ORPHANED LAND - The new concept

paradoxile said:
Мы все здесь Советские:wave:

Это неправда Илан :Smug:

we aren't russian here but international!

Geri said:
Это неправда Илан :Smug:

we aren't russian here but international!

I was actually talking about the Israeli guys in this forum
and yes we are international and you're Bulgarian

What the o_O everyone speaking Russian all of a sudden- or something weird has been slipped into my tea.
Wonderful to see how well the concept of this international OL brother and sisterhood is working.
Could you post a translation with the post you are making in Russian- or any language that the rest of the visitors do not master?

This is what I thought of when I heard about the ORWarriOR concept, a poem by Dylan Thomas that is about a mans' personal struggle with life (light) and death (night). I think that this poem has some really good metafors working with the concept of light.

Do not go gentle into that good night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

Morticia NL. said:
What the o_O everyone speaking Russian all of a sudden- or something weird has been slipped into my tea.
Wonderful to see how well the concept of this international OL brother and sisterhood is working.

Its probably your tea :)
I'm just surprised to see certain awarness of OL within russian speaking population OUTSIDE Israel. But then again, I guess I shouldn't... The guys are all over the globe... :)

a great concept indeed ,
i didnt have the time to read all the members replies , but am sure they r exciting and all of us are waiting to hear more ,
i think we met the light and darkness in" norra a lila" = day and night ( hebrew or arabic translation ) , ...talkin bout prana could be intresting : the essence of life ,the eternal light ....and the new album should expose the spiritual side of orphaned land more than before ( a band unifying the religions ) ,as i created my own seasons unit concept <---MY AVATARE inspired from the song ( hope u dont mind guys :oops: ) ,,,,with the preservation of the oriental influence ..

it might seams that am talkin gibbirish but good luck guys :headbang:

maintenant vous saviez :D ,un francophone depuis 20 ans ,et j te remerci pour nous presenter la poem ,YOU ROCK ( pas d translation pour cette phrase :loco: )

In one of the Matrix movies,the french guy(merovigian or something) said: "I sampled all human languages and chose french...it's the ideal language for cursing...(releases a bunch of juicy french curses)...it's like wiping your ass with silk"

The new concept sounds great! I'm very excited to see/hear what developes!

And in terms of the Dylan Thomas poem, do a google search and try to track-down his reading of it. It's one of the most amazing poetry readings I've heard in my life.