Opinions on the new Symphony X CD...

Excellent release by Symphony X. I consider it to be heavier and more progressive than their previous albums, which were a little bit more power metal than prog (although the balance of power and prog does vary considerably between their previous albums). My favorite track has to be, hands down, The Odyssey.

In my opinion this one is their best. As always a very good long track where they lay their abilitties to take over. The lyrics are powerfull and their style aggressive. My best friend even liked it, he usually doesn't like prog rock because of the singing styles.
There's a good balance between power and progressive, well it is a metal album as the cd states on the back, file Under Progressive Metal.
My favorite song is Inferno..
So far the best albums of 2002(my opinion)are Odyssey and Spock's Beard "Snow".
Tom

It kick's a lot of ass :headbang: it's tied with Nile-In Their Darkened Shrines for best release in 2002 (IMO).

favorite tracks:
The Odyssey
Awakenings
Inferno
King Of Terrors

The Odyssey's title track is unbelievable, my favorite Symphony X epic of them all...yet another superb album from russell and company. Accolade II and awakenings are masterful as well, and they added considerably more heaviness without sacrificing their melodic or progressive instincts...

I really love that album, it's without any doubt their heaviest yet, after DWOT IMO. I love each and every song of this album, my favorite being Inferno, The Accolade II, King of Terrors and The Odyssey.