OT - The World Cup, Anyone?

L. Knight said:
And we played MUCH BETTER than Germany, and I would like to hear the reasons anyone disagreeing.
The Germans dominated to second half in such a clear fashion that anything but the 1-1 goal would have been just wrong. Besides, nobody beats Germany when it comes to penalty shoot-outs in the WC, though the same could be said about Argentina until tonight...:cool:

L. Knight said:
And we played MUCH BETTER than Germany, and I would like to hear the reasons anyone disagreeing.

Reason why Argentina didn't play better...Argentina had control over the game, passing it around at the back. Every time they came to the goals they did not look dangerous and rarely troubled the keeper. Whilst Argentina were playing around with the ball Germany would wait until it got the danger zone,stop the player, take the ball and kick it up for a counter and made Germany look alot more dangerous infront of goal, Argentina just never looked like they were going to score. In Football playing better infront of goal is where it counts. Argentina proved nothing that game, as they did in any other game. The only thing they did prove is they are sore losers, and are dirty bastards.

L. Knight said:
Hi, I'm back just to bitch about it.... :cry: :rolleyes:

That f!@#$ing referee stole the game from us. He f@#$ing owe us 2 CLEAR penaltys! We were robbed exactly like in Italy'90, where that other f@!##ing referee did the same f!@#$ing thing to us!:mad:

And we played MUCH BETTER than Germany, and I would like to hear the reasons anyone disagreeing. Sadly, our F@#$@#$@#$@#$ING coach didn't put Saviola or Messi or Aimar. He instead switched two idiots named Cambiasso and Cruz, who are no comparison. He was f!@#@ing married to Riquelme and Crespo, who haven't been working as much as we hoped they would, but still he let them in in every game.:erk:

So there. I blame our COACH first, then the REFEREE, and then our two players Riquelme and Crespo. Germany shouldn't have been a problem. :err:

Back to studying...
see ya later...
Go Romeo Go!
:headbang:

I'd have to agree with the penalties. They were definate penalties and the ref stuffed up. But still, argentina should have scored by normal means anyway.

All in all it was a GREAT game. Argentina seemed to control for most of the 1st half, then it started to turn germany's way. They are 2 great teams :).

Sportsmanship is something both have to learn a bit about. And that goes for a lot of teams, especially top teams. Ballack is notorious for going down cheaply, and that was highlighted further when he pretended to get hit in the face hoping to get a penalty. Ballack, you are a tosser ;). I wish teams could just TRY to win fairly, then the game would be so much better.

I am Italian so I obviously root for Italy. We aren't "good to see", but I'm happy that we are improving match after match. Being in the first four is already a great score. Enjoy these last matches :)

Don't cry for me Argentina...the truth is that Germany beat you la la la la la la

Germany had a game plan and stuck to it, they would have been foolish to try their free-style attacking play against the world’s best attacking team so they reverted to more traditional German tactics of grit and determination which as Germans they can dig out of their national character. Mr Veitnam's assumption would've been correct here but I stick by the fact that this German team are a lot more attractive than those of the past.

David Odonkor looked excellent when he came on, the fastest player in the world cup, he zooms!! Argentina didn't attack them enough direct and paid the price, Germany always win on penalties, always, god knows England have seen that side of the bastards enough!

Germany - Italy now, I love it, two of Europe's traditional powers going head to head - no South Korea rubbish this year!

England today, come on lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If England beats Portugal and Brazil beats France, it's gunna be a re-match ENG-BRA!!!

In 2002 Brazil won 2-1 and Ronaldinho was sent off, but he's back now to make things clear.

Argh! No! France, damn! Well, Brazil just sucked. :erk:

I can't believe the goal: There was like four or five Brazilians standing in front of the penalty area in a row, and then Henry ran off to head it home. I think it was R. Carlos who should've marked him, but dunno if they use marking at all.

So, now I'm with France, all the way. :kickass:

lol, yeh. Brazil seemed to just sit back and ride it out.... in every game. They totally relied on the fact that they hardly miss goals when given an opportunity, and at no time did they outrun ANY team. Players like roberto carlos should have been axed cos they are just too damn old and can't compete with the fitness of a lot of teams. And I didnt even see any decent tricks :(. That goes for most teams too... although I didnt see every game. Last world cup some guy from turkey did an awesome flick over his head to beat a player.... and it worked :). Those are the things I remember.

Well, my arg-brazil final has gone, so I'd say france and germany. Germany will beat Italy 4 sure cos they suck really bad, and france should beat portugal cos portugal didnt score agains a very poorly organised england.

England, lol. That was just sad. A lot of teams would be asking themselves "Why did we lose?", but with england it would be either "Why does Sven suck so much?" or "Why doesn't Sven care?" or even "I wonder if Sven managed to finish his crossword?". :lol:

France played the best game of the tournament today, no doubt about that. Zidane was a MONSTER, and Makelele, Ribery and Henry also played well. Of course it helped that Brazil looked like shit, but whatever

For english soccer fans

What I did on my summer holiday
By Theo Walcott Esq aged 8 1/2

I went to a place called Germany with my Uncle Sven and some other grown up’s. It is a country in Europe where a bad man called Adolf used to live with his nazties, he does not live there anymore, Uncle Owen does live there, and the grown up’s say I cant talk about the bad man as it will make Uncle Owen cry if I do. In Germany there are lots of castles and some mountains.
We are staying in a place called Baden Baden that’s a silly name, Uncle Frank has the same name as his dad, that’s silly too, his mum must get their underpants mixed up all the time.

On the aeroplane Uncle Sol sat next to me, he got me some toffee and wants to be my friend, he works at the place where I do my YTS, so does Uncle Freddy but him and Uncle Sol are not best friends anymore.

Uncle Owen met us at the airport, he talks foreign, Uncle Wayne, Uncle Steven and Uncle David also talk funny, my mum says Uncle David talks like Orville, he is a duck, Uncle Sol say’s uncle David wears dresses and knickers, and asked me if I had ever worn them. Uncle Sol got me some pop.

In Germany the grown ups are going to play football, my grandad says we beat them in the olden days before my mum was born. That is a long time ago.

While the grown up’s went to play football so I went shopping with Auntie Vicky and some other girls she bought me a big ice cream and got herself a little one but she said she was full before she had eaten any and threw it away. She bought lots of shoes and handbags and let me play with Brooklyn. She say’s she used to be in a pop band and sang me one of her songs, I thing she was telling fibs.

I told Uncle Sol about my day out with Vicky and he sulked, then he bought me an even bigger ice cream with lots of hundred’s & thousands on it.

All the other grown up’s have a girlfriend except Uncle Sol so he plays with me while they go out. Uncle Sven says I must keep Uncle Sol happy, that’s why I got taken on holiday.

The grown up’s went to play Football against somebody called Sweden, Uncle Sol was crying as Uncle Freddy played for them and would not talk to him. Uncle Sol bought me lots of toffee today and some crisps. Uncle Sven is from Sweden and I heard him on the phone to their boss last night. Uncle Michael hurt his knee and had to go home to his mum for a plaster. Uncle Peter is a giant, a proper giant like you see in books, he is rubbish at football though.

Uncle Wayne had a sore toe at the start of out holiday but it got better so they let him play football. Uncle Sol got me a present but I do not like it. He says all Germans wear leather underpants and I should while we are here, they are too tight for me.

All the grown up's started to call Uncle Wayne a potato head who stood on somebodys spuds. He got shouted at by the referee. They are all saying that we have to go home now. Uncle Sol was crying again and I had to sit on his knee to make him stop. He had his mobile phone in his pocket, I think.