Any Christian Opeth fans????

Uh, don't know what I should say to that. Everyone has the right to say their opinion. Besides, I don't think Christians should force other people to believe their beliefs.

But I will say this: Just because I believe in something that cannot be seen or doesn't seem to exist at all doesn't mean I'm an idiot. It's just something I believe in. That's it.

Hellvomits said:
Christ is long Dead. This is Satan's world. give up on your fucking messiah. he won't be coming back to save you.

Hail Satan

Satan is a pussy. I've kicked his ass many times.

benjikong said:
I love Opeth!!! I even like Dimmu Borgir, CoB, CoF,and Old man's child. I like virtually all kinds of Metal, but i'm a member of the christian faith. I love metal music, and as long as your not killing people, or burning churches (two reasons I didn't add emperor to my list), I respect your beliefs. Are me and my friends the only ones who like christian metal, and non-christian metal???? Are we the only christian metal fans???

I don't listen to bands thinking about what buildings they have burned or how much goats blood they have consumed so I can't give you an answer.

Emperor are kings...... don't judge some of the old members on what they did . the music is great.

Damn xtianity for aiding in the growth of greed, power, and money. And for also fucking up the education system. All metal did wrong was damage a few ears and some churches that were old enough to fall in on your brainwashed heads anyway.

well shit, im a christian too, and probably 70% of the music i listen to has satanic/anti - religious messages. (lol, funny thing, im listening to lacuna coil's "heaven is a lie" right now). but that doesnt mean i take it all in and practice what they say, i just fuckin dig the music. and for everyone who keeps slamming religion, i just dont understand whats wrong with believing you can live in eternal happiness...it sounds like a better deal than eternal burning, or even just not existing anymore (depending on what you believe). trust me, im not preaching or anything, just asking for a little more acceptance

Reactions: Blood and Fat
Alteredmindeath said:
Keep warping your soul with hateful black metal Hippochristian in time you will suffer

"I want your christian soul to crumble"
-Shagrath

A christian can listen to black metal if musically this music is good for him without becoming an atheist or a satanist or a damned. In the Gospel you can read that ALL is pure for who is itself pure. The impurity doesn't come from outside the man (for example from the music you listen to), but from inside, from the man's heart. So when you have a pure heart, black metal can't have a negative effect on you. The authentic christian and believer doesn't have fear of the evil because Christ is risen and has already the victory upon evil. Sorry for being so long.
Do you want to listen to clever and original BM lyrics? Buy the very beautiful album of the austrian band Dornenreich called "Her von welken Nächten", it changes a lot from "Hail Satan, kill the christians and all these weakly lyrics that you can heard a thousand of times in BM bands.
:)

i agree that listening to black metal may not be harmful to the everyday christian. but considering that we are responsible for every word we utter, you may want to reconsider whether you really want to be singing along.

Catholicism is the most idiotic, worthless, oppressive and downright stupid strain of Christianity in Europe. I should know, I come from what was once known as 'the most Catholic country in the world' *shudders*

Opet said:
Ian's got it. ;)

Anarkissed-
"I chose my beliefs because i know my soul will go somewhere when i die."

Because you read it in the Bible? That's proof? The bible could be seen as a fictitious tale that billions of people happened to take seriously for thousands of years...and counting!

No, i believe that because i don't see what other paths there are. I am self aware, and i believe that it will continue after my body has died. I do no blieve that i will simply cease to exist, not do i believe that i will be subject to suffering.

Show me your proof that the entire bible is a fictitious tale. And keep in mind what i posted before about taking the bible stories literally.

I don't know why i'm bothering to post here. There wont be any winners, there are always arguments for arguments in this kind of topic.