Other Favourite Bands

Oh, that explains your avatar... :D

I'm not a big fan o power metal. I especially dislike Stratovarius and Rhapsody (of Fire, Water, Steel - whatever). But there are some OK-ish bands and songs.

Fuck you man :D Stratovarius are awesome - Destiny, Against The Wind, Phoenix, Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace?, Forever Free, Eagleheart, Freedom... man, I could go on and on, they're just fucking awesome, end of :D as for Rhapsody... I love their first couple of albums, but I'm indifferent to the rest. I didn't really like the deep symphonic direction they took.

Helloween and Gamma Ray are awesome. Love Kai Hansen! Stratovarius are great too, especially some of their newer proggier stuff. Now Sonata Arctica I don't really care for, always saw them as a lesser version of Strat. And who can forget Blind Guardian. :D Been listening to them a lot lately. Dark Empire and Savage Circus are also great, with that singer who sounds so much like Hansi.

Yeah boi :D I adore Ecliptica by Sonata Arctica, amazing album... IMO they were very good until Unia, and from then they became absolute trash.

Blind Guardian are cool, I was very impressed with them live as well.

One of my favourite bands is Freedom Call... and I get shit for that all the time, but I don't care.... even if they're the most unoriginal assholes ever, I absolutely love them :D

Blind Guardian rocks! :D

as for Rhapsody... I love their first couple of albums, but I'm indifferent to the rest. I didn't really like the deep symphonic direction they took.

What!!? You are not true follower of the path of the ancient evil from the ancient world that shall be destroyed when super ancient hero re-emerges from the ancient legend hidden in the ancient cave along with ancient swords and armors guarded by very ancient dark golem and even more ancient and dark wizard with ancient long beard and pointy hat... The power of the wind rules as dragons burn the shit out of poor people in their ancient huts, and virgins hide in the ancient rivers... Fuck it...You get the point. :D (put four arpeggios and 12 layers of orchestra in there and it's a brand new Rhapsody album)

It is almost as gay as Hammerfall... Farts on fire...

What!!? You are not true follower of the path of the ancient evil from the ancient world that shall be destroyed when super ancient hero re-emerges from the ancient legend hidden in the ancient cave along with ancient swords and armors guarded by very ancient dark golem and even more ancient and dark wizard with ancient long beard and pointy hat... The power of the wind rules as dragons burn the shit out of poor people in their ancient huts, and virgins hide in the ancient rivers... Fuck it...You get the point. :D (put four arpeggios and 12 layers of orchestra in there and it's a brand new Rhapsody album)

It is almost as gay as Hammerfall... Farts on fire...

Sounds like a cool story, bro :D

I'm seeing Hammerfall at Bloodstock this year... can't wait :D

OMG power metal fans everywhere...Shoot 'em! :D

What do you guys think of Mastodon?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilz-4mtdpOM&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mastodon is cool! I like their Leviathan album the most I'd say, but all their albums are great really. I'll have to listen to them some more, haven't lately. Also you guys ever listen to the Black Dahlia Murder? I heard they were good so I listened to a couple of their albums last night. I'd say they're pretty good, I love the screaming vocals, death growls aren't too bad either. The songs I couldn't tell apart too much but that's probably because they were so short and fast. Going to listen to their newest album tonight, heard great things about it.

^ not sure if you're joking. But, I do like Kalmah a lot. I honestly think that the intro riff for Hades might be my favorite riff ever.

EDIT: Heroes to Us has a sweet ass riff as well. Kalmah are really fucking good.

Fantasy stuff for all geeks. :D

Hey guys, I'm a casual In Flames fan but i'm hoping to get more of their discog soon. Some of my other favorite metal bands are elvenking, divine heresy, firewind, meshuggah, mutiny within, 3 inches of blood, and scar symmetry. I like a lot more but i'm at work so if you want you can check out what I listen to here:

www.last.fm/user/orcslayr23

feel free to add me if you'd like

Forget BVB...

These shredding muthafuckas are where it's at :kickass: come on A88, let's start a moshpit!!!!!!

Awesome... Wait 'till I get my dancing shoes...

558343622_PwHZz-M-1.jpg

:devil:

On more serious note... WTF!!? How did they come up with chorus as gay and childish like this. Lady Gaga is hardcore for this shit.

Fuck that! Watch this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kUhWKtpxSc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Now we can grow our beards back!

Oh yeah, cool stuff:

Haha yeah... kinda sad the guy who screams for DBD was (is?) the vocalist for Nightrage :eek:

Haha yeah... kinda sad the guy who screams for DBD was (is?) the vocalist for Nightrage :eek:
Was. Tomas Lindberg (ATG) was on the first 2 albums, then Jimmie was on one and since then on the last 2 albums it has been a Swede/Finn guy called Antony Hämäläinen. Nice band btw, especially the album and title track Descent Into Chaos.

Yeah, Nightrage are an awesome band. A shame they couldn't keep Lindberg as vocalist, though.

Epic.

Sorry for double posts. Does anybody like this? Sounds interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKyzwqIT7s&feature=feedu[/ame]

We all know Soilwork, and whether you like The Pittsburgh Syndrome or not, I think this video is pretty awesome. Also, it's pretty fucking cool that the song is about the city in which I live.