OT - The World Cup, Anyone?

I am really sorry for Christiano Ronaldo. He worked hard for his team but couldn't get the support from his mates. He cried after the game is over. He is a great player. I think he is better than Ronaldinho on the field. Ronaldinho is not a team player, he is a skillful personal player. That is why we couldn't see anything from him in this world cup imo.

Cristiano Ronaldo cries after every game, also in the Euro 2004 final. :rolleyes: And he probably hasn't got the biggest fans in the England after he was involved in Rooney's sent off and scored the decisive penalty.

I wouldn't say he's better than Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho wasn't at his best cause he played in a different role than normally, a bit more defensive role and lower, and I think this was a huge mistake. Though he could be more of a team player, but there's no way he couldn't be a playmaker.

Aaaah Rooney, he is and always will be remembered as the fu..ing dumb ass of this world cup. How can someone behave such childish in a competition like this. Ronaldo has no fault in that situation. Everybody knows that. Except english media :) England always do that in every competition they joined. They just destroy themselves. And they put the blame on others.

We've seen this kind of Rooney before, this was just in a major tournament everyone was watching. Funny cause Rooney said "I will tear Ronaldo apart and smack him in the face" and somewhere else he said "there's nothing bad between us, we just played in different teams". :p

I don't like Ronaldo. He deserved atleast 3 yellow cards for diving in that last game. He'd be great if he didn't act all the time. Portugal relied on calling fouls too much instead of just getting back up and going after the ball. Sometimes, no one even got touched and they whined for a foul. I think it was at minute 74 two of their players just fell over in France's box. Lame. Trying to get a penalty back like France. I don't like that France won that way, but it's the rules. Shouldn't have done this:
636395578.jpg

The Portugese were a disgrace, by far the worst display of sportsmanship in the cup. Lots of teams were diving, but they were doing it the most blatantly. football is about athleticism, not acting, I really hope FIFA starts cracking down on this kind of crap way more

I would call Ronaldinho the better field player. C. Ronaldo is a more selfish player intent on displaying his foot skills. Ronaldinho has made some of the most incredible passes. His header to Adriano against France was excellent.

I would say Ronaldo had a better showing in the World Cup though. Ronaldinho was playing with a bunch of old men as a supporting cast.

In the end, Portugal just ran out of luck.

The Final will be very exciting, even with Italy packed in on defense (as always). I look for Buffon to show more of his ultra-world-class skills in the box and Barthez to be his normal clumsy self. In the end, Zidane has shown more desire than anybody else in this tournament, and he will lead his team to victory.

And perhaps the Americans will have a real coach next Cup. At least somebody who buries that damned 4-5-1 and doesn't exclude the brightest star in American soccer (for this Cup, Adu, who, I predict, will play for Ghana in the '10 Cup).

fullnelson said:
I don't like Ronaldo. He deserved atleast 3 yellow cards for diving in that last game. He'd be great if he didn't act all the time. Portugal relied on calling fouls too much instead of just getting back up and going after the ball. Sometimes, no one even got touched and they whined for a foul. I think it was at minute 74 two of their players just fell over in France's box. Lame. Trying to get a penalty back like France. I don't like that France won that way, but it's the rules. Shouldn't have done this:
636395578.jpg

That was quite clear penalty, Carvalho struck his leg on Henry's his own stupidity. But I'm not saying he didn't act.

France also should change their coach. Domenech is an actor and a theater guy and I've heard he uses astronomy when thinking the line-up, how the stars are aligned and stuff. Weird. :Smug:

Yeah, France didn't actually play well to win this match. A penalty is not enough to win in my book. You gotta score the natural way. So Italy have a big chance to win the cup, but who knows, we'll wait and see.

C.Ronaldo is a poof...and is actually loved by poofs....i saw an article...he's a gay icon.

as for

Funny cause Rooney said "I will tear Ronaldo apart and smack him in the face" and somewhere else he said "there's nothing bad between us, we just played in different teams".

Here is proof that they are good mates

20051219-rooney-y-cristiano.jpg

Out on her royal yacht the Queen was enjoying the sea air when she spied
a man in the water off the port bow - clearly being menaced by a very
large shark.
Through her binoculars she could see it was Christiano Ronaldo,
struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark!

The Queen ordered the captain to change course to try and save the poor
man, but she knew the yachts top speed would never get them there in
time.

At that exact moment a speedboat containing three men wearing white tops
sped into view. One of the men took aim at the shark and fired a harpoon
into its ribs, immobilising it instantly. The other two reached out and
pulled Ronaldo from the water and, using long clubs, beat the shark to
death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious Ronaldo into the speedboat
along with the dead shark and prepared for a hasty retreat, when they
heard frantic calling ...... It was the Queen calling them to the yacht.

On reaching yacht the Queen went into raptures about the rescue and
said, "I'll give you a knighthood for your brave actions. I thought the
England team would hate Ronaldo after the world cup. But I see that the
England team are true heroes and should serve as a model for
sportsmanship to other countries." She knighted them and sailed away.

As she departed Rooney asked the others, "Who was that?!"

"That," Beckham answered, "was our Queen. She rules the Commonwealth and
knows everything about our country."

"Well," Rooney replied, "she knows fuck all about shark fishing. How's the
bait holding up?"

Taliwakker said:
Out on her royal yacht the Queen was enjoying the sea air when she spied
a man in the water off the port bow - clearly being menaced by a very
large shark.
Through her binoculars she could see it was Christiano Ronaldo,
struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark!

The Queen ordered the captain to change course to try and save the poor
man, but she knew the yachts top speed would never get them there in
time.

At that exact moment a speedboat containing three men wearing white tops
sped into view. One of the men took aim at the shark and fired a harpoon
into its ribs, immobilising it instantly. The other two reached out and
pulled Ronaldo from the water and, using long clubs, beat the shark to
death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious Ronaldo into the speedboat
along with the dead shark and prepared for a hasty retreat, when they
heard frantic calling ...... It was the Queen calling them to the yacht.

On reaching yacht the Queen went into raptures about the rescue and
said, "I'll give you a knighthood for your brave actions. I thought the
England team would hate Ronaldo after the world cup. But I see that the
England team are true heroes and should serve as a model for
sportsmanship to other countries." She knighted them and sailed away.

As she departed Rooney asked the others, "Who was that?!"

"That," Beckham answered, "was our Queen. She rules the Commonwealth and
knows everything about our country."

"Well," Rooney replied, "she knows fuck all about shark fishing. How's the
bait holding up?"

ROFL, thats the best joke i've heard in ages :lol:

That's pretty funny

This is a shame though. I don't like that Ronaldo & others in the Portugal side blatantly dived, but Ronaldo cannot be blamed for Rooney being sent off, nor his conduct questioned. It's a sad fact that if he was staying he'd just be jeered at every match.

Ronaldo's gonna be pretty damn good in a few years once his ego settles down and he stops diving and actually starts passing. Its too bad the British media has chased him away from his club team

Actually football is a hard game or "man's game" as we call it. So diving or hard tackling is natural in it. As long as it is done to the ball, not the player.