Ozzfest.

Why? just because they have changed their sound doesn't mean their old shit doesnt sound still amazing to see it live, unless of course you were lucky enough to see it when you were younger, I wasn't. Garage Days albums are pretty fucking top notch as well, some really good cover cd's idk if you forgot or what but..

In a matter of fact, I saw them live at Nassau Coliseum for the Black Album tour. I also had floor seats for the Garden during their "listening party". Never will forget 14,000 people in unison screaming "F$$$ YOU, JAMES!" as a birthday greeting. Man, we tore the Garden apart that night.

As for what Metallica became? I'd rather hold the memories of when Metallica was Metallica.

In a matter of fact, I saw them live at Nassau Coliseum for the Black Album tour. I also had floor seats for the Garden during their "listening party". Never will forget 14,000 people in unison screaming "F$$$ YOU, JAMES!" as a birthday greeting. Man, we tore the Garden apart that night.

As for what Metallica became? I'd rather hold the memories of when Metallica was Metallica.

Whew, don't get me started on 'Tallica. :cry:

Saw 'em a couple of times on the Justice tour, and then numerous times on the Black Album tour (that had to be one of the longest tours in musical history, since it basically lasted, like, 4 years). Met and befriended Kirk, who at the time was much more interested in talkin' books than music, and made him a lifetime member of the Nomads of the TimeStreams/International Michael Moorcock Apprec. Society, which I headed for five years. (In theory, he's still a lifetime member.)
We were treated like royalty for several years during that tour...pre-show passes, after-show passes, "snake pit" passes, etc. Back then, they were good to their fans, always making time to meet them outside the venue after shows, signing autographs...sometimes in the rain.

Later, that fan-friendliness declined.*

So did Metallica.

:cry:

-=-=-=-
* except for Jason, who was fan-friendly until the end

because a tour 15 years ago applies to a tour today, especially after where Metallica was discredited with being *sellouts*....surprised 14,000 people bought tickets just to say fuck you james

In the meantime, I will pop in Ride the Lightning. That was when Metallica was Metallica, not a Pearl Jam wannabe.

This might seriously be the most ignorant post I have ever seen on any forum at Ultimate Metal.

Pearl Jam wanna-be?

I take it you have never listened to Load, Re-Load, or St Anger...

You name one song that remotely sounds like a Pearl Jam song.

Sure, there are no epic thrash anthems with shredding solos.

Load is a good stripped down hard rock album, almost Sabbath-esque in certain places. Re-Load is the remains of the Load session.

St Anger is indeed a steaming pile that never should have been released. Still though, no honest and true comparisons to Pearl Jam can be made.

Maybe you are 10 years too late with your Metallica bashing and were trying too hard, so typed the first thing to come to your head.

surprised 14,000 people bought tickets just to say fuck you james

My guess is the "fuck you james" was a light-hearted (if you read the post) birthday greeting. I doubt it would hold the same venom as if it were to happen today.

Also agree with Jasonic. The fact that they released a shitty album or 3 or 4 (depending upon personal taste) doesn't mean you can compare them to any shit band out there. You only lose credibility that way.

This might seriously be the most ignorant post I have ever seen on any forum at Ultimate Metal.

Pearl Jam wanna-be?

I take it you have never listened to Load, Re-Load, or St Anger...

You name one song that remotely sounds like a Pearl Jam song.

Sure, there are no epic thrash anthems with shredding solos.

Load is a good stripped down hard rock album, almost Sabbath-esque in certain places. Re-Load is the remains of the Load session.

St Anger is indeed a steaming pile that never should have been released. Still though, no honest and true comparisons to Pearl Jam can be made.

Maybe you are 10 years too late with your Metallica bashing and were trying too hard, so typed the first thing to come to your head.

No, I've been bashing Metallica for about ten years. "Pearl Jam" was what I used as the barometer for their "grunge-like" transformation.

Yes, St. Anger should have been shot, as was Re-Load. Load was not great. S&M was pure genius for a live CD.

Yeah, I agree. to say Metallica became a Pearl Jam wannabe act pretty ignorant.

It was also an insult to Pearl Jam. :lol: Pearl Jam still fought for their fans.

No, I've been bashing Metallica for about ten years. "Pearl Jam" was what I used as the barometer for their "grunge-like" transformation.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree then.
I really don't see Metallica's change in sound as going towards a "grunge" direction. I guess the only thing closely resembling would be the lack of solos.

I think this is the best ozzfest lineup in years......Anyone who wouldnt want to see METALLICA is just stuck in there only little ignorant shell. Come on its METALLICA for christ sake, they will play what people want to hear. Im going to make the journey from Albany,NY. Have been enjoying a day out in the ozzfest sun since 2000 when PANTARA shred the stage!!:headbang:

rank of bands of taste.....

1. metallica
2.cavalera conspiracy
3.rigor mortis
4.shadows fall
5.apocaliptica
6.witchcraft
7.hellyeah (put on a great show)
8.kingdom of sarrow
9.goatwhore
10.the sword
11.soilent green
12.in this moment

I think this is the best ozzfest lineup in years......Anyone who wouldnt want to see METALLICA is just stuck in there only little ignorant shell. Come on its METALLICA for christ sake, they will play what people want to hear. Im going to make the journey from Albany,NY. Have been enjoying a day out in the ozzfest sun since 2000 when PANTARA shred the stage!!:headbang:

I think it's pretty ignorant to call someone an ignorant for not having any desire to see a band that has SUCKED SINCE THE EARLY NINETIES. There's plenty of validity in people's bashing of Metallica.

And by the way, PANTARA is one of the funniest things I've ever heard someone saying (or typing) in my whole entire life. :lol: Do you also listen to JUDAS PRYST?

Metallica is so damned sloppy these days, especially lars drumming, it would just piss me off to see them live when it doesn't sound like it should. They have been playing good setlists, but that doesn't mean it is going to sound good at all. I think Lars needs to strip down and learn to play drums starting with his quarter notes on the snare drum at 60 bpm with a metronome for about a year, and maybe those quarter notes would sound better than how he is playing now.

Of course, Matallica, Avargray, Tharion, Savan Dust, Aftar Foravar, Bahamoth, Batwaan Tha Buriad and Ma, Opath, Thraa, Cramatory, Amparor, Navarmora, Malachash. Opath sounds damned funny to me, and so does Bahamoth.