Orphaned Land - recording ORwarriOR, a diary from the studio

Yannick! so good to see you here my friend!! miss you both sooo much! :)
Yeah I know we have not been so available the past months but new country, new job, new painted house and stuff is eating time :)
I remember the first listening sessions of ORwarrior back in... 2005 or 2006? Damn time passes by and i can't remember... And I guess it has changed a lot since then!
We are waiting for you all here, and בעזרת השם we will come for a visit before the end of the year!

Hear your Orphaned Child!

Hi Everyone, here are some views from yesturday's session!

2009417_1246124452_&

2009417_12463216253_&

Oh, Shlomit the Voice of Goddess is performing barefeet. Nice - that must be one of the ancient Yemeni secrets of richness of voice sound ;)
I think I would love to hear MORE MORE MORE of her vocals on ORwarriOR,,, if I did not know her solo album is coming and will even feature her solo rendition of Sapari.

Mm, this Santur looks totally like old Greek/Slavic "gusli":
gusli4.jpg

or like Finnish kantele:
0108.jpg

hey everyone - finally!
I started my vocals recordings today and it went great! I still have a lot to record but it's great to put some lyrics on this ORwarriOR's tunes.
Updates and photos soon.
Kobi

hey everyone - finally!
I started my vocals recordings today and it went great! I still have a lot to record but it's great to put some lyrics on this ORwarriOR's tunes.
Updates and photos soon.
Kobi
It means that lyrics are all written, finally? ;)
שבת שלום

I think I can clearly hear Yossi's voice on all albums - both as backing vocals and in choirs (e.g. El Meod Na'Ala, Thee By The Father I Pray etc. etc.) and as leading vocals in some parts, incl. melancholic clean Paradise Lost like and electronially distorted fragments here and there. I think Yossi's singing is also rich and with this special Middle Eastern zest as Kobi's, only higher.

Great pics Kobi! I'm trying to read the lyrics on that page but it's not possible, I have to wait I guess!

By the way, I've heard that you'd record Estarabim for this album? Is there any truth to that rumour?

Yossi is doing backing vocals with me for Choirs elements since El Norra Alila, our voice is similar in many ways and of course Yossi is multi talented :)

I can say that almost 40% of my vocals is recorded, mainly clean vocals, oriental chants and readings. still have a lot ahead of me and growlings at the end !

As for Estarabim, indeed we are recording it, not sure where it'll be included as the album is very very long (around 78 minutes) and there is no space for a bonous track, but don't worry, I guess you'll get to hear it :))

Oh can't wait for the new album . And Kobi , whom of international musicians you could invite as guests to this project? ...