Own Pictures Thread

Its the same in Norway, and iirc in the news earlier this year they said that the past 10 years worth of people registering out of the christian state church in norway, didnt count because of some failiure fags. That sparked a lot of rage lol. I guess the state church is clinging onto every member now, the "official" count of christians in norway is like 45%, but considering like 40 of those % are there only because they got baptized as a kid, Norway is hardly a christian country anymore. Officially we're still a christian nation though :/

I guess the state church is clinging onto every member now, the "official" count of christians in norway is like 45%, but considering like 40 of those % are there only because they got baptized as a kid, Norway is hardly a christian country anymore. Officially we're still a christian nation though :/

Only 40%? In Finland it's about 80%, but due to same reasons as you. You get baptized in childhood and later you don't see no reason to get rid of the church membership. But I believe most of christians in Finland stay in church, just because of social pressure and customs. Only few are tr00 christians here.

40 of the 45 total lol, which makes it(theoretically) like 95% of non christians, though there are ofcourse several % of other misc religions, few are tr00 christians here too. But the social pressure and customs thing is prevalent here too, theres also the thing that if you get rid of your church membership you cannot get married in a church, so people dont wanna get rid of it in fear that they have to get baptized again in order to get married in a church, or shit like that.

why is it so important for them to get married in a church if they're not even true Christians?

Tradition.

Edit: you got to understand that even if christianity is lulz and omgsountr00, its a big part of Norwegian history and traditions now, i dont myself think this is absolutely fucking awesome, but i can see why people enjoy the churches as nice structures and want to get married in them as a symbolic gesture and a homeage to the traditions of their families.

Personally I enjoy the architecture of churches, and thats it, i have no plans on following any traditions nor getting married in them.

ah ok, so it's more like a pride one has in his/her country and nationality. that pride being shown thru doing something traditional. makes sense.

Essentially, yeah, though few would call this pride. We're a reserved people, but the pride is definitely there.

There isn't a lot of "breaking outside the norm" of society, or calling attention to oneself, within Scandinavian culture.

There isn't a lot of "breaking outside the norm" of society, or calling attention to oneself, within Scandinavian culture.

I lol'd. I think of kids like ensi and caroline who dye their (probably naturally blond) hair pure black. they seem like counterexamples to this statement.

but then again, I guess all kids go thru that "calling attention to oneself" phase by altering their appearance :p

Then again we also have the best living standards in the world, no lulzy crime rates saturated with murder and buttloads of metal/music regarded as superior to any other place(from what i understand, im not the one claiming this)

*shrugs*

Yeah, that's right don't pick on Ensi :p, because at this rate with all the brown people invading Sweden and that area of the world in general, you're gonna have to marry him just to be able to live there legally :lol:

Yeah, and everyone knows only gays want to get married now anyway.
Like children, they only want the ball because they can't have it.