One last word......

Deliverance6

Jun 4, 2003
Ann Arbor Michigan U.S.
Visit site
a last word on meeting and hanging with Katatonia....

cleveland, detroit, mokena
The shows got progressivly better....progressivly better turnout and sound....I couldnt be happier to say that I was not dissapointed in one of the shows though.......regardless of anything.....I thought Jonas did great.....Anders was his usual rokkin ass self.....Mattias's presence was immense....Fred was the stoic gentleman he always seemed to be...and Daniel "although he was fighting off the swedish birdflu he gave me" was markedly precise....
I had such a good time with those guys......seriously the best 3 days of my life....partly because me and Cris got to get away for a few and we dont get to see each other much and also because the guys from Katatonia were so fukkin cool and I didnt feel like a buggy fanboy this time.....I actually feel like I developed a "cooler than just your biggest fan" relationship with them.....I think it is fair to say Ive made some friendships with the guys.....which I was not expecting to happen......I wish I couldve been there for more shows but one of my biggest goals was achieved in meeting them.....I wanted them to feel taken care of and welcomed to this shithole called the united states....I know its different for them here in the ststes than it is in europe and elsewhere.....but I wanted them to know that when I am around they will be taken care of and it was an honor to have been able to show them how much I appreciate them musically, as men, and now I feel comfortable saying....as friends.

it seems exciting things are in the works for the future as individuals and for the band as a whole.....I hope the cam is out and the backstage footage is rollin......and that the rest of the tour is a huge success for them.......they deserve it!
KEEP THE MOMENTUM

Thanx guys.

Reece

Well said Reece. I'd only met those guys one other time, but after one night of hanging with the guys, the other nights were like hanging out with good friends...
I dont have many friends anymore, and spending time with you and the guys was the best of times...I know that I'll never forget it. And being friends with your favorite band is something I wouldve never thought woulld happen to either of us...

Well said Reece. I'd only met those guys one other time, but after one night of hanging with the guys, the other nights were like hanging out with good friends...
I dont have many friends anymore, and spending time with you and the guys was the best of times...I know that I'll never forget it. And being friends with your favorite band is something I wouldve never thought woulld happen to either of us...

agreed.......best 3 days of my life......it wouldnt have been the same without you there my friend....

Nice commentary Reece. Glad to hear you and sparrowsblood had such a great time with the guys.

And nice meeting both of you in Cleveland, as well as insidethefall, a fellow Pittsburgh katafan. I can't tell you how great it was to meet and talk with some true fans.

Til next time! Oh, and speaking of which, get me in the inner circle next tour Reece! :)

I didn't just get too see my favorite band play this past sunday and monday, i got to meet them again. I'm glad that this time around we weren't being rushed like the last time in Cleveland, OH [06/04/2004]
Although i must admit that i completely acted like a fanboy [i can't help it :oops: ] the Kata guys are the most amazing band and people on this planet!
Watching them perform felt like i was in a state of euphoria. I wasn't just singing along to their songs i put my heart and soul into those words.

I [along with my brother and Christine(Lucifer1126)] stayed long after the show @ The Whisky to meet up with Katatonia and my patience paid off. It wasn't till 2 am in the morning that i got to see them and thank them for... well for everything they've done and are going to do in the future.

Although, the highlight of my nights was definitely at the House Of Blues Anaheim, where i gave Anders my Katatonia "For Funerals To Come" shirt. His reaction was unforgettable. It looked a little something like this:
1404001290_l.jpg

[note: the reaction on this picture is for the Katatonia "Shadow Death" shirt that i am wearing on the night of the Hollywood show]

oh there is nothing in this world that can ever rob me of those memories...
there is much more but it's so hard to put into words b/c it just leaves me speechless... :)

Omg! Anders looks like he is going to propose to you! :D

on topic:

I really envy you having that feeling..
When they play Sweden it is hard to be something else than stupid fan boy.. partly, off course, because i am, but also they have their real family and old friends here, so it just wont get as "intimate" i think..

