OT/One CD!

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
OK, here it is!

The ultimate question.

If you could only have one CD to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Think people, think!

After serious contemplation----and many Blatz----for me, I would have to say it would be the Doors self-titled 1st album.

That disc hold nothing but greatness (for me); so many good memories. Great lyrics, and awesome, eerie; a musical masterpiece.

What would you pick?

Think about it.

If I had to pick an Anthrax album, it would be "Sound".

Cheers and Blatz to all!:puke: :puke: :puke:

It would either be Death Symbolic, just because it is pure genius and a masteroiece, or Cynic Focus, just because it is pure genius and a masterpiece.

well that is a tough one dude,i would have my fave 150 songs on a data cd that i could play on my computer which my stereo is connected up to hehehehehe!!!

the cd would include anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax

TD!

I am worried about you my friend! KISS???

Oh well!

A man of your stature & gumption?

I thought for sure it would be SOWN!

Anyways, gotta harass you a bit! As long as you drink Blatz, you're OK!!!

Happy 4th!!!!!

KISS ALIVE! May well be the greatest live album of all time

Alive! was the album that catapulted Kiss from cult attraction to mega-superstars. It was their first Top Ten album, remaining on the charts for 110 weeks and eventually going quadruple platinum. Culled from shows in Detroit, New Jersey, Iowa, and Cleveland on the Dressed to Kill tour, producer Eddie Kramer did a masterful job of capturing the band's live performance on record. The band's youthful energy is contagious, and with positively electric versions of their best early material, it's no mystery why Alive! is widely regarded as one of the greatest live hard rock recordings of all time. "Rock and Roll All Nite" became a Top 20 smash and was the main reason for the album's success, but there are many other tracks that are just as strong — "Deuce," "Strutter," "Firehouse," "Parasite," "She," "100,000 Years," "Black Diamond," and "Cold Gin" all shine in a live setting. Although there's been some speculation of extensive overdubbing to correct mistakes, Alive! remains Kiss' greatest album ever. An essential addition to any rock collection. — Greg Prato

I am sorry for you:D Kiss just doesn't do it for me, cold gin, ok but anything else is just not good, IMO, dressing up and making money on an image is not what music is about, yes, they did write some good songs, but dressing up like superheros to sell records is not my cup of tea.

Cynic Focus

Cheers and brews for all<Aaron Death>

Dude, when I was a kid, I caught the tale end of Kissteria (the original KISSteria that surrounded the band from the mid 70's until they unmasked.) I was into comic books and liked rock music, so it was perfect. KISS were superheros, but they were real human beings. I saw KISS on thier Creatures on the Night tour when I was 6 years old. Later on I found out that this was not a successful venture, but the show I was at was SOLD OUT at the University of Dayton Arena. I will never forget seeing the marquee flashing "KISS TONIGHT SOLD OUT" I was too young and too far back to realize that Ace Frehley "the space man" was not playing (it was Vinnie Vincent the Wizard) Seeing KISS meets the Phantom on CBS Latenight was also a memory of KISS for me. To this day when the lights go down and KISS are about to come out the hair on my arms and my neck stand up.

Originally posted by TD
Dude, when I was a kid, I caught the tale end of Kissteria (the original KISSteria that surrounded the band from the mid 70's until they unmasked.) I was into comic books and liked rock music, so it was perfect. KISS were superheros, but they were real human beings. I saw KISS on thier Creatures on the Night tour when I was 6 years old. Later on I found out that this was not a successful venture, but the show I was at was SOLD OUT at the University of Dayton Arena. I will never forget seeing the marquee flashing "KISS TONIGHT SOLD OUT" I was too young and too far back to realize that Ace Frehley "the space man" was not playing (it was Vinnie Vincent the Wizard) Seeing KISS meets the Phantom on CBS Latenight was also a memory of KISS for me. To this day when the lights go down and KISS are about to come out the hair on my arms and my neck stand up.

well, I am a little younger than you, and I never cought the KISSteria, ah, yeah.

CHeers and Brews for all! <Aaron Death>

I would have gotten into KISS anyway even I wasn't as old. I was into Alice Cooper at a very young age having seen him on the Muppet Show. Growing up I'd buy Maiden albums just because the covers were so darn cool! When I grew up I was still into image conscience music like Gwar and Manson. I'm so happy today to see bands like Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, and Slipknot that are into cool shows with a cool look. Also, Godsmack are putting on a helluva live show. I'm crossing my fingers that they get out on the road for thier next arena tour and bring Anthrax with them next winter. (Here comes the boos "what you mean Anthrax and Godsmack, Godsmack suck you sonofabitch")

well, I am not into any of those bands,I am more into Pantera, Death, ANTHRAX,BLS, Sabbath, Testament, Megadeth, old Met, Cynic, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, and other non metal blues and jazz. to me images are gimmicks, and the only thing that should matter is the music, a good live show comes from loving to play live, not from costums.

Cheers and brews for all! <Aaron Death>

Oh don't get me wrong, musicianship is the key. Obviously I'm an Anthrax fan and they have the best drummer in the world! ANd I like Zeppelin, Rush, Floyd, all that kind of stuff. I am not strictly into visual bands, but I think (and it is hard to argue) that with the money you pay to see a show, the band should sound AND look cool. If I fork over $85 to see a band that looks like a piiza delivery boy and a lumberjack staring at thier shoes, I'm gonna be pissed.

Okay, this one's cheating, but I've burned my favorite 200 songs in wma format onto a single CD, then stick it into my discman and hit shuffle, so I have almost no need to change it ever, except when a new album comes out.

As for a single store-bought CD, that would be a tough choice. Volume 8 is a possibility, but AC/DC's Highway to Hell could also provide endless repeated listenings.

See, what I am talking about here is putting on a show, I hate it when these newer bands act like they don't want to be on stage, that is what I live for, well that and beer, and I always put 100% into what I am doing, I run around and head bang like it is my farewell show, I flip out, and whenever a friend of mine sees a show they always say that it was way beyond there expectations, we sound better live then we do on cd! To me that should be the goal of every band, even the main man from GWAR says that their music is getting pushed to the forefront now, this is GWAR we are talking about, and their new cd definitely proves to me that they are better musicians and songwriters today than at any point in their carrer. The show is the thing! and you don't need props or costumes to put on a great show or entertain.

Cheers and brews for all! <Aaron Death>

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
Okay, this one's cheating, but I've burned my favorite 200 songs in wma format onto a single CD, then stick it into my discman and hit shuffle, so I have almost no need to change it ever, except when a new album comes out.

As for a single store-bought CD, that would be a tough choice. Volume 8 is a possibility, but AC/DC's Highway to Hell could also provide endless repeated listenings.

Highway to Hell and Powerage are always somewhere very close to my turntable. I've seen AC/DC 3 times over the years, always an amazing live band, and they put on quite a production.

I've seen them on their last five tours, and despite their age, they show no sign of slowing down. Angus is a fuckin' God, and Brian's developed a lot more showmanship over the past few tours as well.

Any of the Bon Scott albums has infinite replayability (if that's even a word), and most of the Brian stuff, too. The band always jokes that they're putting out the same album over and over again, so from that perspective, you could that any of the albums can be listened to over and over again, even if you listen to a different album :)