Any Christian Opeth fans????

benjikong

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
I love Opeth!!! I even like Dimmu Borgir, CoB, CoF,and Old man's child. I like virtually all kinds of Metal, but i'm a member of the christian faith. I love metal music, and as long as your not killing people, or burning churches (two reasons I didn't add emperor to my list), I respect your beliefs. Are me and my friends the only ones who like christian metal, and non-christian metal???? Are we the only christian metal fans???

benjikong said:
I love Opeth!!! I even like Dimmu Borgir, CoB, CoF,and Old man's child. I like virtually all kinds of Metal, but i'm a member of the christian faith. I love metal music, and as long as your not killing people, or burning churches (two reasons I didn't add emperor to my list), I respect your beliefs. Are me and my friends the only ones who like christian metal, and non-christian metal???? Are we the only christian metal fans???

:lol: omg.....restraint

yeah, I'm a Christian :)

What does being a Christian mean, really? What makes someone a "true Christian"?

I don't mean to be offending in any way. I'm just curious of Christians' views about Christianity itself. I used to be part of the church, but I don't think I ever truly believed in God.

Anyway, I don't think anyone should let religion or peer pressure (of any kind) affect one's musical tastes. Musical taste is like faith: personal. It's no one else's business. Religion is just that: religion. It's not life itself.

Reactions: Mosh Kosh
Well, I have very different views than most Christians. I say I don't think i'm God, and I truly mean it. I'm not judgemental. I just have a genuine belief and trust in God. I also love Metal! Thank you, Orchid for understanding, that musical taste is just what it says!

Beth said:
errr I don't think there was supposed to be a joke, but......hehe

Ahem. *cough*

He wrote: "I even like Dimmu Borgir, CoB, CoF,and Old man's child. I like virtually all kinds of Metal, but i'm a member of the christian faith. I love metal music, and as long as your not killing people, or burning churches (two reasons I didn't add emperor to my list)"

See my point?
Have you ever read any of the aforementioned bands' lyrics? Excluding Emperor, bwhahaha.

Brilliant. :)

Orchid said:
Ahem. *cough*

He wrote: "I even like Dimmu Borgir, CoB, CoF,and Old man's child. I like virtually all kinds of Metal, but i'm a member of the christian faith. I love metal music, and as long as your not killing people, or burning churches (two reasons I didn't add emperor to my list)"

See my point?
Have you ever read any of the aforementioned bands' lyrics? Excluding Emperor, bwhahaha.

Brilliant. :)

nah, I don't like black metal....but my point is that I honestly don't think that....ehh, nevermind :lol:

It's cool that you let music be preference and religion be faith. I don't see why people can't just leave everything alone and not mix stuff together. We spend so much time trying to be righteous and correct that we forget to have any pleasure.

Sorry to come off as a Rumi wannabe but that's how it is. Congrats to you guys. :)

Ok, I'm going to quote Dimmu Borgir now:

The heavenly father is stretching his hand
Pathetically begging for mercy
We spit and piss on his sacred flesh
As we breathe in the breath of the unholy

So...

Basically...

If you think you are a christian, and you listen to that band, you are going to Hell by the tenants of your own faith. It specifically mentions in the Bible, the word of your God, that in all things you must praise god. So, all the music you listen to must praise god, and Dimmu Borgir blasphemes god. You are not a christian, but are instead mislead. I'll see you in Hell.

just because you listen to a bands music doesnt mean you cant be christian.

are you suggesting that whenever someone says anything anti religous you should block your ears and run away because if u hear it then ur suddenly betraying god.

my point that im trying to make is that there should be a seperation between listening to music and actively agreeing with the lyrical content.

LuminousAether said:
If you think you are a christian, and you listen to that band, you are going to Hell by the tenants of your own faith. It specifically mentions in the Bible, the word of your God, that in all things you must praise God.

Aye, a very good point. (to me it's little surprise that this thread is slowly turning into a debate over religious views)

Bible insists that you (the follower) always do the right thing. By always doing the right thing you earn a place in heaven. But to be certain of salvation is a sin, according to the Bible. So you'll feel desperate. But to despair is a sin, too, according to the Bible. Wonderful.

I'll see you all in Hell, for there's no escape! Thinking is of Satan! AAAAAAAAAAGGHHH! I luv it.

The Evil Toucan said:
Completely untrue.

I apologize for my ignorance. Like I said earlier, I've never been a devoted Christian. I'm sorry.

a place in Heaven; it is instead given to man by the grace of God

Given? Automagically? All you have to do is to let Jesus Christ the Saviour into your heart?