OWNED school

Jan 3, 2003
Sydney
just had to share this:
at my rich upper class private school they are holding a music night where all different bands in school get to peform on one night, it is totally student run.
so everyone, bout 20 bands in total auditioned, played their little red hotchilli peppers shit and all that crap, jimmy eat world, green day.... all going ok. THEN, me and my two mates, a drummer and another guitarist, went up and played a bit of Demon Of The Fall, screaming and everything and everyone was like WHAT THE FUCK!!!... it was great fun, owned all their pussy no talent music...we not sure if we've been accepted yet :p

thats fuckin awesome! my band plans on playing for our school (all 1500) sometime this year. in the past its been all of the new found glorys and blink 182s. haha, i wonder if theyre ready for some death metal.... :lol:

we go to cool barker college
@funeral portait and any one else thinking of playing in front of school.... DO IT!! its worth it just for the look on all the punks faces alone when u start screaming or busting out the first riff of Demon!!
i was mega nervous before especially cos i was screaming but when u get in their u'll love it... METAL FOR LIFE!!!!!

I was the drummer for the song, man it owned everyone! Everyone was like 'man that was so cool! All i could hear was BLEARGH BLEARRGHHH BLAEAGHGHG but it rocked anyway!' ROFL

but yeah if anyone else has some gig stories post post post! I wanna hear...

guys, you live in sydney. i go to JMC academy, a really shitty pop music college. me and some other metal guys are playing at the next performance night (big competition thing) at the civic on pitt street on the 1st of september. we came second last time. come along if you want, just to tear up the front of the stage for us :D

We had an idea to perform at the end of this school year... but the concert is to all the Year 10 and belows, so it's probably not worth it. The chosen song was Epilogue... but yeah doesnt' seem like we'll go through with it now.

I played The Drapery Falls and The Funeral Portrait at a 'talent' show. There was no singer, cause.. nobody I know can sing.
We OWNED the other shitty-assed preformers!

Im gonna have the chance to do this at my school some time in January I think. I go to a Private catholic school so Im looking forward to playing some death metal for them. Cant wait to see the reactions we get.

best we ever got to do was Pantera and some Iced Earth at a talent show thing, we were going to play Demon/Deliverance this year but the fucking thing got cancelled. And this is in southern cali where every band i've ever heard play at school was a crappy pop punk or emo band.

Personally I wanted to play Beyond the Great Black Forest....but we didn't think they could handle it.