CoB will play ozzfest?

Dec 26, 2005
If you check their wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_bodom

The last in the Hate Crew Deathroll and Are You Dead Yet? says they are going to play ozzfest(which is going to be free for those that didn't already know), is this true?

my question is, wasn't it Janne who said he would leave the band if they ever played ozzfest, or something along those lines?

So to make this a better thread, discuss them playing ozzfest and how you feel about that. That probably means less summer festivals in europe.

its wikipedia, i could edit that saying that alexi laiho plays the electric tambourine if i wanted to. considering the format for ozzfest this year with bands only jumping on certain dates and most not doing the whole thing i doubt they'll do it plus they'll be writing/recording.

they were going to play ozzfest last year but they turned it down cuz of the unholly alliance tour opportunity with slayer. ozzy is one of alexi's heroes. so i'm sure if they have the opportunity this time, they'll take it.

i thought they were writing for the new album and then recording in the summer? :confused:

plus i checked the dates and cob has some european festival to play in july

I don't think any good bands will play Ozzfest for free and all the bands that wanted to play ozzfest this year probably cancel. Only new bands will play but it says Killswitch Engage is rumored to play.