Other heavy bands

ksn.raze

New Metal Member
Dec 6, 2003
Ive been listening to Amon Amarth lately, and love For the Stabwounds in our Backs, Bloodshed and Death in Fire. I find it hard to find other good heavy bands that don't suck. I like the musical part of Amarth but i don't especially like the singing aspect. I downloaded some Cradle of Filth and Lamb of god, but didn't really like it. Im into bands with nice heavy guitar, like Metallica, Korn, system of a down, Fear Factory, a bit of OTEP, Static-X, and tool. I also have to say i love it when the drummer goes crazy with his bass drums :headbang: .

Well, if you want heavy riffs and heavy drumming, but you dont like growling, I would say that you've got yourself a problem :p

ksn.raze said:
. Im into bands with nice heavy guitar, like Metallica, Korn, system of a down, Fear Factory, a bit of OTEP, Static-X, and tool. I also have to say i love it when the drummer goes crazy with his bass drums :headbang: .
After reading the name of those bands, I reckon you must have landed on the wrong board. But hey if Korn has heavy guitar then I guess I need to go get me a beer asap.
At least you enjoy AA which is already a good start. Fear Factory is also a good choice although I only like their early stuff soul of a new machine and demanufacture.

I just like the way Korn's bass guitar plays it..it gives it more of a ronchy kind of sound.

What the hell is Fuck Head.

Headbangers Ball is a show on MTV2 isn't it?

Aren't there any bands that play heavy metal but don't always scream? I don't mind the growling...the growl in Death in Fire is awesome, i just like it when i can understand what they are saying...

sorry ksn.raze.... you are gonna get flamed unfortunately by everyone because you are new to metal apparently, and since you like bands that a lot of people hate.... its pretty stupid, I know....

but some advice.... try and get used to the growls, you might grow to like them.... and when you do, there's a whole fucking world of metal just waiting to be discovered....

lol. Im sorry, but paganblood, you are being ridiculous. Completely unreasonable. I would love to get into a fight and flame you for your flavour of music but whats the point. It would degenerate my thread.

Maybe i should rephrase the question...Are there any bands with good instrumental talent that don't consistently scream? Growls are fine, but i don't like it when all they do is yell and scream, where the musical talent fails, and its simply..screaming with a boring guitar and same stupid drum rythm. I can put up with Amon Amarth because theres good guitar along with the singing, but a lot of the other shit i've downloaded sounds like crap because the guitar sucks. I like the low voice Amon Amarth gives, but a lot of the other stuff has some high pitched screaming vocals that to me, simply sound like shit.

PaganBlood said:
I'm not even going to bother with you ksn. If you like those bands and the shit they do you do not know anything and should not be worthy to listen to Amon Amarth.
Paganblood, come on dont be so harsh, we all listened to silly bands and such when we were younger? didn't we all? so give the kid a break and let's just ... chant and drink mead and hail the true metal spirit.

check around the whoul UM community boards for good metal, most has growling, but there is a ton of good instrumental material. If you really can't get used to growls (they are growls, not "screams", and trust me you'd be missing out on a lot of great music) then check out some Nevermore, all clean voice.... you should definately check out Opeth.... awesome guitars, melodies, heavy sections, the vocals switch between a low growl and very well sung vocals....

dont give up on the vocals, they are always the hardest part for people to get into metal, but a lot of people grow to like them

Iron What?

heavy metal.... dont growl/scream hmm..... uhhhh...... slayer maybe?

why dont you like the screams and growls? you prefer vocals that sound like they crying and having there nuts twisted off by the grip of a vulcan? closest thing i can think of is like... king diamond... (most ppl like him, i just hate his voice... hurts me ears) maybe youd like some new amorphis... plenty of girlish singing in there... maybe your lookin for somethin more along the lines of like... pantera? they dont cry... dont growl... dun, dun dun dun dun, re, dun, dun dun dun dun, spect...

FF always did have one of my favorite albums ever though, Demanufacture. i always like that album. good to see im not the only one.

hmm... i think the problem here is there is way too much ignorance floating about... but i wont flame ksn today. i suggest you start with older bands: iron maiden, slayer and you know all that jazz(or metal as the case may be) and work your way up to the present day.

ksn.raze said:
Ive been listening to Amon Amarth lately, and love For the Stabwounds in our Backs, Bloodshed and Death in Fire. I find it hard to find other good heavy bands that don't suck. I like the musical part of Amarth but i don't especially like the singing aspect. I downloaded some Cradle of Filth and Lamb of god, but didn't really like it. Im into bands with nice heavy guitar, like Metallica, Korn, system of a down, Fear Factory, a bit of OTEP, Static-X, and tool. I also have to say i love it when the drummer goes crazy with his bass drums :headbang: .

Jesus christ that gave me a headache reading that. So you're in to fag metal then, right? Go back to Hot Topic with all the other 13 year olds and "jam" to your queerboy radio metal. That list of bands sounds like one big circle-jerk... they are all complete embarassments.
Oh and be sure to update us on the Grammys... i'm sure you'll be watching it.

Thanks to you who posted some bands...finally i start getting some suggestions.

Amarthus and Pagan suck suck my balls for all i care. Who the fuck cares what music i listen to? Don't get yourselves a boner raving about my apparent circle jerk bands. If you were on "normal" band forums people would think that your a gothic loser with no job who lives with his two dads in their trailor.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll check them out. About iron maiden; they're alright, i just don't have a attraction to more than 4-5 songs. Slayer is a good band, plenty of good songs from them.