COB goes Ozzfest??!

\m/Jason\m/

Feb 21, 2004
Zwolle, The Netherlands
From Blabbermouth:

CHILDREN OF BODOM mainman Alexi Laiho has told MTV.com that he hopes his band will spend next summer as part of Ozzfest 2006.

"We've been talking about it, but I don't know if it's going to happen," he said. "It would be a really good thing to do, because it does a lot of good things to a lot of metal bands. I don't know if we'll get on it. It's really a question of money. The promotional value's really good. It seems like a lot of bands — LAMB OF GOD, SHADOWS FALL — really broke through after the Ozzfest. I think it would be good for us."

CHILDREN OF BODOM will launch a North American headlining trek on November 9 in Quebec. Bodom have recruited TRIVIUM and AMON AMARTH to open the tour's 27 dates. According to frontman and guitarist Alexi Laiho, BODOM had no involvement in setting things up. In fact he can't even recall what either band sounds like.

"To be honest I've heard [TRIVIUM and AMON AMARTH's] albums one time all the way through, and I was pretty drunk at the time," he confided, saying BODOM's management handled the tour's orchestration. "So I don't remember the music. I do remember it sounding cool. I'll wait to see what I think of them when I first see them live. Apparently TRIVIUM's a lot bigger than we are in the States. So it feels a little weird that we're the headliners."

as he said...its fuck all to do with him or the band.

Plus, who the hell wouldnt want their music to be heard?

apart from me, and my "Bathroom Mirror: Singalong Choons Volume 7"...it sucked, but buy a copy anyway ;-)

"Finnish black-metal outfit Children of Bodom..."

Yeah, this would be cool. If it's Alexi's dream to play there, then COB should do it. Does anybody know when Ozzfest is taking place? At least COB are already booked for Wacken 2006 in August.

i was saying oh hell no, meaning oh hell no why is it in america not in england!!! though ozzfest stopped off for one show at download last year so maybe they will od the same this year, that would be kool:)

As it's said in aleksi's statement, its a matter of money. plus, what zarok already said, they're confirmed for wacken. now they have to play there, muahaha.

Alexi = Media and Money whore

Ozzfest is a disgrace espcially after the Maiden egging incident.
They should be on Gigantour where they have all metal heads there and not a bunch of hardcore bands, but whatever I know, COB doesn't "give a flying fuck" about anything anymore. Hardcore rulz!

its not that its a matter of money as in how much the band will make, its a matter of how much the band has to pay. ozzfest is pay to play. my friend kris of darkest hour told me his band paid 75k for their ozzfest slot last year(or was it 2 years ago? i don't remember, i don't follow ozzfest)... it costs a lot to get on that shitty tour.

Ozzfest sucks! Im not giving another cent to the Ozzbournes, with way overpriced tickets, Sabbath didnt show up, and all the good bands like Arch Enemy played at 9 in the morning. After what that bitch Sharon did to Maiden this year, Im not giving another penny to that fat annoying bitch who ruined Ozzy.

Alteredmindeath said:
Ozzfest sucks! Im not giving another cent to the Ozzbournes, with way overpriced tickets, Sabbath didnt show up, and all the good bands like Arch Enemy played at 9 in the morning. After what that bitch Sharon did to Maiden this year, Im not giving another penny to that fat annoying bitch who ruined Ozzy.

:headbang: :worship: :headbang:

She is a whore :wave:

Noble Viking said:
Alexi = Media and Money whore

Ozzfest is a disgrace espcially after the Maiden egging incident.
They should be on Gigantour where they have all metal heads there and not a bunch of hardcore bands, but whatever I know, COB doesn't "give a flying fuck" about anything anymore. Hardcore rulz!

Yeah, Gigantour > Ozzfest