OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend a decent book that Mr King has written in the last ten years. I mean one with a decent ending. Nothing i've read recently is a patch on Salems lot, The Shining, Dead zone. What happened to a decent ending???? He just can't seem to write an ending anymore. Maybe like Clive Barker he writes fantasy more these days and my narrow minded blinkered mind won't accept this....

I just finished reading Death and a penguin, which I can recommend. If nothing else it will make you want to adopt a penguin.

...and just incase the world ends in two minutes the last word would be penguin.

Bodylouseuk-You need to talk to Tad. He's the reason I don't get any sleep any more (unfortunately not always in the way I wish :D ) He's currently got me wrapped up in the Stand and before that GreenMile (I still haven't seen that movie). And bRaT's always bitching about the amount of stuff he makes her read. (How the hell does he do that?)

Yes I've read The Stand, but that was written in his golden age.I may try The Green Mile next...

Reading James Ellroy- American Tabloid at the moment

....and what happened? I go away for a bit, return, and Thraxdudes some sort of sexual studmuffin...How did this happen...or was it always there just waiting to rear its head out of murky waters.....

Penguin

Hmm...StudMuffin.........

Also check out this thread, you might find something good What are you reading?

chinstrap_penguin1.jpg

Bodylouseuk said:
Can anyone recommend a decent book that Mr King has written in the last ten years. I mean one with a decent ending. Nothing i've read recently is a patch on Salems lot, The Shining, Dead zone. What happened to a decent ending???? He just can't seem to write an ending anymore. Maybe like Clive Barker he writes fantasy more these days and my narrow minded blinkered mind won't accept this....

I just finished reading Death and a penguin, which I can recommend. If nothing else it will make you want to adopt a penguin.

...and just incase the world ends in two minutes the last word would be penguin.

The Green Mile is the best book since The Stand, I think......

Status
Not open for further replies.