Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Clip C

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

JakeAC5253

Frozen Sun Audio
Nov 19, 2010
I voted B, hands down..
I suck at knowing good pedals for this and that, so I can't say it's a tjingtjong-pedal with xfp-chip..
But B sounds good.. :)
It's B, C and lastly A.. in that order..

Alright be honest, how many of you heard the first few seconds of the first clip and said "AWWW SHIITTT ROSE OF SHARYYYYYNNNNN FUCK" and ran the fuck out??? :lol:

I voted B, hands down..
I suck at knowing good pedals for this and that, so I can't say it's a tjingtjong-pedal with xfp-chip..
But B sounds good.. :)
It's B, C and lastly A.. in that order..

Thanks for your honesty :D

Alright be honest, how many of you heard the first few seconds of the first clip and said "AWWW SHIITTT ROSE OF SHARYYYYYNNNNN FUCK" and ran the fuck out??? :lol:

Thanks for your honesty :D

No problem.. :)
It's always cool of people to make these kind of things, one might learn a lot..

But yeah, 154 views and 4 votes.. people don't vote enough..

Btw, I listened through AKG K271studio headphones..

Voted B because I thought it was a little bit tighter, but honestly, I barely heard any difference between those 3 clips. If I had to guess which pedals these were, I would say TS7, TS9 and Maxon 808.

Thanks for the test!

Ok, so here are the results. I used only two different overdrives. Overdrive A is a Maxon OD808, Overdrive B is a project overdrive of mine that I am designing. For clip C I utilized a bit of psychoacoustics that I often like doing to widen an aggressive mix such as this. For clip C, I put overdrive A on the left and overdrive B to the right, and the leads are also processed through overdrive B. The result is that your brain perceives a sort of conjugate EQ curve on the rhythm guitar parts which adds a bit of stereo wideness and the leads stand out a bit more. The effect would be greater if I had used a third differently voiced overdrive for the leads. All other details are listed in the OP except for the fact that all rhythm tracks had conservative HP/LP filtering and a midrange dip post pro. I am expecting an OD820 here shortly, and when it arrives I will repeat this comparison using three overdrives instead of two as a tone test for myself. I can post the results if there is interest?

Well I think the volume levels aren't the same on these tracks. Which ofcourse is because the pedals affect it. That being said I think they all sound just as good. I think the A clip was the best volume balance for the mix so I voted for that. B was loudest and I get why many would vote for that.

Well I think the volume levels aren't the same on these tracks. Which ofcourse is because the pedals affect it. That being said I think they all sound just as good. I think the A clip was the best volume balance for the mix so I voted for that. B was loudest and I get why many would vote for that.

I hear what you mean, both overdrives were dialed for unity gain when reamping though, so any perceived loudness differences between clips is just that. If one is sticking out more, it's because its EQ curve is making it seem more up front.

I hear what you mean, both overdrives were dialed for unity gain when reamping though, so any perceived loudness differences between clips is just that. If one is sticking out more, it's because its EQ curve is making it seem more up front.

Ok cool! :)