It was really nice that the band hanged with you without being "scared" by their fans.
I guess that was the dream of your life, so I understand all the happiness of those days and of the memories you'll keep.
My impression is that after getting to know them better you'll maybe notice the "normality" of those guys losing a little bit all the aura of mistery and magic that surrounds an idol/rockstar or call it whatever you want.. So after all in the end they are just guys like you with a particular talent for music:)
Needless to say, it's the dream of every fan to get to know the man behind the artist, so consider yourself really lucky:)
Hope that you can keep this friendship in the years despite the distance!

Although, the highlight of my nights was definitely at the House Of Blues Anaheim, where i gave Anders my Katatonia "For Funerals To Come" shirt. His reaction was unforgettable. It looked a little something like this:
1404001290_l.jpg

[note: the reaction on this picture is for the Katatonia "Shadow Death" shirt that i am wearing on the night of the Hollywood show]

oh there is nothing in this world that can ever rob me of those memories...
there is much more but it's so hard to put into words b/c it just leaves me speechless... :)

Wow, that's great. Just look at Anders. Must have been very emotional. You gave him the shirt? Is it a shirt he doesn't have anymore?
@Reece
Happy for you, too.

You gave him the shirt? Is it a shirt he doesn't have anymore?

yup, gave him the FFTC shirt w/ the red logo [i think Reece is wearing one in one of the pictures he's posted]. I asked him if he had one and he said he has the one with the purple logo which is the second version of that shirt.

and it was emotional, but not the "i'm about to cry" emotional... It was more of the "I just made Anders real happy and that is the best feeling in the world" kind of emotion.

so has anyone else had the chance of meeting Katatonia on this tour? i'd like to hear more stories too! :)

Wow!...
That's pretty special, say what'd you get up to?
I'd like to be friends with Katatonia, I bet they are a laugh. Jonas says Sicily is his favourite place in the world (i'm from there), maybe next time they venture there I'll get the same thing!!
A comment for the losing the aura thing... of course they're people like everyone else, but that special thing is there, underneath, not lost.
But of course if you can't see it...

I can just repeat what some others already said: I'm really really happy for you Reece and also sparrowsblood ... and Venenum Veritas and everyone else who got a dream concerning this band come true.
I never doubted them to be nice guys ... and that's what I also experienced [of course while being all confused and fangirlish... talking rubbish... :Smug: :loco:] but it's always great to hear such stories ... and I can just imagine how you must feel Reece.

About what ether said... I used to make a fuss about every musician I got to know in the past... it was always a great thing, something that still made me smile when thinking about it months later... I am happy to say that I met all my fave musicians/idols so far and that most of them were really nice [and some were the nicest people on earth I got to know by now]... some more and some less.
Unfortunately I also had to experience the bad side... there was a band I really loved a few years ago, I got too close [not my fault... I wasn't stalking or something (;] and got to know those musicians' true characters & personalities... listening to their music makes me aggressive and feel uncomfortable nowadays.... though I would objectively say it's something I should like... but I can't anymore... I dislike them so very much because of those guys... I almost hate them... or maybe I do. Sad for the music to which I connected so many nice moments of my life.
I wish no one here to ever get into something like this... doesn't matter with which band. Never.

All the best =)

new plan......going to conecticut for their last show in the U.S.......about a 13 hour drive......but we cant just let them go without seeing them one more time.....obsessed?...maybe.....dedicated?.....for sure:)

new plan = good plan ;)
good luck out there, I hope the last show is something special! like in holland when the whole crew came up on stage during Murder:headbang:

Didn't get to meet them, now I wish I did, but you could tell they were awesome guys. They just looked like they were having so much fun up there on stage, they were all singing along for most of the songs. And Jonas was so appreciative of all the fans being there. I just thought that was really cool. Cheers to them for not being stuck up rock star assholes ^_^