Ozzfest Tickets?

And for those who think ticketmaster has never done this, you should have seen my coworker trying to get Eagles tickets yesterday. He was a bit peeved that after "searching for availibility" it would keep giving him errors.

I stand corrected. I guess I've been lucky so far with Ticketmaster in that its servers held up under heavy demand on those occasions I needed to make use of them. Perhaps these ticket agencies should redirect a more significant portion of their "service fees" to improving their technology infrastructures.

Does anyone know of anyone who got a seat? I speak to 6 people who got tickets and all on the lawn.

Dream Theater are playing at Nokia Live in Grand Prairie. Regarding my ticket redemption code I got it by signing up in advance on the Ozzfest website and then later on the Live Nation website. Not sure if codes are still being issued at this point or not but all indications are the Dallas show's ticket supply has been exhausted (as is my patience with the entire Ozzfest ticket process).

Looks like I might be living near the Nokia by then, so you had better count me in! Are you going to buy one of the VIP packages? If I can swing it in time, I'd like to hook up with the $300 one! Ozzfest is no longer on my radar after this unless they revert to good old-fashioned ticket sales. It's a nice try to stay on top of new 'technolgy' and 'cutting edge marketing' :rolleyes: but I don't know if it's worth it just to be the first in the history books to do something like this on such a large scale. Whatever... i'm pals with Ankla, and Nile & Behemoth are touring later this year anyway. 3 Inches of Blood - seen em! Lordi & Daath will likely be around again very shortly and I'm in no hurry to see them. Looks like I have no reason to go to Ozzfest this year, afterall.

Are you going to buy one of the VIP packages? If I can swing it in time, I'd like to hook up with the $300 one! Ozzfest is no longer on my radar after this unless they revert to good old-fashioned ticket sales.

I had to take a pass on the VIP packages -- I just bought the regular tickets. Looks like I'm facing a summer full of expenses so I have to pinch pennies where I can. And I agree with you about Ozzfest too -- if they implement traditional ticket sales I might reconsider going in the future but if they persist with this ill-conceived "freebie" plan like this year count me out

Guys, as I said in an earlier post, the nosebleeds and Lawns are free. If you want a seat to sit in, cough up $300. This is the same shit they are pulling on the American Idols Tour. Putting up huge blocs at auction.

I pre-ordered Ozzy's new CD and got the code for redemption on the previous Friday. I got section 103 row C for the San Antonio show so the seats were available for free as well. There was just poor execution for the general ticket "sales" for Tuesday. However, Monster Energy still has tickets available, granted they are lawn, but I just printed up two yesterday. You get the code from the 4 packs that Monster have at the stores.