Kill Dimmu Borgir

I think everyone knows how I feel about Cradle Of Filth, DB is another thing tho, I can't really say have heard enough of them (read: heard one song) to dis them, but I still wouldn't go as far as to buy them, I think I can spend my money better.

It seems pretty obvious to me that most people who really dislike Dimmu Borgir simply don't like the image they've got.

Not one of you people have said that you hate the vocals, or the drumming is poor, or the atmosphere isn't strong enough. You've just stated that they're 'manufactured' and 'in it for the money'.

Do you like bands for their music? Or for their fiscal integrity?

Or is it, because they're black metal they have to conform to the crappy production that Darkthrone (who I enjoy by the way) are so fond of.....

I love Mayhem, Darkthrone, Thorns, Emperor, and Dimmu and Cradle etc...

It's all just music.

So what if you didn't get your interview.... boofuckinghoo. So what if they get 12,500 for playing that gig? That doesn't impact on the quality of their music.

@requiem
Let me: I don't like the over-kill keyboards!! Keys are welcome,
just not like that. And I think they get boring rapidly! A couple of
songs is enough. There's something missing that I really can't put my finger on... an edge of some kind. That's as far as I'm
willing to use my time on 'analyzing' their music.
I have 2 records, but I seldom listen to them.

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
I cant understand how you can all look through that damn gloss that is dimmu borgir. They are the most obviously blatant manufactured band. And the worst part is that they are in the black metal scene. Come on, they even confess to being a career band. And how can anyone call them original?! They are conformists to the worst degree, just look at em. What, does someone here like "dark funeral" too?!

Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah, the were soooooooo manufactured on For All Tid and even Stormblast... woohoo, bring in the money!

EVERY FRICKIN BAND WHO WANTS TO SELL CDs AND GO ON TOUR WANTS TO BE A CAREER BAND. "hmmm, I can play music and make money, or I can play this same music and work at Jiffy Lube to pay the bills. Decisions, decisions..."

Dimmu Borgir is huge because Nuclear Blast had a phenomenal promotional year 1997. End of discussion.

(Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Glory to the Brave, anyone?)

nyarlathotep your arrogant as hell, and not as special as you think. We all know people are ignorant to a degree, even you are ignorant in some way! So fucking what if he dosn't know something about a band or whatever, does it fucking matter? And, people have musical tastes; I like Dimmu Borgir, not Cradle of Filth (I do like Dusk though) and I don't like Darkthrone, so am I a poser now? Give people a break, your the one who showed him Cradle of Filth what does that make you? A previous glammy, capitalist poser turned hardcore true metalhead?