Ozzfest 2006 = laughable

Black Lable Scoiety and Ozzy are the only good bands preforming. I have already seen Ozzy, and dont plan on sitting though all those worthlessly trashy bands just for a band I sorta like.

Blizzard of Oz RULES

The Red Chord is pretty good. Between the Buried and me has a couple cool songs. Other then that I don't think there's a single band I have any interest in seeing. :(

Rock Hydra said:
I thought CoB was confirmed for 2006. Are they the mystery band?

I think Ozzfest and Wacken are on around the same time, and CoB were going to Wacken. But then again I have no idea myself, just what I've heard from others. I don't know the dates of either of them.

leprosy:
Ozzfest is an American metal fest, and that is what they will alwyas be. Laughable, why?? Just because all of the shity american typical radio bands are playing? Sure, they have had some better bands booked in the past, they have been more popular in the past. I am not laughing at it at all. What I am trying to say is, that some people do actually like bands booked for this year, and will go see them, just for that reason. Also Ozzfest for many years has been nothing else but a money making machine, that's why they have bands that are not only emerging, but also radio bands, that people listen to, and will pay a lot of money to see them in a bulk.
I have seen a documentry on it couple of years back, and it said that Ozzfest's mission is to promote the emerging/unpopular bands, and it is exactly what it does.
I have looked at the bands playing at wacken last year and I am really glad I didn't go, because they were just a few that I really wanted to see, and a lot that I already saw. But on the other hand, I like more obscure and obscene bands that some people don't even know exist.
Personally I am not a huge fan of big festivals like that, I like the atmosphere of small venues, and less people, and ability to be in a first row (Although at some shows it didn't exactly work, because I am too small and get really squeezed by huge hairy guys and their fat girlfriends).
Maybe it si just a matter of maturity, or maybe its just tolerance, but I choose not to laugh at certain types of music or different bands, no matter how horrible they are. I have a really wide tastes ( I was listening to Nancy Sinatra yesterday for crying out loud) and I consider a lot of things as good, and I don't discriminate against others.

bobvex said:
leprosy:
Ozzfest is an American metal fest, and that is what they will alwyas be. Laughable, why?? Just because all of the shity american typical radio bands are playing? Sure, they have had some better bands booked in the past, they have been more popular in the past. I am not laughing at it at all. What I am trying to say is, that some people do actually like bands booked for this year, and will go see them, just for that reason. Also Ozzfest for many years has been nothing else but a money making machine, that's why they have bands that are not only emerging, but also radio bands, that people listen to, and will pay a lot of money to see them in a bulk.
I have seen a documentry on it couple of years back, and it said that Ozzfest's mission is to promote the emerging/unpopular bands, and it is exactly what it does.
I have looked at the bands playing at wacken last year and I am really glad I didn't go, because they were just a few that I really wanted to see, and a lot that I already saw. But on the other hand, I like more obscure and obscene bands that some people don't even know exist.
Personally I am not a huge fan of big festivals like that, I like the atmosphere of small venues, and less people, and ability to be in a first row (Although at some shows it didn't exactly work, because I am too small and get really squeezed by huge hairy guys and their fat girlfriends).
Maybe it si just a matter of maturity, or maybe its just tolerance, but I choose not to laugh at certain types of music or different bands, no matter how horrible they are. I have a really wide tastes ( I was listening to Nancy Sinatra yesterday for crying out loud) and I consider a lot of things as good, and I don't discriminate against others.

it still sucks

BasilisK said:
You seem to imply Ozzfest pre-2006 was good.

leprosy:

not really. I went to ozzfest 2000 and ozzfest 2001. I didn't get to see any of the bands on the second stage. Too many people. it was held practically in the middle of down town, in the middle of august in colorado. over 100 degrees F outside. It was hell.
I got to see a lot of shitty and good bands from really really far away, and I couldn't really hear them. I paid over $150 for my ticket, and what was really nice, I was close to stage, and not in a pit.. I wish I could have seen ozzy in his prime years, when he was able to put on a good show, and not look like like a complete retard. Personally, I think he should retire.

There is a pretty cool song of Nancy Sinatra's on the Kill Bill soundtarck. Its called Bang Bang.

bobvex said:
leprosy:

not really. I went to ozzfest 2000 and ozzfest 2001. I didn't get to see any of the bands on the second stage. Too many people. it was held practically in the middle of down town, in the middle of august in colorado. over 100 degrees F outside. It was hell.
I got to see a lot of shitty and good bands from really really far away, and I couldn't really hear them. I paid over $150 for my ticket, and what was really nice, I was close to stage, and not in a pit.. I wish I could have seen ozzy in his prime years, when he was able to put on a good show, and not look like like a complete retard. Personally, I think he should retire.

There is a pretty cool song of Nancy Sinatra's on the Kill Bill soundtarck. Its called Bang Bang.

I only went to one Ozzfest, I think it was the second one... '95 or '96, the Sabbath-reunion headlining the main stage. Neurosis did a pretty good set on the small stage. Machine Head was actually pretty good on the main stage. I remember having to endure Marilyn Manson. Can't remember any other bands off the top of my head. The Sabbath set was a little weak, mostly Ozzy from having to use a teleprompter because he couldn't remember the lyrics he wrote when he was dusted to the eyeballs 24/7.

Now suddenly I'm thinking Type-O-Negative may have been at that one...... not sure though :erk: I have a bitch of a time trying to remember all the shows I saw between like '94-'00.

EDIT: Oh yea, the temperature was up here too. I think it was 114F-ish. We had lawn seats and the moron jocks were lighting fires to mosh around. A bunch of people got carted out after collapsing from the heat. Plus the fool that got thrown in one of the fires.

EDIT EDIT: I'm almost positive Pantera was there too.