have really never been better!
But the trends and attitudes that could spell disaster are in place and most of the evidence seems to paint a potentially grim picture that will unfold sometime down the road - not tomorrow or next year, but in time.

Like Norsemaiden said, historically these things tend to creep up on us, and never more swiftly or dramatically than when we are all distracted by our comfortable, rather hedonistic lifestyles and feel-good culture(that isn't to suggest we shouldn't enjoy our legitimate successes however).
It isn't a "sky is falling thing" so much as a crossroads of sorts. We are sapping natural resources at a shocking rate, even as the global population explodes. Worse, much of that growth is in parts of the world already in a situation of deprivation and strife and it is impossible to imagine that this will magically be reversed, with all due respect to the Bonos and Angelina Jolies, of course! And the poverty, hunger and squalor(among other things) will lead to all manner of pandemic and plague that only exacerbate this situation to the level of crisis(as some may say large portions of Africa are in now)and threaten to spread the problem worldwide!

Perhaps, more than anything else, sites like Corrupt and the like are simply trying to say that there might be a better way. Western man is almost singular and fanatical in his praise of the liberal Democracy as the only sensible system of government for the world. We are just as certain that our very new and yet unproven egalitarian social experimentation is not only the best way, but a moral imperative, essentially tossing certuries of less idealistic wisdom down the toilet. It is possible that the "one world" ideal, the multicultural utopias folks in classrooms, boardrooms and senate chambers fantasize and gush about will prevail - but it is also doubtful we will get that far along before the next World War, or scattering of civil wars are underway(are we far off now?) It is possible that Global Warming really isn't the issue many think it is - but lots of, nay, most evidence suggests otherwise.

I suppose it really is just how you view and process the observations of the past and present. Some will see nothing to worry about - some doom written in bloody letters upon the wall. I don't think the proverbial Armageddon is near. I fear smaller but incessant wars, disease and mankind culturally and socially stagnating - rotting upon the vine, if you will.
Personally, Blowtus, I hope you are the one that is right...I just can't make myself believe that is so. Sorry if this came out kind of preachy - that wasn't my intent, but I think I've done a little unintended sermonizing here.

Actually I found it well balanced and rational :)

I wholely support the notion that we could do far better, and my own ideas of 'best' would line up much more closely with Corrupt.org's than present - but the extremism of it all appears to me to neuter it's potential. Current trends in societies on our planet concern me substantially, I am not suggesting Corrupt is 'wrong' - just that I also see no reason any of it is 'right'. My own experiences and thoughts have instilled in me a huge value of 'truth' and understanding, and the potential these traits have if society in general could be shown the benefits. Given what I would view as more moderate, practical and rational sermonising, I might happily join you / them at the pulpit :)

What, you're feeling pretty good about things? READ THIS ASSHOLE!

It's pretty easy to start a Site and complain about all the different ways things could and will go wrong in the world ..and then start pointing ones holy finger. Look at all the political blogs, conspiracy forums, hate groups, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that people seek this stuff out because truthfully, all they really want to do is bitch!

They're blaming the government, their neighbour, sports personalities, the rich, the poor, those with low IQ's, those with high IQ's, those who don't know their IQ, Nike, McDonalds, Burger King, capitalism, all corporations becuase they're all evil, space aliens waiting to get us, the illuminati, george bush, genetic pre-dispositions, MTV, the youth, their games, our guns, your muslims, movies, automobiles, viruses, cow dung, cigarettes, styrofoam cups, breast implants, the liberals, the conservatives, not doing enough, doing too much, not knowing, believing everything you hear, closed caption propaganda for the deaf, this site that's going so fucking slow right now, the pope, drugs, flu shots, stress and of course, this post.

What, you're feeling pretty good about things? READ THIS ASSHOLE!

It's pretty easy to start a Site and complain about all the different ways things could and will go wrong in the world ..and then start pointing ones holy finger. Look at all the political blogs, conspiracy forums, hate groups, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that people seek this stuff out because truthfully, all they really want to do is bitch!

