Favorite Bands?

I have so many bands I love, tough where to start.

Dream Theater
Strapping Young Lad
Devin Townsend Band
Pearl Jam
Sonata Arctica
Porcupine Tree

As for black metal bands people are more used to...

Woods of Ypres (of course)
Borknagar
Enslaved
Windir
Summoning
Wolves in the Throne Room
Forest Silence
Bathory

I also love tons of folk and folk metal stuff, like Agalloch, Tenhi, Fejd, and Asmegin, to name a few.

Arcane Sun(only released 1 album, anyone who hasn't heard this get it by any means necessary, and I mean any means)

You know that album? A friend turned me onto it. I use to think we were the only 2 people in the world who had heard it. I was inspired and awed by that album so much so that it's where I pulled my alias from. Not many people know of that album. It has become a lost metal relic buried in time. :) :headbang:

^To the above post. Yeah, I always wondered if your name was taken from that album, but yes I am another one of not so many people who have heard the album. It's definitely underated, and easily one the the best albums I have ever heard.

So many bands...I have to go with alphabetical order rather than trying to rank them.

Adorned Brood, Agalloch, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Blind Guardian, Catamenia, Dissection, Dragonlord, Drudkh, Emperor, Ensiferum, Enslaved, Falkenbach, Finntroll, Månegarm, Moonsorrow, Old Man's Child, Opeth, Primordial, Solefald, Windir, Woods of Ypres, Vreid

Not-quite-as-metal-as-the-other-list bands:

Camel, Garmarna, Pain, Riverside, Uriah Heep

Or did you mean, "Arcturus"? :lol:

Either way, thanks for the promotion, man!

And also, to anyone reading this, check out Shadar Logoth's myspace page. They've got a demo out now that is really worth a listen. Especially boasting tracks like "In the Throneroom of our Enemy" and my personal favourite, "Of the Lanterns." :headbang: These guys have a great atmosphere going on in their music.

www.myspace.com/shadarlogoth

Or did you mean, "Arcturus"? :lol:

Either way, thanks for the promotion, man!

And also, to anyone reading this, check out Shadar Logoth's myspace page. They've got a demo out now that is really worth a listen. Especially boasting tracks like "In the Throneroom of our Enemy" and my personal favourite, "Of the Lanterns." :headbang: These guys have a great atmosphere going on in their music.

www.myspace.com/shadarlogoth

lol the Wheel of Time band-name boom continues!

Pain?

As in 'Hypocrisy-Tägtgren´s' Pain? I´d say there´s still quite a bit of
metal in it...

You're right, it does have some metal in it, but I feel the electronic/industrial overshadows it. But, it is there nonetheless. I'll fix my list for you.

lol the Wheel of Time band-name boom continues!

I've heard of Lanfear, a power metal act; Myrddraal, an Australian black metal band; and now Shadar Logoth. That's 3. :lol:

I'd be interested to hear some more though.

Here's pretty much my A-list of bands (besides Woods)

Ahab
Agalloch
Bloodbath
Boris
Daylight Dies
Devin Townsend
Diabolical Masquerade
Disembowelment
Dolorian
Electric Wizard
Enslaved
Evoken