Opinions on Various Guitar brands...

I had a Jackson Warrior I taught myself on, now I use an Ibanez RG 1527 7-string prestige as my main guitar, I love the damn thing.

I just recently got a used Caparison Apple Horn (Aurora), and once I get some little things fixed on it, this guitar will be god. Awesome neck, decent pickups, and very comfortable to play. Guitar sounds awseome, I paid less than $1000USD for it. It is in "player" condition, but not hacked. I'm thinking this guitar may make my Ibanez's collect dust. I've got 4 other RGs, all in different pickup configurations, and ALL of them are wonderful instruments.
Unless you're looking for a neck through, I see no need to visit the prestige line, to be honest. As for trems, I really don't care for the newer Ibanez Edge Pro. There are some issues with the saddles not being pressed in straight, and I'm quite fond of not fixing something that isn't broken. NOTHING beats the original Edge & Lo-Pro trems, IMO. Caparison's come with Schaller trems, and are pretty much like your typical Floyd Rose trem. They seem to be rock solid, although I prefer the pop in Ibanez bars versus something that has to bolted down.

J-Dubya

hmmm, the only thing holding me back from the Caparisons, Ibanez and Jackson are the price tag. I reckon I'm gonna get the LAG Arkane cos it has the Floyd Rose trem thingo and Dimarzio p/u's and is a very reasonable price. If it turns out not the greatest, then I haven't spent too much, but if it's awesome it will be a find and a half! I'll let ya all know what it's like when I get it...

I just recently got a used Caparison Apple Horn (Aurora), and once I get some little things fixed on it, this guitar will be god. Awesome neck, decent pickups, and very comfortable to play. Guitar sounds awseome, I paid less than $1000USD for it. It is in "player" condition, but not hacked. I'm thinking this guitar may make my Ibanez's collect dust. I've got 4 other RGs, all in different pickup configurations, and ALL of them are wonderful instruments.
Unless you're looking for a neck through, I see no need to visit the prestige line, to be honest. As for trems, I really don't care for the newer Ibanez Edge Pro. There are some issues with the saddles not being pressed in straight, and I'm quite fond of not fixing something that isn't broken. NOTHING beats the original Edge & Lo-Pro trems, IMO. Caparison's come with Schaller trems, and are pretty much like your typical Floyd Rose trem. They seem to be rock solid, although I prefer the pop in Ibanez bars versus something that has to bolted down.

J-Dubya
How the fuck did you get an Applehorn for less than $1000?

And you're right about the original Edge Pro n Lo-Pro. I have a LO-Pro in my 7 string and I wanna get one of ebay or every single guitar I own. I'd even rout my flying v for a Lo-Pro, i it didn't cost an ass load o money.

I myself prefer hardtails. I have an Ibanez RG-220B with an OFR that I never use (I just keep it in hardtail mode on the tremol-no). I am hoping to upgrade to an RGA121. But I suggest Ibanez, they have really good quality guitars for not much $.

i never understood the big stink about Caparison. They aren't that well made, to be honest, and certainly overpriced. I guess it's the name, like Gibson and Fender are about the name. lots of hype, but I prefer other builders.

Too true, too true... I think there's only one shop in the WHOLE of Oceana, which isn't too far from where I live, but it still doesn't give a whole lot of options... I reckon I'll go with the LAG, everything I've read about them has been positive, but I'll definately check out the Caparisons if I get the chance... I've looked into ESP and Jackson, but everything I've heard is that u need one of the absolute top-line ones for it to be decent, and even the top ones aren't that awesome...

I must disagree with that statement. My guitar "Jackson RR1 USA" is the best guitar on the planet hands down (for me of course) If you like shaped guitars, I got it from a friend at a great price, 1799 new with a case. it is the best tone wise, weight wise, The necks (neck through) are awesome (bound ebony with mother of pearl inlays) they play ultra fast with some beef to them. If you don't like the shapes I would suggest a Soloist USA, as they are amazing as well. Different pickups, but same necks and wood as the V I mentioned before.