They're blaming the government, their neighbour, sports personalities, the rich, the poor, those with low IQ's, those with high IQ's, those who don't know their IQ, Nike, McDonalds, Burger King, capitalism, all corporations becuase they're all evil, space aliens waiting to get us, the illuminati, george bush, genetic pre-dispositions, MTV, the youth, their games, our guns, your muslims, movies, automobiles, viruses, cow dung, cigarettes, styrofoam cups, breast implants, the liberals, the conservatives, not doing enough, doing too much, not knowing, believing everything you hear, closed caption propaganda for the deaf, this site that's going so fucking slow right now, the pope, drugs, flu shots, stress and of course, this post.

By god man! Are you a professional naysayer or something? Is there any topic raised in this forum(unless you raise it)you will not get around to poo-poohing or casually dismissing sooner or later? Yes, people complain when they see problems - real or imagined, in fact. This is natural. Some even like to speculate about how these issues might be remedied, even if it sounds like pipe-dreams and conspiracy theories to others.
I suspect more than a few folks on this site(and beyond) would find more than a few things on your sarcastic list quite troublesome actually...but I suppose they too are all just reactionary tinfoil-hat types as well.

1. There will always be problems (foremost point you missed).
2. The whole doom and gloom mentality is self-serving.

Doom and gloom out of all proportion is, of course, ridiculous. But sometimes a little bombast and heated rhetoric arouse the senses(and interest). Also, a sober if rather pessimistic view of what the future holds is not necessarily indulgent doom and gloom if it is reasonably formulated or rather likely; or particularly if one also proposes solutions.
I doubt I really missed the point about problems - of course there will always be problems - but right now we seem to have more of them than viable solutions...or so some of us think. Your milage may vary as they say...

We have had two world wars in the last century. They were not really so long ago. It seems somewhat naive to think everything will be peaches and cream from here on in. I am sure that just before WWI and WWII people had no idea of the horror to come - just like the Tsar just before the Bolsheviks got him - and many other such situations in the past.

Many places of the world still have wars and there is starvation (increasing) and AIDs could realistically wipe out all Africans in the not so distant future (which is especially worrying for Africans and makes it hard to see what is so great right now if you are one of them - mind you was Africa ever a nice place?).

One in three of us is destined to die from cancer (I hate being so negative but there it is). Although it can be pointed out that there were a number of things to die of in the past which kept the life expectancy much lower than it is today. The thing is though - that it would be avoidable to have this cancer rate if the environment and products we used were produced responsibly - with financial gain not being the cheif priority. It is hard to get wholesome food unless you are fairly wealthy. Even if one mangages to avoid the pesticided, irradiated and genetically modified food - others don't. And the thalates are making more and more people ill or infertile. You may find a mate who is relatively uncontaminated, but your kids will find it many times harder to do so.

When half of the population has caught Bird flu and many have died, and the hospitals cannot cope so there is no medical aid for anyone whatever their condition, I cannot see people even turning up for work. Those that haven't caught it will be keeping away from everyone. There will be very few if any nurses/doctors turning up for work and no food being delivered to shops. Starvation will set in but the government will have to announce a state of emergency. The army will be forced to take control of the situation. I am going to be optimistic and suggest that food parcels may be dropped. But who can tell? There will be a lot of violent crime at this point - no community spirit will exist in the heavily populated areas, because that has been all but destroyed by the deliberate disunification of society and its encouragement of individualistic greed.

There has to be a pandemic like this. They are known to happen at regular intervals. One is overdue now. The longer it takes to come, the worse the consequences.

Don't let it get you down though. Everyone has to just be prepared and not sleepwalking into disaster.

Blowtus - if you write an article for Corrupt that isn't so extreme, it may well be considered for publication, so you should try it.

After 4 paragraphs of doom and gloom, you end it with a, "Don't let it get you down though.." ?

It is all this pretending that it isn't happening that makes it worse for everyone. Everyone can start being part of the solution and not part of the problem. Defeatism is just as useless as denial. Anyway Corrupt.org is a lot more fun and upbeat than you might think.

In the last few hundred years we have developed substantially in terms of physical capabilities...

Possibly we have decayed with internal ones as well?

Lets call it idealistic bastardized Nietszcheaism mixed with equal parts Evola-traditionalism and homogenious nationalism/culture.

Bastardized Nietzscheanism? He endorsed nationalism, just not nation-state-ism.

I'd call it pure technological Romanticism.

1. There will always be problems (foremost point you missed).

Not all problems are equal -- a hangnail isn't equal to a cancer. We're talking about a cancer, not a hangnail.

Bastardized Nietzscheanism? He endorsed nationalism, just not nation-state-ism.

