Other heavy bands

Ok ksn. Now you should really get the shit beaten out of you. How old are you? 12? on "normal" band forums? WTF??? Its fuckheads like you that just wreck good bands! Fuckhead fans who think they know everything but just are too big for there own shoes. If i'm the only person on here who thinks your a complete fuckhead i will be very suprised. I dont even really know why i am taking the time to kick the shit out of you, i guess i am just sick of dickheads like you. And no i dont live with my dad, no i dont live in a trailer park and yes i have a job. A lot better job than you i bet, i pay my own way with life, which i bet you dont so in my perspective i think im up on you in everyway. So how are them apples? BTW even if i did live with my dad in a trailer park with no job, how does that make me a less fan of the best band in the world? AMON AMARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ksn, try Dying Fetus...haha, no but seriously, check out Testament, they have some similarities to Metallica. Return to Serenity might be a good song to get you started on them.

How does your whole paragraph trying to cover up make me less of a fan of Amon Amarth?

I don't know why you started flaming me off for no reason...sorry for asking a question. How am i wrecking Amon Amarth? By asking about other good bands?

Of course you won't be the only one who doesn't like what i listen to...This is a heavy metal forum, not a Tom Petty forum. People on this forum like heavy metal, and are going to agree with you that the growling is the way to go. I could flame the music that i think sucks...but only 2 out of about 11+ people who has replied on this thread haven't been trying to flame and do nothing to help.

You need to check out Satanic Warmaster, Katharsis, Ohtar etc... ;) that might be to your liking.....oh whoops, you're more into mad kunt music aren't you? Try Joe Cocker & Keith Richards, they are pretty mad. ahhhh fuck me i am bored

ksn.raze said:
Of course you won't be the only one who doesn't like what i listen to...This is a heavy metal forum.
Sorry, to reply, but dude, this AA board is not heavy metal, heavy metal is a generic term that applies to anything cheesy back in the 80's out of gas bands. Amon Amarth is not heavy metal, it might be so on MTV but here it is death metal ......
I agree we all had to start somewhere but pls dont use the term heavy metal around here. Heavy metal is the first sign that will somehow show people that you are a noob to the underground DM & BM scene.
Anyways, cheers to that .... Jagermeister never tasted so good.

Belgar said:
Sorry, to reply, but dude, this AA board is not heavy metal, heavy metal is a generic term that applies to anything cheesy back in the 80's out of gas bands.

Have any of you seen that killer show on VH1 about so called 80's heavy metal bands; Aerosmith, Twisted Sister, Poison, and some others? Whoever labeld them that? I understand those were 80s but even then those bands shouldn't be considered Heavy or not even Metal. Fuckin' Aerosmith being Metal. This is laughable, give me a break.

Okay, that band wouldn't fit to your "I-DONT-LIKE-SCREAMING-AND-GRUNTS" but try The Crown. Some heavy shit for people without a brain, 'cuz it was blown away:)

AND OF COURSE, DEATH!!! (fuck, Chuck screams again....man, do you know how hard that is with ur likes?)
But...a DM-Head isn't a DM-Head without knowing Death. At least to me:)
That band would fit to your "I-DONT-LIKE-EASY-LISTENING-SHIT".

Perhaps death metal is generally wrong for you...Then try some thrash...Give at least Kreator a chance. Mille screams too, but perhaps you'll like the rest:)

BUT you know what?
Go to the next libraries with a section for music and look for metal cds.
Read some underground metal mags (online, printed - doesn't matter), visit www.librariusmetallicus.com, look around at this side, point randomly on a name and download some songs. With this method you'll find something.
Okay, costs some time, but I'm sure you have enough:) Its christmas time, right? So I really think you have enough:)

Added: Hypocrisy (okay, Peter screams and growls like the rest, but yeah...what to do with somebody who wants heavy guitars and not the mentioned singing style...) got me into DM, perhaps the same functions with you:)
Try the Catch22 LP and then try other Hypo stuff. And then other bands:) The Catch isn't pure DM, but I'm sure that you could like it. Got a friend of mine into death metal with this release:)

This above stuff is meant serious! Okay, some comments are a bit sarcastic, but I think you understand me:)

But as Sunlapse said before, give this style a chance.
BTW, why immature? Okay, some shit is it, but what to do with somebody who comes up, raises his middle finger (good, he has to defend himself 'cuz the attack of the others wasn't that nice - he could have ignored it, but he hasn't, so he has chosen the path of war), and screams for help...

Eisbär said:
Ähmmmm, no. I'm a born Quaker & Doomer:) RtCW is nice, too and I on it, but I haven't a flatrate, so online-gaming is really seldom 'cuz expensive.
AND my fucked up RedHat8 Linux has some serious issues (Nvidia drivers, kernel version, and KT400 - all things which cause them) I can't fix at the moment, but perhaps later this is possible:)

Might be that I have Mandrake 9.2 in some days/weeks. I only need to ask someone with a flat to DL that for me:)
Perhaps then the whole shit will function.

I was going to stay out of this, but....Iron Maiden is only alright? 4 or 5 songs? Dude, start over, make sure you're listening to the right albums, like the s/t, number of the beast, piece of mind, powerslave, etc. I know I'm totally biased because Maiden was one of the bands that I started with, but they really helped create one of the best blueprints for what you're talking about: great guitar/instrumental work w/ regular vocals. Also try The Chemical Wedding, it's Bruce Dickinson's most recent solo album, the best clean vocals you can find, plus it's fucking heavy, moreso than Maiden imo.

My dad listens to Iron Maiden, but i haven't been totally into the older stuff too much. I'll go back and listen to some IM songs again, i haven't listened to them in a while; i'm probably missing out on some gems.

ksn.raze said:
lol. Im sorry, but paganblood, you are being ridiculous. Completely unreasonable. I would love to get into a fight and flame you for your flavour of music but whats the point. It would degenerate my thread.

Maybe i should rephrase the question...Are there any bands with good instrumental talent that don't consistently scream? Growls are fine, but i don't like it when all they do is yell and scream, where the musical talent fails, and its simply..screaming with a boring guitar and same stupid drum rythm. I can put up with Amon Amarth because theres good guitar along with the singing, but a lot of the other shit i've downloaded sounds like crap because the guitar sucks. I like the low voice Amon Amarth gives, but a lot of the other stuff has some high pitched screaming vocals that to me, simply sound like shit.

Screaming with a boring guitar? What the fuck? You listen to Static X and Korn man! If you can't take the vocals, you fail...stick with your shitty trendy MTV rock music.

Theres a lot more exposure to bands like Static-X and Korn than heavier bands like Amon Amarth.

A lot of thanks to Supermoi, those bands fit my interests almost exactly.

Seriously, try The Chemical Wedding, writing that post reminded me to go listen to it, Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith obviously rock, but the Tribe of Gypsies kick ass on that album, just listen to The Tower, it's a great song

i think music is very personal so my friend can listen to everything he wants...listen to bands that u like and don't give a shit what the other people say...i don't like the bands u mentioned but i respect ur opinion...

Grave Digger - Twilight of the gods