Orlando SOTU Report

Does anybody know for sure? Because I want to know if he called me a "F***ING DOWNLOADER!" in an angry way, or said it in a joking way.

Oinkness said:
Does anybody know for sure? Because I want to know if he called me a "F***ING DOWNLOADER!" in an angry way, or said it in a joking way.

maybe he introduced "Demon of the Fall" ? and you heard obviously "F0-KING DOWN-LOAD-ERRRRLLL!!!" ... becouse you feel guitly or smth... :erk:

It was a joking way, even if he did use a variation of the word fuck. I'm sure of it. But then again, I just thought about this. Mikael is always smiling and most of what he says are jokes.

FRUGiHOYi said:
It was a joking way, even if he did use a variation of the word fuck. I'm sure of it. But then again, I just thought about this. Mikael is always smiling and most of what he says are jokes.

In Chicago Mikael told everyone to shut the fuck up and it seemed like all the fuckheads who weren't familiar with Opeth didn't know what to think. The crowd went silent for a second. I think I was one of the few people laughing, untill everyone realized he was fucking around.

either in a live video or one of the times i saw opeth, akerfeldt told the crowd to name the encore song on the count of 3. of course everyone was premature, and mike goes "we'll keep doing this fuckin thing, until you guys get it" :lol:
he also tells everyone he wants to see them go nuts for it (dotf) as well. good times.

Haha. I wouldnt react as relaxed as you. even though the kid is probably less storng than your daughter, I would frickin try to find his location and skull**** his mom before he dies ichi the killer style .

ZeDzEdZeD said:
well, where's boot of this show?

I said I was going to, but I didn't.

1.) Sound quality was shit on my digital camera.
2.) With all the shit flying around on the board about boots/dowloads, I decided not to.

But I did get some nice pics. I'll upload them later.

That was my first show of Opeth and man was it freaking awesome. I cant wait till this fall to go see them again without all the hardcore kiddies around.

Its to bad we couldnt get back stage to get that skull signed, i was going to see if they would sign that water bottle too haha.

Oinkness said:

I think he was joking. I also thought he was referring to playing the new song (Grand Conjuration) off of the new album because of the fucking downloaders. He said it in a very sarcastic tone.

I found it funny when after The Drapery Falls ended they were still fixing Martin's bass amp and Mikael had nothing to do but talk to the crowd, so he says we are Opeth from Stokholm, Sweden and we are going to do a cover of Silence. :lol:

I can't wait for them to play indoors again in a normal setting. And more songs! Is it just me or did Mikaels screams sound kinda bad, like the high end of it was just lost in the mix? I've seen them twice before and his screams were unbelievable, but not last night.

I can't wait to see them again in the Fall, with a full set. But unlike you, I wish we could see them outdoors again. I love outdoors concerts. I thought his screams were good, but the mix was bad.

Svif said:
That was my first show of Opeth and man was it freaking awesome. I cant wait till this fall to go see them again without all the hardcore kiddies around.

Its to bad we couldnt get back stage to get that skull signed, i was going to see if they would sign that water bottle too haha.

Haha, yeah. I just settled with All That Remains sig. But I may just sand it off and wait for Opeth to come back around and THEN have them sign it.

And that water was the best water I've ever had.