Ozzy's loozing his voice, Sabbath is off the Ozzfest

Jun 21, 2005
B'klyn, NY
Yesterday during the wrap-up of The Sabbath's set @ the Ozzfest Ozzy's lost his voice :cry: . They were playing "Children Of The Grave" as an encore, and in the middle of the song he lost the ability to sing in high tunes or whatever it's called. Today - there is no Black Sabbath at Ozzfest. I was damn' lucky to catch them yesterday.
But now I wander - shouldn't they at least try to call Dio, Tony Martin, or even Gillan, so they could finish the fucking tour. 'Cause there is no Ozzfest w/out Black Sabbath.
P.S. Maiden were amazing as always...

Bald Guy - Tony Martin said he'd never work with Iommi again after being treated like shit twice by him.

As for Dio and Gillian: Dio is going to be touring VERY soon if he isn't already and Gillian probably has something going on with Deep Purple (if he's still doing DP these days).

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Fuck Ozzy! Get Dio or someone else who can actually sing back into the band!
No one, I repeat, NO ONE does Ozzy's Sabbath better than Ozzy. And you know that too. I love "Heaven+Hell" and "Dehumanizer", I very much like "Headless Cross" and "Forbidden", but when it comes to doing the old stuff Dio and Martin simply don't fit. Nobody does. Gillan was surprizingly the closest to the ideal. But it'd be better than nothing. Regarding what Tony Martin said... Well, Scott and Danny said a lot of shit too, nevertheless they are happily reunited.
There is also Glen Hughes, by the way... The Sabs could use double bass. Would not it be hilarious? :D

I like Sabbath, but I doubt too many people would be pissed to see them drop and see Maiden do a full set for the rest of their tour. But then again, Velvet Revolver is on for the last few dates.... It would be cool when it get's to that point, Sabbath comes back, better than ever. :)

But then again, Ozzfest already came here. Damn you lucky fucks who got to see a full Maiden set! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
No one, I repeat, NO ONE does Ozzy's Sabbath better than Ozzy. And you know that too. I love "Heaven+Hell" and "Dehumanizer", I very much like "Headless Cross" and "Forbidden", but when it comes to doing the old stuff Dio and Martin simply don't fit. Nobody does. Gillan was surprizingly the closest to the ideal. But it'd be better than nothing. Regarding what Tony Martin said... Well, Scott and Danny said a lot of shit too, nevertheless they are happily reunited.
There is also Glen Hughes, by the way... The Sabs could use double bass. Would not it be hilarious? :D

I beg to differ. I think Bruce Bruce could do an awesom job covering Ozzy's material. He did a great job with "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath", and I could only imagine how well he could do stuff like "Children of the Grave" or "War Pigs". And if he did for this tour.....

DAMN YOU! DAMNY YOU ALL!

Don´t forget Halford. He filled in for Ozzy some time ago, didn´t he? Also, there is something bound to happen between Iommi and Hughes.

But for someone who thinks that Dehumanizer is infinitely better than any other Sabbath album that doesn't really matter.

this is the greatest news i've heard. i want to see the full maiden set , so ozzy keep the voice gone the whole weekend as i am in chicago and indianapolis for ozzfest. no offence to those who want to see sabbath this weekend

karrokid said:
this is the greatest news i've heard. i want to see the full maiden set , so ozzy keep the voice gone the whole weekend as i am in chicago and indianapolis for ozzfest. no offence to those who want to see sabbath this weekend

keep Ozzy out for the Columbus show too. 1. So I can see a full Maiden set. 2. So I can get a refund on the lawn tickets my girlfriend bought me for my birthday, not knowing I had a pavillion seat.

johnnieCzech said:
Don´t forget Halford. He filled in for Ozzy some time ago, didn´t he? Also, there is something bound to happen between Iommi and Hughes.

