Ozzfest.

I know nobody cares, but here's my $.02 on yet another Ozzfest:
Main Stage-
Metallica: Used to put on a really good show, but I haven't seen them since '94.
Ozzy: A legend, but he needs to retire. Sharon's going to tour him to death.
Serj: Never liked SOAD, so I'd miss that set.
Jon Davis: Aside from Korn's debut, wasn't into anything else they did-miss.
Hellyeah: Never got to see Vinnie and Dime, and Hellyeah's not bad, so it might be a good set.
Cavalera Conspiracy: It's about time the brothers got back together! I like the album, so I'd love to see this.
Shadows Fall: Their last three albums have been killer, another I'd love to see.
Apocolyptica: Would be another great set from someone else I haven't seen.
In This Moment: Seen them. If they were any actually good they'd be Arch Enemy.
Second Stage-
Sevendust: Haven't seen them, decent 90's metal band, would like to see what they could do live.
DevilDriver: Seen them 3 times, and every time I do it gets better. Definitely would not miss!!
Kingdom of Sorrow: I'm a huge Crowbar fan, so this would be a treat for me. The album's great, and I've seen Hatebreed a few times and was impressed.
Soilent Green: I don't remember hearing them, but I'd give them a chance.
Witchcraft: Again, don't remember hearing them, probably have, but I'd stick around to see what they could do live.
Goatwhore: Completely amazing; completely brutal. A do not miss for me.
Texas Stage:
Honestly, aside from Rigor Mortis I'd skip the Texas Stage.

These are just my opinions. If I was interested in taking leave, flying to Texas, sweating like Michael Jackson at an orphanage, and paying out the @$$ for water I'd probably go see this year's Ozzfest(the only one I've been to was 2005). But since my leave and plane tix are reserved for ProgPower, I'm skipping it.

Now Playing:
"The System Remains"
Zero Hour

Ozzfest needs to end. The only good thing on the list is Sevendust. Metallica, if smart will do ALL older material and stop at the cd before St. Anger. Even then Metallica is nothing but a shadow of its former self. Sharon ended the idea of Ozzfest when she decided to mess with Maiden. No matter what she should have remained professional OH WAIT, we are talking about Sharon. Sorry. Professional and Sharon do not go hand in hand.

I don't think so, I have really enjoyed Sevendust's last few releases, especially their newest one. I love the song with Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge on it, and also the song with Mark Tremonti is also very cool. I think with the old guitarist now coming back, I am very interested in hearing how they mature, because I think the good things from the old sevendust and good from the new will mix and make some hell of some good music.

Metallica (early of course), Goatwhore, Witchcraft, Soilent Green, Rigor Mortis, and The Sword are all great. Ozzy, Cavalera Conspiracy, Shadows Fall, and Kingdom of Sorrow are all decent. I'd watch them. The rest can eat a dick.

They're repetitive. They're unoriginal. They're hipsters. But you know what? They do what they do better than most other bands out there in that same style so I dig them.

I think it's pretty ignorant to call someone an ignorant for not having any desire to see a band that has SUCKED SINCE THE EARLY NINETIES. There's plenty of validity in people's bashing of Metallica.

And by the way, PANTARA is one of the funniest things I've ever heard someone saying (or typing) in my whole entire life. :lol: Do you also listen to JUDAS PRYST?

Im so sorry for being drunk,and listening to PANTARA (PANTERA). You must of been the DORK in english class!! Welcome to the spelling bee....METALAICAA (hows that for you) still the best band live hands down!!!Sorry you cant afford a ticket and come see the best show of the summer. Great bands on the bill, not a fan of serg solo or davis solo but the rest is mind blowing:headbang:

At first I thought, "ZOMG! M'boys Within Chaos and The Destro got onto Ozzfest! That's great for them!" .... then I realized it was just for one show in the same town that they always play in, Dallas :-\ However, this is the first time I'll consider going to Ozzfest since Priest, particularly because it's the first time I don't have to travel to another city for it. I'll tell you, The Destro are badass, and Within Chaos are cool as heck (but I'm severely biased for a number of reasons). I'll also be seeing Rigor Mortis, Witchcraft, Goatwhore, and Soilent Green. Strangely I'm not as turned off by the roster as usual... well, for the other stages anyway. Main Stage is basically a list of exactly what I don't want to see. Oh well.