Overwhelmed by Music?

Well I am glad that I am not the only one on this forum who feels the way I do. I am discovering new stuff every day and I'm sure the same goes for most of us on here.

Sometimes I feel frustrated by the vast amount of music, but as I have discovered more and more music, including recently a lot of non metal stuff, and as I have relented to the ease of downloading, I am mostly happy that there is so much out there for me to enjoy.

im annoyed at how fucking broke my ass is in that i can only afford a pathetic 8GB ipod, which is not even close to the amount of space i need.

You know, if you had a Zen you could just buy an SD card later on to up your memory. :)

Ah, it's mostly due to time and priorities. I don't have all that much time to listen to music. Not nearly enough to even fully explore the music I own, much less the music I keep buying, and even less to discover something new every day. Tbh I wouldn't mind going out to our spare room/building every day after work for a couple of hours to listen to music and possibly have a couple of beers. But family life doesn't really allow that, and that is ok.

I have a Zune and I wish they had the 120GB out when I bought the 80GB last January. SD cards are small potatos for music.

You can get them with up to 32GB of capacity I think. That's not very small. Of course you could easily fill that up, but I doubt you'd feel any great lack of variety in your loadout unless you're extremely picky.

I couldn't be happier about it... discovering music is a hobby that has no end. I will be entertained by it forever.
Exactly. I could seriously quit my job and surf the net for the remainder of the day searching for new bands, downloading etc and never get bored of it. If my girlfriend read this she would flip out :lol:

I am constantly discovering new music and the shit i like, i write down and tack onto a board in my room, then when its time to order some new stuff i just choose a name from the list according to what i wanna listen to whether it be black metal, industrial or folk,viking metal. Unless i really have been wanting something (like the new Funeral Mist album) goddamn i need a fucking job

It sucks for me because I have to balance money that goes to CDs and money that goes towards musical equipment and money that goes towards college, and I have no job.
Hoping to make a pretty significant haul soon, though.

Exactly. I could seriously quit my job and surf the net for the remainder of the day searching for new bands, downloading etc and never get bored of it. If my girlfriend read this she would flip out :lol:

Your girfriend? Shit, my girfriend knows that metal is before her.

The fact that there is so much bands out there to discover that make masterpiece metal in itself makes me happy. It is an infinite satisfactory, and the more bands I listen to the more I know that something may still suprise me.

Does anyone ever feel overwhelmed by the amount of music available?
YES!!
These last weeks I've been like, holy fuck, there are so many great bands out there! Been checking Youtube a lot and there are bands that I loved, from practically every friggin' subgenre! The shitty point, though, is that you can't find any decent metal releases here in my country and the first and only time I ordered some stuff from the Internet, it never arrived. So, no matter how much oh a pissoff this is, I just keep on downloading like crazy and there's still a bunch of stuff I had in my computer and didn't yet listen to, cause there is SO much material. This kind of moments kinda mess you up like hell. You don't even know what the hell you should start with.