Opeth turn you off to any genres?

Before Opeth Korn, Disturbed and Stonesour were 'metal' to me....now i cant even find someone to sell my old cds to...all i asked was for the price of a cheeseburger - and i was rejected.

Opeth have often meant that many metal bands i just can't get into...my god, far too many bands out there need to learn to sing...

On the plus side though Ive recently discovered Ayreon (as well as Dream Theater, Katatonia and more thanks to Opeth and people who like Opeth), which I cannot stop listening to. Into The Electric Castle is a true classic (as is the Human Equation, but i prefer Castle)....and im counting the days till my Star One - Live From Earth (cd & dvd) set arrives

Yes, maybe some of us are about to get flamed like shit.
I used to listen lots of stuff, power, grind even nu metal, also I went to see Korn (here comes Deliverance's flames...)
I don't fucking care about some of them now (but I still think Deftones are great) since I started to listen 'good' bands several years ago, I have their records still and I'm not ashamed for that. So face it.

Opeth got me into Extreme metal and generally more proggressive(how te fuck do u spell dis) music

Moonlapse said:
For a while, yes. Opeth was pretty much all I could listen to at one point. After a while I got my head out of my ass and realized that Opeth doesn't invalidate any metal that's out there. They simply appealed to me in a way at the time that no other band could, hence why I only listened to them. But at this point, no, they haven't turned me off any genres at all. I've gone back to listening to pretty much everything I had listened to before I had found out about Opeth.
+
Demilich said:
My favourite bands before Opeth were Tool and... Black Sabbath?

Now I listen to a shitload of metal, of all kinds! (even power metal :p)

Both these posts sum up my reply.

DragonForce got me into metal in the autumn of 2002. The summer of 2003 got me into Freedom Call, and by early fall I found Iced Earth and Blind Guardian. I first observed Opeth early 2004 ,,, thank god for Mike otherwise i wouldnt be listening to Camel :(