Ozzfest Tickets?

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Is anyone trying to get Ozzfest tickets right now, the server I dont think was ready for today since I have been on a transfer page for like 10 minutes and it says

Do not hit "BACK" or "RELOAD" or you will lose your place in line
Transactions are processed in the order in which you enter the ticketing system. You will not lose your place in line during this wait time.
* PLEASE NOTE: WAITING IN LINE DOES NOT GUARANTEE TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE

so I dont wanna lose my spot. I was just seeing if anyone else was having a problem.

Tickets for my locale (Dallas) apparently aren't being released until 6pm my time today (or so an Ozzfest-related email informed me) so I haven't tried yet. I'm interested in hearing your account though of how everything goes between now and when you actually get your tickets. I bet it won't be pretty!

I did notice this at the bottom of the first screen with number of tickets and the funny word code:

*ALL FEES INCLUDED

I am honestly afraid of what this might mean.

Edit: Still nothing

It took about 25 minutes and I ended up getting lawn, probably since the server took so long. Granted I did forget and didnt try logging in until 20 mins after the initial time, but I wouldnt think that many people would going in my area at least people with the internet. I am not trying to be judgemental of anyone, but my area isnt the richest by any means unless they dont like metal.

Well fuck me, NC tickets don't go on "sale" until 7pm tonight. And I fucking have to work at 6pm tonight.

Lawn seats are fine for me, as I will probably go only to see Nile, Daath, Behemoth, and Chthonic and then not stay for the main stage bands. If it's gonna be free, I can leave when I please with no real loss.

Well fuck me, NC tickets don't go on "sale" until 7pm tonight. And I fucking have to work at 6pm tonight.

Lawn seats are fine for me, as I will probably go only to see Nile, Daath, Behemoth, and Chthonic and then not stay for the main stage bands. If it's gonna be free, I can leave when I please with no real loss.

Well I have seen all of the second stage bands before, and the main reason I am going is LORDI!! They are the only band I am interested in that I havent seen before.

Don't worry everyone :). They changed the times for many of the venues and they are all listed in the ticket redemption walk through on the Ozzfest website. They should not charge you ANYTHING for your tickets. They make it seem as if there are fees but there are none. The whole concept is a little screwy considering it's rarely (if ever been) done. You simply just need to go to the Live Nation link when it is your time and follow the steps with your codes. We got our first 2 tickets on Friday night, and they are absolutely free and beautiful!!! Full of Lordi/second stage extreme metal GOODNESS! haha. My only suggestion is for those interested in getting tickets to confirm your venue's on sale date and get them as soon as possible. We have a few codes to redeem for the NJ date, which goes on sale tonight at 7 pm (and not 3 pm, like the screwy site says it does). I've said screwy 3 times in one post :p. Time to go now! Good luck everyone!! :D

well im currently trying to get tickets for les claypool off of house of blues website, and i have the same message you have and its taking forever, if that gives you any idea, ive been waiting for maybe 10 mins and its still processing or what ever the fuck

Just for grins I thought I would monitor the workload of the livenation website which is the avenue I'll be using to try to get my Ozzfest tickets. Although my city has yet to go on sale I was selecting some other cities just to see how long it took the site before it even asked for my ticket code (I'm sure that part, too, will take time to process once I actually get to the point of entering my code). Well I have made six such attempts over the past hour or so and EVERY time the site times out and I see "page cannot be displayed". Not exactly what I was hoping for.... :erk:

UNlike some people, I'm not going to try for hours, It's not worth it imo. I will try a little bit more, and if I don't get one by then, I'm just gonna go watch the USA vs. El Salvador Football.

Well the Dallas tickets are "on sale" now. Trying to get them. Web site crashes repeatedly. Looks like livenation GROSSLY underestimated the infrastructure it would need to handle so many web requests at the same time. It astounds me in this day and age that an agency finds itself so ill-equipped to handle its technology demands. If I were them I'd be embarrassed. Of course the conspiracy theorist part of me (fortunately it's a small part) wonders if this technological collapse isn't intended to dissuade the masses from getting these ticket freebies. Seems an odd thing to consider though given the entirety of the festival is free. Still....

At any rate I'm white flagging my attempts at this futile exercise and am not wasting the balance of my evening treating myself to repeated "page cannot be displayed" or "HTTP 500" errors any longer. Plus, I can take solace in the fact that Dream Theater are playing in Dallas the same day as Ozzfest rolls into town. As far as I'm concerned that is the REAL concert anyway! :headbang:

Good luck to those of you who attempt to score Ozzfest tickets....you'll need it!

Alright. Almost 9 pm now. Tickets for the NJ date went on sale at 7 pm. After a good half an hour of server crashes I was able to load up 2 pages with each of our seperate email addresses. Close to an hour later they both out of NOWHERE loaded up purchase pages. I took care of one ( As I am writing this I am coming to the conclusion it must have mistaken both open pages for one, because it was having a problem thinking I was trying to purchase 4 tickets at once). Long story short, now we have a pair of FREE lawn tickets for our troubles, and hopefully the last pair will be "purchased" within the next few hours. Wow, what a worthless hassle. I will be pissed if an 8 oz cup of beer costs 25$ in compensation. CHEERS!! :p

9:33. Now both codes have been accepted and we have a total of 4 lawn tickets (and our already printed and glimmering 2 pavilion tix :)). The confirmation Email is slow as hell to be sent but you have the option of printing the tickets on the spot. For our date and I am assuming most dates all of the pavilion have been claimed by the Ozzy presale (hence our "seats" are 2 rows ahead of the lawn LOL). It was a bitch but when all was said and done we did get 4 free tickets less than 3 hours after they were released. Not bad. Keep trying, if its worth it to you! Do it for Finland and Taiwan and all of the regularly touring extreme metal acts!! CHEEEEEERS!! :)

I managed to get two lawn tickets, which is the closest I wanted since I plan on leaving after Lordi (I have NO interest in sitting through the horrible Static X and the boring Lamb of God to see Ozzy).

Chthonic is the band I am most looking forward to seeing at Ozzfest, and will be seeing them at Wacken a couple weeks before the Charlotte date of Ozzfest.

I'm finally trying to redeem my code, but I don't know how to do this. I clicked "REDEEM CODE" and it took me to this page with steps for redemption, however, it says to input the quantity of tickets next to "OZZFEST 2007". I see nowhere to input quantity, or even advance to any redemption screen. This is poorly designed, methinks.

I had wanted to see Nile, Behemoth, Lordi, and Chthonic (or however it's spelled). That will have to wait however as I tried livenation's website this morning and lo and behold the Dallas show is "sold out". Truly a technological fiasco in every way. I imagine those that scored tickets to the show had to wade through endless server crashes before finally being given the privelege of waiting for hours for their order to "process". Ozzfest is surely not worth all of that. I'll wager this is the last time we see a freebie such as this as those dispensing the tickets are woefully ill-equipped to handle the demand. Sadly, in this case, livenation actually made Ticketmaster (whose servers have never crashed for me) look good. Now that's saying something.....