OT - The World Cup, Anyone?

I don't have to justify myself to any of you. In fact, I'm arrogant enough to say that you're lucky that I've even bothered to say anything. The arguments put up against me so far range from, "Soccer is the most popularest sport evar" to "Soccer is the most important sport of all time." You really got me with that one, guys! Both are weak beyond imagining and stem from lazy thinking identical to those idiots out there who think that Slipknot is more popular and therefore better than Symphony X.

I never once said that it wasn't the most popular nor did I ever say it was not important so they are both irrelevant.

Oh yeah, I'm not so far behind now! And to think that my first post wasn't even written while irritated and not even personal. It sounds to me like you all feel threatened and feel the need to strike back at nothing.

P.S. You're so right! I have no idea wha I'm talking about!
a·bound audio (-bound) KEY

intr.v.
a·bound·ed , a·bound·ing , a·bounds

1. To be great in number or amount.
2. To be fully supplied or filled; teem. See Synonyms at teem

You've defined abound. Congratulations and all, but hypocrisy abounding is still irrelevant.

In a thread about the World Cup, do you really think it's a good idea to start talking about how boring soccer is? Probably not. I'm not saying you don't have a right to an opinion, just that it's pointless to voice one that will serve only to wind people up, which it evidently did, regardless of whether or not the thread participants' abilities to provide contrary arguments is satisfactory in your eyes.

Getting somewhat back on topic, I'd have to agree that Argentina are looking like the strongest candidates so far.

I think USA did a hell of a good job today against Italy. Though they really didn't score their own goal, they did manage to defend Italy from taking the lead with one less man. The first red card is understandable but the other two were comlete BS.

@thraxz...stop being an ass.

ah another thread that turns into a fight :lol: - I don't mind the soccer, but I don't really watch it. It will be exciting if Australia manages a win against Brazil (though highly unlikely).

see, jax goes away for one day and look what happens. seriously thraxz, regardless of what you think of soccer quit being a douche, your starting shit for no reason

today is one of the few times i can say im proud to be an american soccer fan, they played with so much more energy and poise than the first game and held on to a tie through several bullshit calls by the ref. their chances of moving to the next round are slim, but if you ask me they at least earned the chance to still be in the tournament with how they played today

If I wanted to "start shit" I'd do it in a much better place than a Symphony X forum in a thread about soccer...

Enough!

Normally I lurk/ignore these kinds of threads, but let's back off a bit ok?
That means both sides.
Don't make me lock up my first thread here :mad:

J-Dubya

Yeah can't wait, I can feel a shock in the air and I'm rooting for Aus all the way even though I'm a whinging pomme and you hate us so much. And we've got Shane Warne on the English television to give his views on the game, Warno, what a ledged!

US did ok last night but I still don't think they have enough quality to beat Ghana in the last game who were outstanding.

The only problem as I see it with football (fuck the 's' word) is the hooligans and already the English (surprise, surprise) have been causing trouble giving Nazi salutes to Germans and wearing SS uniforms on the streets of Nuremberg, way to repay German hospitality guys! As a result the German hooligans starting fighting and I think 600 people were arrested so far for throwing chairs through windows, wrecking bars and wielding dangerous weapons (metal poles, baseball bats etc). That's the down side, if you think the game itself is boring may I suggest ribbing the shit out of your eyes.

Thraxz said:
I don't have to justify myself to any of you. In fact, I'm arrogant enough to say that you're lucky that I've even bothered to say anything.

It's clear your problem is not soccer. So I'll just ignore you and let you sort those problems out by yourself, I'm not a psychiatrist.

On topic, USA did really good against Italy yesterday indeed. Ghana against Czech Republic was cool to watch as well especially towards the end, were Ghana had total control over the game. It was a weird game.

australia easily could have finished a few of those goals if they're forwards were fast enough to actually make something out of their breakaways. they're lucky brazil looks like shit too

Japan's worldcup challenge has actually ended.
Its absolutely impossible to beat Brazil by 2 or greater goals...
Even 5years old child doesn't dream of that fantasy.
But this result deserves us because we neither have awesome FW like Robben nor MF like Ronaldinho, DF like Carvalho....
Although Asian countries are still far out of the league, but I love football!!:kickass:

SilentRealm said:
yeah but even with Brazil looking like shit atm, theyre still probably the best team - extremely hard to beat

i wanna see them play one of top level teams before i really make up my mind, cause they havent looked great yet they've been getting results. argentina looks the best of the tourney so far imo,

you know whats kinda messed up? the USA vs Ghana game and Czech vs Italy game are both on at the same exact time on thursday... how am i supposed to watch both?!

SilentRealm said:
yeah but even with Brazil looking like shit atm, theyre still probably the best team - extremely hard to beat

Argentina are better atm. They qualified equal with brazil, and also beat them 3-1. Plus their 6-0 win the other day was really impressive and imo the 2nd goal in that game was the best team goal ever ;).