Other Favorite Bands Besides our #1 Opeth =)

1. Opeth
2. Jethro Tull
3. Enslaved
4. Pelican
5. Alcest
6. Wolves in the Throne Room
7. Circa Survive

^hot list. If I was doing an all time list Tull would be right up there. My list was way too long, generally without getting carried away as I like a lot of bands. In terms of contemporary active bands...
1- Opeth
2- Ulver
3- Deathspell Omega
4- Radiohead
5- Alcest
6- Sigur Ros
7- Portishead
8- Negura Bunget
9- Wolves in the Throne Room
10- PT/Blackfield
After that there are way to many bands I like at a similar level for any rankings to be made.

^hot list. If I was doing an all time list Tull would be right up there. My list was way too long, generally without getting carried away as I like a lot of bands. In terms of contemporary active bands...
1- Opeth
2- Ulver
3- Deathspell Omega
4- Radiohead
5- Alcest
6- Sigur Ros
7- Portishead
8- Negura Bunget
9- Wolves in the Throne Room
10- PT/Blackfield
After that there are way to many bands I like at a similar level for any rankings to be made.

shit! i forgot Negura Bunget on my list. and ive been listening to OM a bunch this week.

Om is such an unbelievable masterpiece. I don't know if my brain will be able to deal with the new one if its better. 'n was pretty perfect, Om is a little better imo, far out if they get better.

Amorphis
In Flames
Katatonia
Lacrimosa
Lake of Tears
Anathema
Draconian
Dream Theater
Rhapsody (of Fire)
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius

and many more

In no order:

Amon Amarth
Agalloch
Death
Bloodbath
Buckethead
Graveworm
Behemoth
Windir

And I could go on for a while...

Om is such an unbelievable masterpiece. I don't know if my brain will be able to deal with the new one if its better. 'n was pretty perfect, Om is a little better imo, far out if they get better.

i know! im almost scared to hear the new album. will we be able to handle such a record?!??!

I am so glad that Negura Bunget are making such a great music......their music puts our country, Romania, in the map of metal.
Black metal-ul romanesc este uimitor!:headbang:

i know! im almost scared to hear the new album. will we be able to handle such a record?!??!
I hope so, given how much it will dominate. Exactly the same situation with Dso, Smrc is pretty much perfect, kenose is perfect, fas is other worldly, far out if they get better as well! Wittr same deal as well, not to mention Alcest, fuck me if he out does Souvenirs.

-tool
-porcupine tree
-rush
-katatonia
-dream theater
-katatonia
-radiohead
-NIN
-mars volta
-bloodbath
-lamb of god
-karnivool
-ISIS
-Nickel Creek
-A Perfect Circle
-Soilwork

black sabbath, radiohead, yes, 16 horsepower, elton john, nick drake, joni mitchell, camel, genesis, bathory,judas priest, porcupine tree, Tool,ulver, king crimson, led zeppelin,the zombies, the beatles, the mars volta. many many more. but just a few of my top favorites.

maybe in order...
Bach... Silvio Rodríguez... Pat Metheny... Pink Floyd... Michael Gulezian... Opeth... and more...

edit: i always find myself forgetting so many artist

Nevermore would probably me my #2, or enslaved but...

no order, average day playlist...

opeth, Nevermore, type o negative, enslaved, alice in chains+soundgarden, BLS, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Agalloch, Candlemass, fear factory, Clutch and Pantera.

edit: any almost all blues guitarists. im always down for some bb king, stevie etc...

Nevermore would probably me my #2, or enslaved but...

no order, average day playlist...

opeth, Nevermore, type o negative, enslaved, alice in chains+soundgarden, BLS, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Agalloch, Candlemass, fear factory, Clutch and Pantera.

edit: any almost all blues guitarists. im always down for some bb king, stevie etc...

Candlesmass are one of my other past time favorites, alot of their older stuff.

Symphony X is my favorite band (not sure why, but I really connect with their stuff), and Opeth comes in right behind them. All other bands simply don't compare. I used to like Dream Theater but eventually got sick of their wanking.