OT - The World Cup, Anyone?

Vietnamesewalkingcatfish said:
After miserable failure in 2006 FIFA WorldCup, JFA (Japan Football Association) has offered Ivica Osim (former Yugoslavia coach) the next international coach job for next 2 years (with 2year option).
Osim apparently will quit current coach job for Japanese domestic club team called Chiba to be committed on the job.
And according to the media, in that case Dragan "Pixy" Stojković maybe into the Cabinet as his aide. Pixy has neither denied nor admitted the rumor at the moment.
Very interesting story I think....

It seems to me that japan have all the skills but they lack a lot of agression. Like in the australia game, I dont know if they were milking all their free kicks or not, but they were goin down REALLY easy whereas australia were trying to keep their feet most of the time. Thats also true with set pieces.... like ppl say that japan arent good at set pieces, and thats partly due to their mostly small height, but also because they arent aggressive enough.

I like the japanese team, and I like japanese football, so hopefully they can sort out their coaching problem and I'll look forward to watching them in the next tournament.

On another note, I'm goin to the pub tonight to watch the oz-italy game :kickass: . Lookin forward to a good show :).

PS: Erikson sucks balls and so does 4-5-1

Portugal - The Netherlands, best match so far in the WC!!! :kickass:

Jesus, it sure was crazy. At last a match that wasn't boring!

Alexander*_Reborn said:
Classy Germany in the next round, Klose and Podolski are the best forwards in the tournement so far.

I don't think so, Klose's crosses are too imprecise and Podolski did nothing else than putting his foot towards the ball, his shots all failed the goal.
And Klose is also not the best in finish.

The Yngster said:
klose is one of the best i've seen this tournament, both their goals last game were 100% his doing, he makes great decisions that leads to goals

It's cool to see an American into football. Nice man :kickass:
...and btw I agree on Klose. I think Tevez, Klose and Ronaldo are the top three in this World Cup when it comes to scoring mentality.

Eternal Dragon said:
It seems to me that japan have all the skills but they lack a lot of agression. Like in the australia game, I dont know if they were milking all their free kicks or not, but they were goin down REALLY easy whereas australia were trying to keep their feet most of the time. Thats also true with set pieces.... like ppl say that japan arent good at set pieces, and thats partly due to their mostly small height, but also because they arent aggressive enough.

I like the japanese team, and I like japanese football, so hopefully they can sort out their coaching problem and I'll look forward to watching them in the next tournament.

On another note, I'm goin to the pub tonight to watch the oz-italy game :kickass: . Lookin forward to a good show :).

PS: Erikson sucks balls and so does 4-5-1

I generally agree with you.
Aussies efficiently disabled our strongpoint and forced theirs on us throughout the game.
They were running like hunting dogs, taking harsh tuckles, firing powerful shots, putting overwhelming pressure in midfield, and so forth.
Before the opening Zico seriously believed we can make it to semi-final....(Ofcourse I didn't believe that!)
And the worst part is that our morale completely collapsed and we played awfully as if we lost the game especially after the equalizer,
while there was still some possibility to win or draw at the point.
Although I know our team wasn't fitted enough to show our ability and the whether was unbearable, but we still didn't deserve advancing to knockout round.
I hope Osim will create well trained, organized, sprited squad in next four years.

I'm sorry for Aussies...
The ref was really suck. I don't think its appropriate to concede ITA the PK in that situation, and I'm not sure Materazzi deserved marching out.
Ghana's Mission Impossible against Brazil is really intriguing, but I don't have enough guts to bet my money on Africa. :p

PoisonSeed said:
It's cool to see an American into football. Nice man :kickass:
...and btw I agree on Klose. I think Tevez, Klose and Ronaldo are the top three in this World Cup when it comes to scoring mentality.

from what i've heard from my friend in brazil everyone hates ronaldo cause he's put on weight and didnt score in the first game :lol: he may not be as fast as he used to be but he still plays smart and creates goals. cant argue with the job torres is doing for spain either

The Brazillians are probably more pissed off that Ronaldo is taking up Robinho's spot..... cos Robinho is "The Prince" of football (since he has been compared to pele the king), or so they say. Good to watch, and will probably be a great footballer once they give him a proper chance.

I'm really not surprised by the fact how Italy beat Australia, I've been expecting something like this. I hated Italy before, and I hated them now.

Brazil is lucky cause Ghana's Essien ain't playing, hoping for an exciting match. Brazil should play with two strikers instead of using only Ronaldo, that fatty can't run all the time. Robinho would have a great chance to shine on the pitch with probably Ronaldo or Adriano.

The Yngster said:
from what i've heard from my friend in brazil everyone hates ronaldo cause he's put on weight and didnt score in the first game :lol: he may not be as fast as he used to be but he still plays smart and creates goals. cant argue with the job torres is doing for spain either

I know how most people think of Ronaldo, still, he is unstoppable infront of the goal and with his 14 goals so far, he reached Muller the top scorer of all times in a world cup. Which means he'll propably hold another world record when this tournament's over.
About the weight, I remember how Maradonna played football despite his little belly a few years ago. :p

Suffered game Brazil X Ghana! Despite of the three goals, Brazil didn't play that good, and they have been much too slower than Ghana. Now, France X Spain will determine the next Quarter-final match. I hope Brazil gets France to payback that 3x0 back in '98. :D

Eternal Dragon said:
Yep, we were robbed. The game was ours until that STUPID decision. Damn that ref, damn him to hell. I wonder how much they payed him to do that??

That Spanish bastard really disgusted me.
Letting an inexperienced ref blow the whistle could lead to horrible outcome.... even hookers know about that!!:rolleyes: