Kill Dimmu Borgir

I don't rally care for Dimmu, but I like Cradle of Filth, of course I am not the biggest fan by any means.

Insulting Morbid Angel, that's just not something that should be done :mad:

Sounds to me is he trying to look cool by not copying you, and he thinks insulting stuff you like will make it seem like he found his own way or what not. I think that if you can like Cradle of Filth, why the hell can't you like Morbid Angel or Celtic Frost? I think he just sounds like a poser, personally.

Originally posted by Oyo

Insulting Morbid Angel, that's just not something that should be done :mad:

Sounds to me is he trying to look cool by not copying you, and he thinks insulting stuff you like will make it seem like he found his own way or what not. I think that if you can like Cradle of Filth, why the hell can't you like Morbid Angel or Celtic Frost? I think he just sounds like a poser, personally.

Goddammit Oyo sometimes you can read my mind :D :D

Don't like CoF. Only Dimmu album worth having is Stormblast. Don't lie Darkthrone either, but "Wannabe Angel"? This kid obviously has his head stuck up his ass

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Don't like CoF. Only Dimmu album worth having is Stormblast. Don't lie Darkthrone either, but "Wannabe Angel"? This kid obviously has his head stuck up his ass

You like dimmu, but not darkthrone? are you sure you're not the one who has his head up his ass?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Oyo

Probably because "Morbid Angel is just noise!" and "Celtic Frost is so 80's!". Seriously, CoF is much more accessable than Morbid Angel and Celtic Frost (well, not counting Cold Lake and perhaps Vanity/Nemesis).

Kill Dimmu Borgir?! Stupidest thing I`ve ever heard.. I`m tired of people screaming their heads off, just because DB had the balls to do something different back with the release of EDT. That specific album is a stand-out of the genre, to say something else than that is ....just nonsense. They seem to stick with their thingy, and I can`t see why people get so upset about it. If it`s not your cup of tea, then just leave it be man! I`m sick and fuckin tired of the "who`s most true - discussions"

Originally posted by Nightfall Overture
Kill Dimmu Borgir?! Stupidest thing I`ve ever heard.. I`m tired of people screaming their heads off, just because DB had the balls to do something different back with the release of EDT. That specific album is a stand-out of the genre, to say something else than that is ....just nonsense. They seem to stick with their thingy, and I can`t see why people get so upset about it. If it`s not your cup of tea, then just leave it be man! I`m sick and fuckin tired of the "who`s most true - discussions"

About time a bit of sense was made of all this.

I agree 100% mate.

dimmu can die!

2 times weve booked an interview with them, none of the times they showed up..

for the last infernofestival they got about 100 000 NoK to headline (about $12 500), aeternus got about 3000 NoK ($400).. not sure about behemoth and the other big ones though.. but most of the other bands didnt get shit.

some people up here where i live, tried to get them to come for an metal-marathon event. they called dimmu up, but were unable to get an answer.. they said they had to talk with their management about this, but assured them it wouldnt be cheap, because they had to fly in sound engineers and nick, the fatass drummer (probably in his own container), aswell as they demanded top service (hotel etc..)

the spirit of music doesnt seem to be with them anymore, they running a business instead! sad...
they dont care for the ones who helped them on their way years ago, theyre nothing but arrogant posers! a shame for the blackmetal scene.. :(

Originally posted by LordHypnos

You like dimmu, but not darkthrone? are you sure you're not the one who has his head up his ass?:rolleyes:

I never said I LIKE Dimmu. I just said the only album worth having is Stormblast. Maybe your the one with his head up his ass seeing that you can't read straight.

Darkthrone is the most over rated pieces of crap (IN MY OPINION). Every album sounds the same (shitty). Wait maybe the most over rated is Mayhem. *ponders that thought* Nah, it's Darkthrone

I cant understand how you can all look through that damn gloss that is dimmu borgir. They are the most obviously blatant manufactured band. And the worst part is that they are in the black metal scene. Come on, they even confess to being a career band. And how can anyone call them original?! They are conformists to the worst degree, just look at em. What, does someone here like "dark funeral" too?!

I close my eyes - put the CD in - and listen.

PEM is awesome - love the sound. Do I care that they are having some monetary success, and it may be going to their head? Nope - it's about the music. From someone who buys music to listen to: Don't like the sound? - fine, don't buy their albums. Mad because they won't do an interview? - tough.

I'm speaking from the "I sit on my fat ass and listen to the music" standpoint. If I was in the music industry, I may feel different - maybe out of jealousy - who knows.

Originally posted by Demonspell
I hate Cradle Of Filth and Darkthrone equally...where do I stand in the pantheon of black metal credibility? :)

Hope you DIE for hating Darkthrone!! :D

Acutally; Hating them means u like them because they wanna be
hated. Welcome to the force! :lol: