Own Pictures Thread

peekaboo.gif

Cool, doing any weightlifting competitions in the future?
I'm boxing at a local gym 3-4 times a week, I'll probably go 4 times a week for the next month since I have a fight in late November. I did lift weights some before I started boxing, but now I do a little weightwork at the gym, having to move and jump up and down while holding 5 pound weights with both hands for 3 minutes, pushups for 3 minutes straight, lifting up a 180 pound tire, etc...keep in mind this is usually after running 2-4 miles and heavybag work along with possible drills and sparring too.
Since I go to a small gym, I have to wait until 5:30 everyday to train, usually we go until 7:30 but I sometimes will work until 8 or 8:30, I can go to an 11 AM session there that only lasts one hour but that's nothing compared to the real evening training sessions, that's the ones where I get to learn and spar.

I don't think so. I'm more dedicated to studying that bodybuilding.

there's a big difference between getting healthy, get some muscle, liking to exercise, enjoying eating healthy stuff

and

body_builder_22sfw.gif

The guy in the t-shirt looks like Rich Gaspari, he's awesome, but the others look quite terrible :p
But I know what you mean. Most, if not all pros know that they look like freaks.

The extreme roid usage of today equates to some rather unaesthetic bodybuilders. And not to mention they are not really ''healthy'', so you're right, very big difference. I do respect their very hard work with dieting/lifting/lifestyle to achieve what they do though. I used to be very into it myself. Too many people don't realize how difficult that is and think that by taking some juice and pumping a few barbells you overnight become huge, and are ''afraid'' to lift weights for fear that they will look too big, lel.

Agreed.
Have you stopped now or are you just not that into it any more?

I don't think so. I'm more dedicated to studying that bodybuilding.

The guy in the t-shirt looks like Rich Gaspari, he's awesome, but the others look quite terrible :p
But I know what you mean. Most, if not all pros know that they look like freaks.

Agreed.

As far as bodybuilders go its all about Ronnie Coleman, hench and black- what's not too like?
On the topic of gym and ting, I have the annoying problem of trying too put on weight in order to grow, as atm Im 5 ft 9 and a weed :lol: On 3500+ calories a day and still little results, thinking of going onto a weight gainer 1200 calories per shake which is mad for a drink.

As far as bodybuilders go its all about Ronnie Coleman, hench and black- what's not too like?
On the topic of gym and ting, I have the annoying problem of trying too put on weight in order to grow, as atm Im 5 ft 9 and a weed :lol: On 3500+ calories a day and still little results, thinking of going onto a weight gainer 1200 calories per shake which is mad for a drink.

:lol: Ronnie's great but he looked like crap in the last 2 Olympias he competed in :p It's all about Jay Cutler, he looked incredible this year. Massive ripped quads.
And about putting weight on, just eat lots and lots of carbs. Pasta, rice, oats...etc. and you'll start gaining weight in no time. If you're gonna try weight gainers I'd recommend Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition. Best thing you can get for the price. My brother has a small problem gaining weight, he's been on that and he's made awesome gains.

Edit: Here's a pic of Jay Cutler at the 2009 Mr. Olympia

sz8old.jpg

Agreed.

Ah, well I guess you could say I'm still mentally into it in a way. I have the desire in the back of my mind to go lift. Deadlifts were really enjoyable to me. Felt insanely good getting past 3plates with my 1RM in high school. If any lift made me cum day and night like Arnold described, it was that :lol: Shortly after I got addicted to WoW and haven't really ever done lifting since then, which was maybe 2-3 years ago. I may just get back into it, although every time I think about it I think to myself I'd rather stay at home and work on music or relax a bit and watch House or something lol.

So, officially you're still a muslim?

I'm not judging or anything, just interested. How exactly you found your "katharsis"?

I don't know, I'm not sure of the age like I said.
And I always had this voice in the back of my head saying "What if?" and "there is no God", stuff like that. It was only this summer that I actually figured out what I believed, and got the balls to admit it.