Kayo Dot
Cursive
Pelican
Dredg
Phobia
Sinaloa
Snapcase
High on Fire

Even though about 80% of what I listen to anymore is metal (typically black, folk/viking, doom and sludge), I still hold the non-metal bands on my list in high regard as they helped shape the musical tastes which I adhere to today.

All time favs / In the beginning...(high school)

Type O Negative
Amorphis
DOWN
Crowbar
Pantera
Metallica

Then it was: (My University years, the discovering of Euro / black metal, the founding of Woods, working the metal section at a CD store, studying, drinking heavily, questioning / over-thinking everything, etc...)

Borknagar* (HUGELY influential in the early years!)
Anathema
Vintersorg
Solefald
Arcturus
Immortal
Katatonia
Sentenced
Jerry Cantrell

Now: Working, clear head, open mind.

Too many to name! I'm all over the place, from Behemoth and Necrophagist to stoner metal to electronica. Small doses from a wide spectrum. :cool:

My favourite bands are all over the place these days!

Bathory
Black Sabbath
Primordial
Colour Haze
Pentagram
Kyuss
Katatonia
Comus
Boris
Slough Feg
Hammers of Misfortune

i can't get enough of any of these bands!

The Lord Weird Slough Feg are so awesome. I would have listed them, but all I have at this time is Atavism and the split 7" they did with Ironsword (who also rule!). Once I get more of their stuff, I'll most likely be able to say that they're one of my favorite bands.

I need to check out Hammers of Misfortune as well. I've heard nothing but good things about them and with the Slough Feg connection, I'm sure all the good things I've heard are accurately grounded.

Goddamn it Burning Missive, you have so much awesome music to discover from those two bands, you're in for a serious wallet-gouging (but its worth evert cent!)

David, just curious, what is your favourite Anathema release? I have heard Serenades and The Silent Enigma, while I think The Silent Enigma is a better album, Sleepless is definitely my favourite song.

Immortal, Woods of Ypres, Bathory, Enslaved, My Dying Bride, Dream Evil, The Meads Of Asphodel, Nortt, Running Wild, Sigh, and many many more

but when i'm not listening to metal i like all sorts of other artists: Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against The Machine, Sol Invictus, ...AYWKUBTTOD, John Coltrane, Frank Zappa, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a few others.

My favourite bands are all over the place these days!

Bathory
Black Sabbath
Primordial
Colour Haze
Pentagram
Kyuss
Katatonia
Comus
Boris
Slough Feg
Hammers of Misfortune

i can't get enough of any of these bands!

Awesome, a Kyuss sighting! I wish they'd reunite...

Boris, Woods of Ypres, Converge, High on Fire, The Creepshow, Botch, HORSE the Band, ISIS, The Sword, Black Sabbath, Motorhead. All over the place, really.