I'd call it pure technological Romanticism.

Not all problems are equal -- a hangnail isn't equal to a cancer. We're talking about a cancer, not a hangnail.

Regardless of the intricacies of your Nietszcheasm, I'm sincerely glad you've returned.

Possibly - the evidence is far less clear. I am more inclined to assume people were greedy bastards back in the day as well, and our vastly increased physical capabilities have reduced the basic need to 'fit in' to smaller, local communities.

Hasn't disease, famine and war been a regular cause of concern for humanity? Would losing 2/3 of the worlds population really affect things terribly in the long run?

Possibly - the evidence is far less clear. I am more inclined to assume people were greedy bastards back in the day as well, and our vastly increased physical capabilities have reduced the basic need to 'fit in' to smaller, local communities.

Hasn't disease, famine and war been a regular cause of concern for humanity? Would losing 2/3 of the worlds population really affect things terribly in the long run?

No... The way we live in modern times is incredibly harmfull, and our physical capabilities are by no means vastly increased. We are basically devolving our species with our incessant idiocy in how our society functions. Natural selection and survival of the fittest has been utterly destroyed. The gene pools are not optimized as needed, and therefore flaws are passed on through every generation with little-no trimming even. As Norsemaidened mention, we are becoming dumber. We are also becoming less physically adept, as we don't excercise anymore, we supposedly "use our minds instead" [which is a lie]. We have been turned into cattle, forced to sit in little cells and eat our own ignorance, fattening us with it. Our huge cities pollute and destroy the environment. Would you like to know what humans need to survive more than anything else? The environment. Without plants and mostly trees there would be no oxygen. The toxins we put into the atmosphere and eco-systems are causing potentially apocalyptic effects such as global warming. The toxins we ingest with our mass-produced food [if it can even be called food] is destroying our chemical makeup, causing cancer and so many other genetic disorders to run rampant.

Small towns are a necessity for our survival in our current state, and for the survival of that which we came from, nature.

As for war and disease always being a threat, that just isn't true. There is no way war could destroy our species or the planet even just 200 years ago. Only with Christianity, Islam, and first Judaism, has war been such a disgusting proposition as it is now. They were the first mass cultural desecrators, causing a wave of destruction across europe and then the rest of the world. War before that, in the time of small local communities, was a catalyst of constructive change rather than pervasive destruction. Our modern concept of war is built around either greed or "fighting for peace", both of which are idiocy. Peace is impossible and not even desirable, war, at least as it used to exist, is a necessity for our societies to improve. It never was a cause for concern until the very things that corrupt.org speaks against, "arrived." Disease was not a large concern either, there were of course plagues at times, but disease was far less dangerous than it is today. Without our plethora of medicines nearly all would be dead in a couple years I'm pretty sure. We create cures and a hundred more diseases spring up. Disease I'm guessing are something of natures attempt to balance our disgusting overpopulation. As such, they were not prevalant in ancient times, of small communities.

Reactions: Norsemaiden
I can't have been clear enough with my observation that it seems likely we are very similar people to hundreds, or thousands, of years ago, just with extended physical capabilties - more potential for harm and less need for others to value us. I agree with your perspective on the environment. I hope science will provide us with the means to harness energy more readily sooner rather than later (or never, as the doomsayers would have it) but certainly agree that without that assurance we are causing large, potentially unsolvable problems for ourselves. It doesn't strike me as particularly difficult (in theory, of course) to harness the might of capitalism / economies to deal with this problem, attempts have already been made. I wonder if enough people will believe it is a serious problem in time for those methods to succeed.

The toxins we ingest with our mass produced food and 'destroying our chemical makeup' I find a hysterical, panic filled perspective. We still have to die of something, though perhaps not for too much longer.

If small towns (only small towns, I assume?) are necessary for survival in our current state, I would suggest the only way forward is to change our current state - I see not how you would get everyone back in to small towns, or how you would make them relevant.

As for disease not being as dangerous or prevalent in ancient times - I find that an interesting assertion. At the age of 25 I have had 1 treatment of antibiotics, for a non-life threatening affliction. Life expectancy is far greater now - to suggest this is purely because of medicine (nothing to do with hygiene and the easy availability of reasonable food) and without it we would be soon dead I again think hysterical and fear mongering.

Nuclear war is a cause for concern I agree.