OT: Loomis/Broderick Shredding Duel

Metalhead28 said:
No shit! If you just watched his picking hand, you would think he wouldn't be able to play like that at all. It's just......wierd.

This may sound queer, but you know what Marty's pick stroke reminds me of?

Knitting.

Seriously, keep an eye on your gram or auntie the next time they go at it. Same sort of upward scooping rotation.

SteelRat said:
Friedman's a great player, but the most awkward picking technique...EVER...have you tried to play that way? Freakin' weird, man!

And he needs those platforms...he's only about 3 1/2 feet tall!

Nice guy, though...

I remember reading an interview with him where he adfmits he can't do certain techniques, like pinch harmonics and tapping, due to how he holds his pick.

Hey guitarguru777, what do you mean that the "uber thin" neck fucked up your hand?

iekobrid said:
This may sound queer, but you know what Marty's pick stroke reminds me of?

Knitting.

Seriously, keep an eye on your gram or auntie the next time they go at it. Same sort of upward scooping rotation.
:lol: :lol:

foot rests....thats what monitors are for, guys get with the program, guitar=penis extension, they should be worn low, no excuse, I'd rather see someone mess up a bit and throw a good shape. Damn! we'll be playing on bar stools next....

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:
Yeah big penis rules!

I was perusing old threads searching for stuff about Jeff Loomis, and I had to bump this one simply because these two quotes had my absolutely dying :lol::lol::lol: Well said Mauri :heh: