OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
0710126-clown.jpg

[brag]Well, I was on fire tonight. I scored 4 goals and one assist. The first goal was a breakaway where I just tapped it into the corner. The second was a highlight-reel goal where I bent the ball away from the keeper off the near post just under the crossbar (man, I wish a video camera was rolling for that one). The third goal was a fast break where I had one defender to beat, cut inside and left him in the dust then slid it past a charging goalie inside the far post. The fourth goal was another beauty, with a give and go to my winger, who sped down the wing and sent in a cross which I one-timed off the near post, pretty much in the only possible spot that a goalie or defender didn't have covered. The assist was off an indirect free kick, where I sent the ball in to one of our ladies who was wide open, allowing her to tap the ball into an open net. While I was on the field, we outscored our opponents 5-1.[/brag]

Unfortunately, when I was off the field, our team got outscored 8-1, and we lost the game 9-6. I usually only drink one beer during the game, and save most of the drinking for after. However, it was a hot day, and I felt the tank starting to run a little dry after my second goal, so I cracked a second beer, which I credit with propelling me to the third and fourth goals. Some of my teammates are hesitant to drink during the game, but I figure I'm walking proof that it works. We're 3 games in to the summer season, and I've scored 8 goals. Goals scored before cracking a beer: zero. Goals scored after cracking at least one beer: 8. Need any more proof about beer being a performance-enhancing substance? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.