OT: Loomis/Broderick Shredding Duel

Andy Sneap said:
foot rests....thats what monitors are for...

Actually it appears Mr Petrucci does indeed favour a good old fashioned monitor over his fancy foot rests (the shiny thing to the right) given the choice :lol:

Petrucci.jpg

Petrucci says he uses that foot rest just for playing leads (budokan dvd), it helps him to have his guitar higher so he's tighter.
Cool thing is that he wear his guitar high, if he raises a little bit more his guitar with that foot rest he really choke on that guitar.
Next he will play like hendrix when he took his guitar on his shoulder ahahahha

zakk wylde has become the footrest king, also trademarking the "hold my guitar upright on my leg" stance

i remember the old ozzy videos where he was nailing those same solos while rocking out like crazy

age i guess

Rich - Rannoch said:
Actually it appears Mr Petrucci does indeed favour a good old fashioned monitor over his fancy foot rests (the shiny thing to the right) given the choice :lol:

Petrucci.jpg

Of cousrse, polished steel looks cool, but you can't hear yourself wanking through it, can you?

Fuckin Petrucci has New Rocks? I now feel like selling mine, if I hadnt bought them for wearing while motorcycling anyways... ugh.

SickBoy said:
I suppose it's all up to one's anatomy...
For example, Vai, Friedman and Gilbert all hold their guitars very low

Friedman? Maybe now, but back in the day I worried about him getting deodorant stains on those Jackson Kellys, he wore 'em so high. The man used to palm mute with his forearm fer crissakes.

And he may not sling his guitars high anymore, but there's definitely some elevation going on. Check out those platform shoes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjbaaKOwJ9A

Friedman's a great player, but the most awkward picking technique...EVER...have you tried to play that way? Freakin' weird, man!

And he needs those platforms...he's only about 3 1/2 feet tall!

Nice guy, though...

SteelRat said:
Friedman's a great player, but the most awkward picking technique...EVER...have you tried to play that way? Freakin' weird, man!

And he needs those platforms...he's only about 3 1/2 feet tall!

Nice guy, though...

No shit! If you just watched his picking hand, you would think he wouldn't be able to play like that at all. It's just......wierd.
But Friedman is of course the man, and one of my favorite players.

I have a Petrucci and ill tell you this.

Other than the ungly ass headstock the guitar just SLAYS !!

Like Petrucci I was an Ibanez man for a long time (Jem's, 80's RG's, & USA Customs)

The Ibanez guitars were great but the simple fact that the "UBER THIN" neck has fucked up my hand beyond all recognition, is unforgivable.

So i decied to check out the UGLY AS FUCK EBMM and It was love at 1st pluck.

And for the record i hold my guitar just as high as Chris.