OT: The beer thread

There is no pretention to be had in any Belgian beer. Only bliss.

I'm looking forward to my trip to the east coast at the end of the month. I'm sure Victory and Dogfish Head will see a healthy bump in sales out of Virginia. :lol:

Drinking lately? I thought I'd work on getting through the Sam Adams line up since they were nice enough to send me a pair of their fancy glasses for free since I have an AHA membership.

PintGlassPromotionPage.jpg

Also had a Fresh Hop (Great Divide) and a Salvation (Avery) last weekend.

And for anybody wishing to learn more about beer, head over to www.herestobeer.com.

And lastly, for those who don't know, April 7 is a great day to celebrate. FDR signed into law the 21st Amendment back in 1933, ending Prohibition in the US. I will raise several pints to Mr. Roosevelt.

There is no pretention to be had in any Belgian beer. Only bliss.

I'm looking forward to my trip to the east coast at the end of the month. I'm sure Victory and Dogfish Head will see a healthy bump in sales out of Virginia. :lol:

Drinking lately? I thought I'd work on getting through the Sam Adams line up since they were nice enough to send me a pair of their fancy glasses for free since I have an AHA membership.

PintGlassPromotionPage.jpg

Also had a Fresh Hop (Great Divide) and a Salvation (Avery) last weekend.

And for anybody wishing to learn more about beer, head over to www.herestobeer.com.

And lastly, for those who don't know, April 7 is a great day to celebrate. FDR signed into law the 21st Amendment back in 1933, ending Prohibition in the US. I will raise several pints to Mr. Roosevelt.

Dogfish Head IPA's are delish!:kickass:

Generally, I'm a Guinness guy.

I've recently come to enjoy Stella Artois, which I like quite a bit. Although it always makes me feel uber-pretentious.

I don't like Stella as much as I used to. For some reason it started tasting different to me, which sucks because I used to love it.

Coopers Sparkling Ale, and Crown Lager have been my favourites of late.

Coopers Pale is good when I'm feeling cheap as well. Sometimes I'll get Becks or Heineken for the hell of it, but as they're more expensive/not as good (IMO)/have smaller bottles (330 as opposed to 375mls) it's rare that I get those.

So, after being three minutes away from backing away from the gate in Albuquerque, American Airlines cancelled my flight. Thank all that is thankable for Southwest Airlines. I didn't make it to Frisco with any daylight at all. After a good hour of driving around some seriously huge mall-kinda thing, I gave up looking for a beer store. Curse it all. It is American's fault I sit here working on a presentation for my boss without a good beer to drink.

Dude :erk:

I remember going to Wacken last year:

"Hey what kind of a beer can I get here"
"Becks"
".... Anything else?"
"Nah, the festival is sponsered by Becks"

"... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Well I don't know why you'd pay 5 euro for a Becks in the festival when you walk for about 5 minutes and can get a large selection of 2 euro beers in the town. The businesses of Wacken got you covered.

For those of you not signed up for the Stone newsletter:

08logo.jpg

mitch.jpg
Mitch Steele,
Head Brewer
"The Stone 08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale is a Strong Golden Belgian style ale highly hopped with American hops (Ahtanum, Amarillo and Simcoe). The beer pours pale golden with a thick and creamy white head of foam. The aroma is full of depth: nuances of pepper, clove, and banana from the Belgian yeast strain, and the resiny citrus notes from the American hops blend together nicely to provide a complex aromatic character. The taste is spicy, hoppy and fruity, with a very dry and a pleasant bitter end. The bitterness lingers nicely, and provides a refreshing finish!"

Find bottle artwork, tasting notes, the homebrew recipe and a list of stores at stonebrew.com/epic

...and don't forget...