Ozzfest for free?

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
GROUNDBREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT PULLS PLUG ON TICKET PRICES

"This will change everybody’s impression of the way touring in the summer in America should be."--Sharon Osbourne

Imagine a day of wall-to-wall hard rock.

Imagine the world's greatest headliner sharing a bill with cutting edge new artists.

Imagine if this brass-knuckled beast was hellbent on coming to your town.

Imagine this earth-pounding event...FOR FREE.

2007 will forever mark the year OZZFEST spiked the concert industry's punch and gave every head-banging American kid a reason to strap on an air guitar with the historic announcement that tickets to the summer’s premiere touring concert festival won't cost fans a dime.

Testing one, two, three...

That's right, OZZY and SHARON OSBOURNE and tour producer LIVE NATION broke the news today at the Concert Industry Consortium in Los Angeles that their 12th annual hard rock spectacular--a 25-date extravaganza launching July 7 in Los Angeles--is pulling the plug on ticket prices and giving the power back to the fans calling this summer’s OZZFEST "FreeFest." The other OZZFEST cities as of now are San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Kansas City, St Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburgh, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Hartford, Charlotte, Atlanta, West Palm Beach, Nashville. Note: a final confirmed list of cities and dates is forthcoming.

"For the last few years," says SHARON, "ticket prices have steadily climbed as artists demand more and more money for summer tours. We certainly want everybody to make money, however we also want the kids to be able to afford to come out and have an incredible experience. If we continued with the traditional touring festival model, we would have no choice but to raise ticket prices again this year."

Cited as “one of rock’s biggest juggernauts” in the cover feature of Sunday's New York Times' “Arts and Leisure” section (6/25/06), OZZFEST and Live Nation will turn to sponsors to provide added support for the festival's new incarnation. This summer’s OZZFEST will provide select sponsors with a unique opportunity to engage fans one-on-one utilizing one of music’s best known brands.

Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm

I'll wait until they PAY me to go :lol:

NP: Dark Nova - 'Out Of The Silence'

I even won't go if they pay me !!!

Well , lemme show my favorit pic again....

sharon.jpg

"Last year, though, she said, the fees earned by bands, including about $325,000 a show for the group SYSTEM OF A DOWN, almost sank the festival."

I cannot believe this statement...I heard Maiden was paid 80K a gig, so how could SOAD get that much PER show?!?!!?

"Sponsors will pick up the tab for the tickets, bands will not be paid to perform and expenses will be covered from sales of food, drinks and merchandise."

Bands will not be paid to perform....yeah and they can make enough money off of merch to warrant a 30+ city tour?!?!

"The show will be general admission. The seats will be first-come, first-to-sit-there-and-watch-the-show-in-that-seat basis."

Yeah.. that should make the festival nice and safe

Nothing's for free... show me the drinks and merchandising prices.

It would cost a lot actually. Imagine the amount of money you'd have to spend on beer to forget that you're attending Ozzfest! :D

Have they announced any bands yet? I can only assume it will be typical crap like BLS, Incubus, etc. Maybe even worse this year if it's free? Remeber the good old days when you'd get bands like Megadeth, Motorhead, Slayer, Tool, etc at Ozzfest?

I'm a little skeptical about the "free" nature of the show. I bet they're gonna be playing commericals on the jumbotron while the bands are paying. I can just envision the lead singer saying "this next song is brought to you by our friends at Hot Topic..." before each song.

It's too bad they wouldn't make a touring festival in the states wit Classic/Power/Prog metal bands. It would have to stay in small theaters, but would still beat the hell outta ozzfest. :headbang:

2004/2005 would have been the years to go.

whats with all the hating about ozzfest? even if some of the bands *ehemTRIVIUM!* lack musical talent...i mean, its a chance to mosh, get wasted and witness ozzy osbourne and his supreme vegetable-ness.

i hope they come to montreal.

whats with all the hating about ozzfest? even if some of the bands *ehemTRIVIUM!* lack musical talent...i mean, its a chance to mosh, get wasted and witness ozzy osbourne and his supreme vegetable-ness.

i hope they come to montreal.

Ozzy's not even playing this year, is he? I don't know about you, but I can't afford to get wasted on $10 beers. Ain't cheap at ozzfest!

If it's free and the bands are mildly good I'll go and bring my own booze and smoke.
I'd be drunk before the show starts anyway.
That's how I've always done it.:kickass:

lol you just love to cause trouble! After the eggcident on ozzfest dot coms forum boards they'd yank anything said negative about ozzfest, Sharon or Ozzy. Let's see how long this one stays up on myspace!

HAIL GERT!:kickass:

I feel the itch to spam the place but I can loose my own MySpace right so it's not worth it :devil:

NP: Leather Nun - 'Leather Nun'

I am! The problem is that the guys at MySpace don't take shit (you saw what happened with the logo) and I use that space a lot actually with local people.

Now if I can make another account just for the purpose of spam the Ozzpest... :heh: