Ozzfest might actually be worth it this year

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
OZZFEST 2004 looks to be shaking a fist (or raising a defiant middle finger) in the face of all things commercial as 4 bands have been 100% confirmed for this years tour which will kick off in "early July".

They are as follows:

OZZY OSBOURNE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER
SLIPKNOT

There of course has been substantial rumors in regards to other bands playing, but confirmations received through SMNnews also include names such as..

SUPERJOINT RITUAL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

In other OZZFEST 2004 news, HATEBREED have been named as the headliner for With Full Force on July 2nd, so where that puts them on the list for the OZZFEST 2004 bill remains to be seen. However, frontman Jamey Jasta has been heard saying at recent shows in Long Island, NY and Danbury, CT that HATEBREED will be playing in direct support to SLIPKNOT on the side stge.

Other substantial rumors include:

IN FLAMES - Who's label confirmed to SMNnews that the band has been in talks for the festival
FEAR FACTORY
LACUNA COIL - Who also have been in talks about the show
UNEARTH - Who will be Metal Blade's only band on the bill, if, and only if they decide to put them on

Keep in mind the above bands are all just rumors, and February 19th in Los Angeles will see the full lineup revealed! For more OZZFEST 2004 information head to our coveted OZZFEST page here.

*UPDATE* According to blabbermouth.net, DIMMU BORGIR are '90% confirmed for the mainstage'. More information soon.

Looks like the best lineup in a LONG time, if not ever. It's a shame Anthrax isn't on the list, they'd fit in perfectly. Sharon's such a stupid cunt.

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
Haha, just found out The Darkness is gonna be on the tour, that'll go over real good with the meathead Slayer and Hatebreed fans, hehe
I hope they get booed off the stage at every show. They fuckin' suck! How could they be on this bill? They aren't even a metal band. They remind me of the gay L.A. metal scene in the 80's. Even Poison is better than the Darkness! :yuk:

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
Haha, just found out The Darkness is gonna be on the tour, that'll go over real good with the meathead Slayer and Hatebreed fans, hehe
It will give those fans a pee break :D
Rememer though Ozzy used to tour with Motley Crue and Ratt.

I'd rather see Motley Crue, Poison, Winger, Tesla, Ratt, and Bon Jovi and any other sissy glam band rather than the joke known as The Darkness. The only reason why they're popular is because...is because... actually I have no idea why a single person would like them,let alone a metal fan, can anyone clue me in?

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
I'd rather see Motley Crue, Poison, Winger, Tesla, Ratt, and Bon Jovi and any other sissy glam band rather than the joke known as The Darkness. The only reason why they're popular is because...is because... actually I have no idea why a single person would like them,let alone a metal fan, can anyone clue me in?
They must have sold their soul to the devil because their music sucks! :devil:

Fear Factory reformed Dutchy - they in Oz right now - I'm seeing them next Tuesday

Honestly, I could care less about Ozzy. Slayer and Priest will make this a tremendous show. If some of those other bands that are rumored end up being confirmed, this could be a GREAT tour. Superjoint, BLS, In Flames, Lacuna Coil, Dimmu Borgir. I'm definitely going.

Scott

Slayer, Hatebreed, and Slipknot are all good imo. I'm impartial to Ozzy and Priest. The Darkness, Atreyu, and Everytime I Die are possibly THE worst bands possible for ozzfest. They absolutely blow hardcore!

the darkness are great in bringing back a queen meets AC/DC connection.

Lamb of god have been confirmed. waiting on lacuna coil and in flames

Fear factory are back together minus Dino. the bass player now plays guitar.