If I'm not mistaken, Tony Iommi orginally considered doing double duty on Ozzfest. He was going to play with Sabbath (obviously) and then play stuff off his solo work with Glenn Hughes.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
But for someone who thinks that Dehumanizer is infinitely better than any other Sabbath album that doesn't really matter.
1.I never said "Dehumanizer" is better than anything else. 2. Dio sucks singing any Ozzy's song, the "Live Evil" is a good example, same goes to Tony Martin ("Cross Purposes Live"). 3. Try to read carefully posts you're replying to. You should have enough time since you're unemployed.

1. This is what happens when you play the same 10-12 songs every night instead of changing shit up and (*gasp*) writing new material.

2. IMO, I do prefer Ozzy with the Ozzy-Sabbath stuff, but I prefer the non-Ozzy Sabbath albums. Tony Martin is WAY under-rated!

3. The new Dodge Charger sucks. (I know it's off topic; I just had to say it out in the open!)

LuvataciousSkull said:
I like Sabbath, but I doubt too many people would be pissed to see them drop and see Maiden do a full set for the rest of their tour. But then again, Velvet Revolver is on for the last few dates.... It would be cool when it get's to that point, Sabbath comes back, better than ever. :)

But then again, Ozzfest already came here. Damn you lucky fucks who got to see a full Maiden set! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!

I agree totally. I guess Maiden has been blowing Sabbath off the stage every night anyway. I'm going to see Trivium, Black Label Society, and Maiden. The rest is filler.

I think that happenend in Dallas, Texas during the dehuminizer tour. Ozzy happened to be around and did a special guest appearance on stage and maybe did a song or two. After that Dio was pissed and walked off stage never to return or even speak with any menmber of the band, as far as I know. Halford was called in to do 2 shows that were left on the tour. Halford was available, I think, because he may had just left Priest or maybe it was right before that.

johnnieCzech said:

1.I never said "Dehumanizer" is better than anything else. 2. Dio sucks singing any Ozzy's song, the "Live Evil" is a good example, same goes to Tony Martin ("Cross Purposes Live"). 3. Try to read carefully posts you're replying to. You should have enough time since you're unemployed.

Hahaha!

Right back at you!

My post basically meant that I think Dehumanizer is better than anything else Sabbath have done and that, for this reason, I don't care if Dio 'sucks' at singing Ozzy-era Sabbath songs i.e. I'd rather hear Dio singing Dio-era Sabbath than hear any other Sabbth. Your job obviously doesn't involve much use of the English language.

Oh yeah, I'm unemployed by choice because I'm a student...

When I saw them in Philly this year, Ozzy was cracking real bad towards the end. I would have loved to see a larger maiden set - or have bruce sing for Sabbath.

Last year in Philly, Halford sang for Sabbath, and that was awesome.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Hahaha!

Right back at you!

My post basically meant that I think Dehumanizer is better than anything else Sabbath have done and that, for this reason, I don't care if Dio 'sucks' at singing Ozzy-era Sabbath songs i.e. I'd rather hear Dio singing Dio-era Sabbath than hear any other Sabbth. Your job obviously doesn't involve much use of the English language.

Oh yeah, I'm unemployed by choice because I'm a student...
Taken. My apologies.

Yesterday during the wrap-up of The Sabbath's set @ the Ozzfest Ozzy's lost his voice :cry: . They were playing "Children Of The Grave" as an encore, and in the middle of the song he lost the ability to sing in high tunes or whatever it's called. Today - there is no Black Sabbath at Ozzfest. I was damn' lucky to catch them yesterday.
But now I wander - shouldn't they at least try to call Dio, Tony Martin, or even Gillan, so they could finish the fucking tour. 'Cause there is no Ozzfest w/out Black Sabbath.
P.S. Maiden were amazing as always...
I thought that no band is allowed to be on Ozzfest 2 years in a row. Shouldn't that mean that once every two years we get a break from the once-god-now-punchline-of-a-bad-joke Ozzy? :lol: