OT: The beer thread

I'm a beer n00b. I drank Bud Light last night. My favorite beers are probably Rolling Rock & Miller Chill at the moment. While Bud Light may be the Britney Spears of beer, the other two are like the Cradle of Filth of beer. Some of you guys drink the Burzum of beer looks like.

I've tried in the past! I just don't have the time to get my consistency down. I'd also need to invest in good equipment. Before when I did it, I just had a stupid small kit. But even then, I did make one or two batches that weren't bad.

Damn you. Now I want to get into brewing again. Arrrrrrrrrrght! No time!

Yeah, I've had to put the hobby on a backburner after having Kid #2. I'm hoping to start back up soon though. I miss it. And now I have a new 10-gallon cooler to convert to a mash tun so I can start making huge beers like the recipe I posted.

You can get a decent set up for all-grain batches at a pretty low price. I piece stuff together from eBay and online beer stores (morebeer.com rules for equipment). Check eBay for deals on big kettles. I got a 12-1/2 gallon stainless steel kettle for less than $100. I haven't converted it yet and I'm still using my 9-gallon kettle from Homebrew Heaven though.

I'm a beer n00b. I drank Bud Light last night. My favorite beers are probably Rolling Rock & Miller Chill at the moment. While Bud Light may be the Britney Spears of beer, the other two are like the Cradle of Filth of beer. Some of you guys drink the Burzum of beer looks like.
I don't understand any of the comparisons you made here. But the most confusing thing is that you like Miller Chill.

Agreed... miller chill? Fuck off with that shit.

Just took a trip to the store, got me:
6 pack of 12oz Oaked Bastards
2 Double Bastard bombers
1 Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout bomber

Edit: By the way Jeff, the local beer store that I now shop for my delicious beers from has CASES of Iron City. The funny thing is that Iron City is supposed to be crappy beer, but this place carries nothing but good, high quality brews. Looks like the Iron City has wormed its way in to SOMEONE'S heart. :lol:

Hmmm I see some people like hoppy beers. Let me say I am the king of Hoppy beers....IPA's / Imperial/Double IPA's are my specialty.

Favorite beer? HOP WALLOP made by Victory Brewing, and LEATHERLIPS IPA made by Haverhill Brewing Company. Runner ups include NUGGET NECTAR (Troegs Brewing), HIGH TIDE FRESH HOP IPA (Port Brewing), and the TITAN IPA from Great Divide Brewing Company.

As I type this Im drinking a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale but Im not impressed. I think Harpoon IPA is better and I consider that my "session" IPA haha. Also like the Dogfish Head 60,90, and 120 IPA's.

Some other recent ones Ive tried are HOPSICKLE, FRESH HOP, HOP3 ALE, SHERWOOD FOREST IPA, RT 113 IPA, HOPMOUTH......I mean I could sit here all day and name off IPA after IPA LOL! Another amazing one is the HOP JUICE from Two Guys Brewery.

Without bullshitting Ive tried probably 200 or more different IPA's in the last 2 years I've become a big hophead. I always come back to the HOP WALLOP, and LEATHERLIPS though. Both are so deliciously hopped its amazing!

I'm actually looking for a brewery who wants to team up and release a beer named after my alter DJ ego! Heres a rough concept I came off with for the name. HEAVY MET-ALE has been copyrighted by me as well as HOPWAY TO HELL, but I'm looking for a partner to help create a great IPA, and release this badboy.

label.jpg

BEER.jpg

beer2.jpg

HIGHTIDE.jpg

Anchor Old Foghorn Barleywine and Sierra Nevada Celebration this weekend! Yum! I love heavily hopped beers as well...but I hope that's not what happened to your hair...HA! Just teasing...I'll look into your selections....agreed on the Dogfish Head...Stone has some great offerings too...Ruination and their anniversary ale.