Orchestral metal.. Yes or no?

Profanum, people. Profanum. Surprised they haven't been mentioned.

Profanum Aeternum - Eminence Of Satanic Imperial Art
Musaeum Esotericum

Two great classical albums with black metal vocals.

For the blending of guitars and classical elements, get their Flowers Of Our Black Misanthropy album.

I just ordered some of that shit. Thanks for the recs.

Musaeum Esotericum

For the blending of guitars and classical elements, get their Flowers Of Our Black Misanthropy album.

You have my attention. I have a feeling this may be right up my alley based on your words. Any idea where I can sample some of their music just to be sure? Thanks.

Arcturus used a string section nicely on La Masquerade Infernale. I also really liked Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design.

I like the sound of sting instruments, woodwinds, brass, and so on. I'm all for using more instruments in metal. I'd like to hear more flutes and mandolins in particular.

Depending how it's approached it's quite awesome!! Nightwish did a GREAT job on this on "ONCE". Dimmu also as one poster stated. ManOwar is pretty damn good at it as well. Blind Guardian would be GREAT at it..then there's the prog metal bands like Shadow Gallery. Where do they fit in?

Maiden has been dabbling a little in it.

Musaeum Esotericum

I actually had those albums on my to hear list. Sounds definitely intriguing. Thanks for bringing them into the spotlight again.

Depending how it's approached it's quite awesome!! Nightwish did a GREAT job on this on "ONCE". Dimmu also as one poster stated. ManOwar is pretty damn good at it as well. Blind Guardian would be GREAT at it..then there's the prog metal bands like Shadow Gallery. Where do they fit in?

Maiden has been dabbling a little in it.

Dimmu Borgir clearly have no clue how to utilize an orchestra. After they went to strings, they started sucking more than I ever would've imagined when I first heard them.

For the 3 interested in Profanum, not much to sample. I don't visit those file sharing shit websites.

http://www.paganrecords.com.pl/mp3/mundi.mp3
http://www.paganrecords.com.pl/mp3/into.mp3

:headbang: Oh fuck almighty dude, thanks alot...SHIT that's some impressive music! I can't decide which of the two samples I preferred (the second one starts up from HELL!) The first one is more beautifully orchestrated.

Anyway, I googled these guys...looks like I found a place where I can purchase the album. Hell yeah.