Opinions on Dimmu Borgir?

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DIMMU BORGIR!!! I'M SEEING THEM AT HARD ROCK CAFE IN FEBRUARY! GO SHAGRATH! GO SILONEZ! EDT AND STORMBLAST ARE MY FAVORITE ALBUMS! AHHHHH!

Ok, I'm calm now. They are lovely, I love that band.

I think they've progressively gotten better, but not out of maturity, but because they've brought in better musicians. Not until they started star picking (Barker, Vortex, Galder) from other bands did I really respect their music. The original lead guitarist fucked up every solo when I saw them live and the original key boardist used a trigger for his arpeggios. That's not to say that their music was all together bad, in fact some if it was quite catchy. But for as much acclaim as they get, I was unimpressed with their live show.

I'm glad they've shed the corpse paint look (well almost completely anyway). I have a hard time respecting musicians that "dress up", whether it be corpse paint or armor or whatever.

Time for a flaming *braces for impact*-I hate Dimmu. I hate I hate I hate. They are very talented and I respect them, but they have never been interesting to me, and I find them to be annoying. Most of my friends like them though, so maybe I'm just "off" in the brain, you know?:lol: :D

and did I get that swedish right in the np part?

i ve listened only e few songs of them. they are really hard.. One of my friend loves them and he said to me it needs to a little long time to understnad their music but they are fantastic.. i believe him but i still have time to understand.. :p

I'm gonna get tickets on Tuesday. My parents don't want to use a friggin credit card so I actually have to go down to Ticketmaster and get them. The show will kick ass though. Cryptopsy is there, nothing can go wrong :)

Puritanical is a great album... But the only song i can bear from their older albums is MOURNING PALACE, and what a hell of a good song that is.

The rest of the early stuff is just boring, plain boring.

I hate emperor too, i can't stand them. Fuckin' noise bullshit. I'm sure that you'll all abuse me, because you all lurve Emperor so much for NO FUCKING REASON AT ALL.

:D

I for one don't love Emperor. I think they're highly overrated. I have Nightside and Anthems, and I can't hear the vocals, which takes away from any potential the albums may have had. Speaking of Dimmu, I had Stormblast for months before I really gave it a chance. Since it was all in Norsk, I was turned off by the album. But man, once I gave it a chance, I was hooked! Nevermind that I can't understand a word of it, it's absolutely amazing, with sweeping keyboards, very atmospheric, a pleasure to the ears. And also, Mourning Palace is good, Trapped, I agree with that! I LOVE EDT, my favorite songs being Spellbound (by the Devil), Entrance, In Death's Embrace, Succubus in Rapture. Hell, I love the entire album. For All Tid is supposed to be fantastic, but I haven't had a chance to buy the album. I lost Puritanical (spank, spank, shame on me :( )

sorry, i foind dimmu borgir highly overrated. the vocals suck, some of the most annoying growls i've ever heard. i find their music unoriginal and repetitive. i have nothing against bands that aren't groudbreaking, but dimmu gets way to much respect for doing nothing (well, that's my opinion anyways). the whole keyboard thing makes the cheesy riffs sound even cheesier. it doesn't convey atmosphere to these ears, it just sounds like they are attempting to cover up a lack of ability to write original songs, so they take keyboards and put it on top of some simple riffs. and the lyrics are ridiculous. they try so hard to sound evil and dark but its just laughable.

They have gotten alot better with age in my opinion. I am not a huge fan of the real early stuff(HORRIBLE production,and to me shit production is unlistenable)but the last three albums are great! But....They are no OPETH!!!!!!!!!!