OWNED school

we got battle of bands coming up
its our first gig and it took me 20mins to convince the teachers we weren't very severe
our band is called "impurity"
melodic death

oh i go to normanhurst boys selective high :p

anyway the set list goes

benighted(just the intro, up to 1:20)-Opeth
then straight into Blinded by Fear - At the Gates
Trespass - the Haunted
Winter Soliloquy - Impurity(thats us :) )
Demon of the Fall - Opeth

it's gonna go absolutely nuts
we dont care if anyone likes it or not :)

Moonlapse said:
Did you do the solos in the latter? Coz that would've been freakin awesome.

I played 'The Funeral Portrait' alone.. well, with drums and bass. So I did for that. I had to play both solos.

In 'The Drapery Falls' .... There is no solo. There is that intro, though.

Who played the Brujeria song again? That was sweet!
Someone else played a brujeria song!?! cool stuff
We played "Consejos Narcos" (sp?) fucking went off.
Aswell as "Tomahawk - God Hates A Coward" and the 'Chewbacca' song from Clerks
haha
that killed

We've got a battle of the bands coming up, but my band and I, we haven't been together long enough to really get together, and formulate a setlist and whatnot... anyway, our first rehearsal is tonight... 4 hours long in a lil soundproof room with lots of stacked amplifiers :D

Hey I'm a drummer from Sydney. I'm 17, but I'm already in a band atm. What type of metal do you guys play? Black/Death etc.... or do we all play Opeth-esque music? :p

shriffer@optusnet.com.au

I need to ask teh other guys if they would mind if I ventured out and tried different things.

(Talking to both the guys asking about drummers)

PS. Been playing drums for 8 years

the band i was in during highschool played at the lunch time "battle of the bands competition"....we played under a serpent sun by At The Gates....we didnt win...but we destroyed all 3000 students that day.

Some 10 years ago I played "Seasons in the Abyss" by Slayer and "Enter Sandman" from Metallica at a talent-hunt at our school. We totally sucked, but all the metalheads were stagediving and moshing. Great experience. Our drummer was no metal drummer, he had a really funky style. But that sounded fucking awesome with these songs.