OT - The World Cup, Anyone?

I have the worst luck both my teams Australia and Croatia are in the same group. Naturally I go for Croatia the place I was born, but I have always supported the Aussie side. Choosing my team was difficult but it didn't take long it had to be Croatia.

On that note tho Croatia are very lucky to be in with a chance of making the second round they definantly don't deserve it, they have a shit team and play with no heart of passion. Australia on the other hand are playing awesome football and I am very proud of what they have done. I thought they played the better game against Brazil,unfortunantly I was forced to go for Brazil so Croatia had a chance still against Aus.

As the Cro Vs AUs game goes, I don't think Croatia have a chance against Australia they look too strong and can pass and stop a ball (which Croatia cannot) The team is hungry and play with alot of heart. It will be an intresting match, regardless of the score a part of me will be sad but a bigger part of me will be happier if Croatia win, but totaly undeserved. Unfortunantly the game is played on who deserves it or not, its who put the ball past the line.

So anyways Friday morning shall be a good day :)

*Everyone falls asleep at boring and pointless post* :D

Oh man Kewell missed a fucking sitter, oh well good performance by the Aussies and only need a draw against Croatia to go through if Brazil naturally beat Japan.

Croatia are a bastard hard team with well-known defenders like Simic and Tudor but not so great attacking wise, will be a massive game for both teams. I hate to say it but I think Croatia will win and they have the best supporters in the competition.

Rooney will be playing on Tuesday so you can all bow down to the greatness. Fuck Ronaldinho.

Alexander*_Reborn said:
I hate to say it but I think Croatia will win and they have the best supporters in the competition.
The fans were awesome, even tho we were losing against Brazil they were still the loudest, the flares were the best part.

Yeh the flares were cool, but it makes u wonder what else ppl are sneaking in :lol:.

If australia dont beat croatia then I'll be very surprised indeed. Croatia have a decent team, but they got too many problems atm, and i dont even think they trust their own coach. That alone = disaster.

Eternal Dragon said:
Yeh the flares were cool, but it makes u wonder what else ppl are sneaking in :lol:.

If australia dont beat croatia then I'll be very surprised indeed. Croatia have a decent team, but they got too many problems atm, and i dont even think they trust their own coach. That alone = disaster.
Yeah they don't like him and it shows. Croatia have shown signs of the ability to play good they just can't. Australia on the other hand just play good.

Apparantly 834 or 138 Flares were conviscated at the Cro Vs Brazil game ( Yes those numbers are way aparat but I dont really remember the order lol)

ANd yesterdays game lost the Australia economy $ 250 Million so says the news.

If I was Crotia coach I'd put in Luka Modric alongside Kranjcar, those two can fill the void left by Prosinecki and Boban and then you'd have flair with the steel.

To the Aussie's, would you say that football has a bigger national appeal than rugby?? How does it compare to the Rugby world cup? You know, the one where we beat you in the final, sorry couldn't resist.

To the Aussie's, would you say that football has a bigger national appeal than rugby?? How does it compare to the Rugby world cup? You know, the one where we beat you in the final, sorry couldn't resist.

For as long as i can remember Australians (in general) only gave a shit about soccer once every four years when we'd get to the last round of qualifying and then lose. This time we actually made it through to the finals (first time in 32 years) so depending on how far we actually make it will have an outcome on how popular it becomes to the mainstream sports watching audience. Most of the people who watch soccer in this country don't give too much of a shit about our domestic league....lots more follow the Premier League.
Rugby League and Rugby Union are much bigger sportsover here, to answer your question.....and i have a feeling you won't be holding on to that rugby world cup....or the ashes for much longer. :)

I missed the Simunic's case, but it must've been funny! And Srna's goal was a stunner!

I really hope the Aussies beat Pedros and Luigis from Italy.

Eternal Dragon said:
WOOHOO!!! We won!!!

Croatia played great though. Good to see them have a bit more passion in their last game :). Simivic cracked me up with his 3 yellow cards :lol:. I think it was him..... not up on all their names.

Italy here we come!!!
Yep it was him...By the way, Australia didnt win :p.

I am predicting a Semi Final appearance for Aus tho.

:tickled:

Last night when I went out, pretty much everyone was wearing Croatian flags, their faces painted, wearing jerseys, etc. There were TV's outside and people were sitting in the sidewalk watching the game. We heard collective cries of joy and groans throughout the night. It's amazing how popular the sport is here. When I went to dinner it took forever for the food to come because the restaurant staff was watching the game too :lol: .

Hmmm nobody seems to care USA finished bottom of their group after loosing to Ghana, awful world cup from Sam's boys, should've done better.

Aus V Italy, tough match methinks, Italy are similar to Croatia in their defensive style but have better forwards in Luca Toni and Gillardino. However Australia’s style will rattle them up and it could go either way. Also Italy has a massive domestic match-fixing scandal going on with their top clubs which could destroy Italian football, this will be on a lot of the players minds.

BTW the Aussie keeper Kadic was awful; as well as looking like a 1950s prison guard he almost cost you the world cup. Schwarzer can be assured of his starting place.

England on Sunday, more drunken fan trouble last night throwing bottles and chairs at innocent people, 100 arrested, when will these punks learn?

We were awful against the Swedes in the second half but Joe Cole and Stevie G rescued us. Ecuador await, good night Ecuador!

Come on Rooney!

After miserable failure in 2006 FIFA WorldCup, JFA (Japan Football Association) has offered Ivica Osim (former Yugoslavia coach) the next international coach job for next 2 years (with 2year option).
Osim apparently will quit current coach job for Japanese domestic club team called Chiba to be committed on the job.
And according to the media, in that case Dragan "Pixy" Stojković maybe into the Cabinet as his aide. Pixy has neither denied nor admitted the rumor at the moment.
Very interesting story I think....