Opinions on the Immortal setlist?

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
I was gonna post this the other day when I saw it, but totally forgot about it. Immortal setlist from their first show after reuniting:

1. Withstand The Fall Of Time
2. Solarfall
3. Sons of Northern Darkness
4. Tyrants
5. Mountains Of Might
6. One By One
7. Wrath From Above
8. Unholy Forces Of Evil
9. Unsilent Storms In The North Abyss
10. The Sun No Longer Rises
11. Battles In The North
12. Blashyrkh

So thats...

1 Diabolical
2 Pure
2 Battles
1 Blizzard
2 Heart
1 Damned
3 Sons

I may have fucked up the count...

Apparently they said they may change some stuff based on audience reaction, though not too drastic. Personally, I was kinda hoping for one of the SOD tracks to be Beyond The North Waves, preferably the opener for the show. I feel that would be a strong opener. Tyrants should be rid of on the set, its one of their weakest tracks from their discography, in my opinion. And if they're gonna bother with anything from Damned In Black, make it the title track. And you'd expect Call of The Wintermoon to be the Diabolical track, dammit! Oh well, I'll still be at the LA show.

Dude, No more SOD shit. If I hear more than 2 SOD songs I'm gonna walk out of the venue.

That was a festival setlist, so I'm sure for the 2 US shows they'll add 2 or 3 more songs.

Edited.

I'm gunna get so much shit for this but i'd actually like to hear more stuff off of SOND and ATHOW than the really old albums Diabolical and Pure Holocaust.

Damn you people. The fangirl love for Post Blizzard Beasts material is going to ruin my first Immortal show.

I will not allow this sacrilege to occur!

I think Beyond The North Waves should be added as the last encore. It's a very climactic song.
Cool to see Sun No Longer Rises. I love that song.

I couldn't stand Blizzard Beasts except for Mountains Of Might, so I'm glad to see that's the only song from that album they played.

But does anyone else think Tyrants is a pretty boring song?

Well, I didn't pay attention to everything you wrote
But it's not the weakest from their discography. All the songs on Blizzard Beasts, excluding Mountains Of Might, were way worse.