Orlando SOTU Report

FRUGiHOYi

"Since 1981"
Jul 11, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well I said I wasn't going since Opeth was only playing three songs and they were the only band I really cared about; most of the others suck. But this afternoon, out of nowhere a friend asked if I wanted to go because he had an extra ticket. So I went to SOTU for free.

I wasn't there for all the bands and I only watched a couple of them... of course Opeth was one! After Unearth played, I got up from my seat and started heading to the stage because I thought Opeth was next. I saw this dude walking with a binder that had a picture of Still Life on it. So I asked if he knew when Opeth was going on and he told me there was one more band before them. Then he told me about the binder; it was a report he did for a school project. I faintly remembered reading someone saying something about that on here. But I didn't say anything. Later on, as I waited for Opeth I heard him say something about being on the Opeth board. SO... that guy is probably reading this right now. Hi!

I was right up front and the crowd seemed really stoked before Opeth came on. In fact, people seemed to be A LOT more excited for Opeth than any of the other bands I saw, including the ones that went after them. There were two separate Opeth chants. I don't understand why they won't let them play later on with a longer set. Anyway, the setlist was: The Drapery Falls, The Grand Conjuration, and Demon of the Fall. The sound was pretty bad. The drums were way too loud and I could BARELY hear Mike's solos. Lopez wasn't there again. But it was still cool, and of course it was worth it because I didn't even pay. Mikael said they will be back in the Fall. I can't wait.

Damn, no Lopez again? WTF? I hope he's ok! Gene rules though (assuming)!

FRUGiHOYi said:
Well I said I wasn't going since Opeth was only playing three songs and they were the only band I really cared about; most of the others suck. But this afternoon, out of nowhere a friend asked if I wanted to go because he had an extra ticket. So I went to SOTU for free.

I wasn't there for all the bands and I only watched a couple of them... of course Opeth was one! After Unearth played, I got up from my seat and started heading to the stage because I thought Opeth was next. I saw this dude walking with a binder that had a picture of Still Life on it. So I asked if he knew when Opeth was going on and he told me there was one more band before them. Then he told me about the binder; it was a report he did for a school project. I faintly remembered reading someone saying something about that on here. But I didn't say anything. Later on, as I waited for Opeth I heard him say something about being on the Opeth board. SO... that guy is probably reading this right now. Hi!

I was right up front and the crowd seemed really stoked before Opeth came on. In fact, people seemed to be A LOT more excited for Opeth than any of the other bands I saw, including the ones that went after them. There were two separate Opeth chants. I don't understand why they won't let them play later on with a longer set. Anyway, the setlist was: The Drapery Falls, The Grand Conjuration, and Demon of the Fall. The sound was pretty bad. The drums were way too loud and I could BARELY hear Mike's solos. Lopez wasn't there again. But it was still cool, and of course it was worth it because I didn't even pay. Mikael said they will be back in the Fall. I can't wait.

I started the first Opeth chant...right when Chimaria (sp?) walked off stage.:Spin:

Damn, the Gwart show was crazy. I must say it was fun. It was my first Gwar experience.

I don't know about a Still Life binder, but I was wearing a Still Life shirt.

I was there from the beginning, and sat through alot of shitty bands. I lost my cell phone, didn't get to meet the boys from Opeth, and ran into traffic on the way home.

But I got to see Opeth (and Bush get decapitated) so I'm happy. I strill have Gwar blood on my hands.

I was too late for Gwar. I think you were like right in front and to the right of me. Maybe that was you who said you were on the board. Do you have longish blonde hair?

FRUGiHOYi said:
I was too late for Gwar. I think you were like right in front and to the right of me. Maybe that was you who said you were on the board. Do you have longish blonde hair?

Yeah, that was me. I tend to make an ass of myself at concerts though. But it's all fun.

"And you're going to buy the album, right?"

Great quote.

mysweetdeath said:
Yeah, that was me. I tend to make an ass of myself at concerts though. But it's all fun.

"And you're going to buy the album, right?"

Great quote.
Yeah, the other guy had longish blonde hair too. I think it was longer than yours. I'm bad at remembering people. I don't pay attention to people's faces and I don't pay attention when people tell me their names :tickled:

FRUGiHOYi said:
Yeah, the other guy had longish blonde hair too. I think it was longer than yours. I'm bad at remembering people. I don't pay attention to people's faces and I don't pay attention when people tell me their names :tickled:

Yeah.
Was it just me or were there ALOT of BWP shirts around? Seems like everywhere I went there was someone wearing one.

And yeah, there were way too many emo fags.
Especially when Norma Jean came on. ::shudder:: :erk:

I was the guy wearing green pants, black Billabong shirt, and Opeth bandanna. Well, I took my bandanna off for Opeth. I only took it off for Opeth, the other bands were not worthy :D

Damn mbarys, if you keep up this reverse quoting I'm gonna murder both your damn kids.

I didn't quite understand part of the thread. Did Mikael say something against downloading at the show?

mysweetdeath said:
Yeah.
Was it just me or were there ALOT of BWP shirts around? Seems like everywhere I went there was someone wearing one.

And yeah, there were way too many emo fags.
Especially when Norma Jean came on. ::shudder:: :erk:

Norma Jean = one of the shittiest bands I've heard in a while.

Although I was too big of a pussy to tell them that when I met them :erk: